Name That Tune Contest: Episode XIII - Mario Edition

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Name That Tune Contest: Episode XIII - Mario Edition

Marzy is taking a break from making a new tune contest, so I am back with one of my own!

I am putting this up tonight, since I prefer to get this out of the way now and do things on Saturdays. I will close it next Saturday.

This edition has a Mario theme. Every track is from a game that both includes "Mario" in the title, and features Mario as a playable character.

PM me (Azuardo) your answers.

Enjoy!

To Enter

All you have to do is listen to the 25 music clips in the above YouTube video, and tell me which game they come from. PM me (Azuardo) your entry! Do not post your answers in this thread or anywhere else on the forum. Please title your PM something relevant, like "Contest Entry from (your username)", and if you don't have an answer for a clip, leave it blank (but guessing is always wise!).

Example:
1. Tetris
2. Super Mario 64
4. Donkey Kong Land

Scoring

1 point for a correctly guessed game.

There are no half-points for getting the correct series in this edition, since...well, you already know the correct series!

There is no penalty for a wrong answer, so just guess if you don't know!

Prizes

Stars are the rewards. Everyone finishing in the top 5 will receive a set amount of stars. Anyone that finishes outside of the top 5 will receive 1 star for participating.

1st place - 20 stars
2nd place - 10 stars
3rd place - 5 stars
4th place - 3 stars
5th place - 2 stars

Closing Date

Saturday, 14th March, 2015.

Rules, Tips and Notes

1. This edition has a Mario theme. Every track is from a game that both includes "Mario" in the title, and where Mario is a playable character.

2. Do not post your answers in this thread or elsewhere on the forum. PM me (Azuardo) your answers.

3. No asking for answers or discussing the answers with others on here. That would be completely unfair for those genuinely trying hard. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified.

4. If you want to submit a correction, you can. Just PM me again with your updated answers.

5. In the events of equal scores, whoever PM'd me first will be taken into consideration as to who wins. Your most recently-submitted entry will be taken if you corrected something, so bear this in mind.

6. If a song has appeared in more than one game, post the instance that this version appears from. If the version is in more than one game, posting any of the games it appears in is acceptable.

7. Don't worry if you think you cannot guess them all. Do your best and take a guess; you could still get a half point or even better! There is no penalty for a wrong answer! (No half-points in this contest, though).

8. No extra credit is given to guessing the name of the song. It would make it more difficult to guess the song name, so just the name of the game only please!

9. Be exact in your answer. If the game is a sequel, include the full title, sequel number or subtitle.

10. I will announce the winners in this thread as soon as I've counted up the scores after the contest ends.

Answers

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. Super Mario Bros.
7. Mario Kart Wii
8. Super Mario World
9. Super Mario 64
10. Super Mario Land
11. Paper Mario: TTYD
12. Mario Kart DS
13. Super Mario 3D World
14. Super Paper Mario
15. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
16. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
17. Mario Strikers Charged Football
18. New Super Mario Bros.
19. Mario Party 3
20. Super Mario Galaxy
21. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
22. Super Mario 3D Land
23. Mario Tennis 64
24. Mario Superstar Baseball
25. Mario Sports Mix

Results

Position & Name | Number of Points | Stars Awarded
1st Rudy | 14 points | 20 stars
2nd Marzy | 12 points | 10 stars
3rd JunkSnail | 12 points | 5 stars

( Edited 15.03.2015 16:11 by Azuardo )

Our member of the week

Boy... started off easy enough or so it seems then boom, I can only take wild guesses XD. Much harder than it seemed at first. But will send my entry anyway, and we'll see Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Lots of ones I have no idea on, but the first half I think I did okay.

Pretty tough!

Will close tonight.

Might be able to whip another one up for then, but is there any point when only 2 people enter? lol

If forum topics were news posts I'm sure these topics would get noticed more lol

Results below. I'll make a new one if more than three people plan to enter. Not sure it's worth the effort otherwise. Someone else is free to make one regardless. Cheers to those who entered.

Answers

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. Super Mario Bros.
7. Mario Kart Wii
8. Super Mario World
9. Super Mario 64
10. Super Mario Land
11. Paper Mario: TTYD
12. Mario Kart DS
13. Super Mario 3D World
14. Super Paper Mario
15. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
16. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
17. Mario Strikers Charged Football
18. New Super Mario Bros.
19. Mario Party 3
20. Super Mario Galaxy
21. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
22. Super Mario 3D Land
23. Mario Tennis 64
24. Mario Superstar Baseball
25. Mario Sports Mix

Results

Position & Name | Number of Points | Stars Awarded
1st Rudy | 14 points | 20 stars
2nd Marzy | 12 points | 10 stars
3rd JunkSnail | 12 points | 5 stars

( Edited 15.03.2015 16:11 by Azuardo )

Our member of the week

I do plan to enter if there's a new one. That last one, I found particularly tough XD, especially cause I simply don't play Mario sports games Smilie.

Image for
Our member of the week

At least a couple of my guesses were right Smilie. And I could sorta tell from the mood of the music when it had to be a sports game or not Smilie. With a bit more luck, could have had more correct guesses.

Gutted that I didn't get the correct Mario Strikers game, (or Mario Smash Football for us) I was so close XD.

Wii one was still known as Strikers here, too, Rudy :p

Super Mario Strikers = Mario Smash Football
Mario Strikers Charged = Mario Strikers Charged Football

Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
Wii one was still known as Strikers here, too, Rudy :p

Super Mario Strikers = Mario Smash Football
Mario Strikers Charged = Mario Strikers Charged Football

Yeah I know but I mean, gutted that I mistook the Wii one for Gamecube one Smilie. I never played either of them but could tell that it was from a Mario football game, I just didn't know which one for sure. And off the top of my head I didn't remember that the first one had totally different names for Europe and Yanks, but either name would have been wrong cause it was the Wii game that was supposed to be picked anyway Smilie.

We need a new Mario footie game. Love the designs and outfits they wear in Charged.

I dunno if or when I'll make a new contest unless more people ask for one. What theme would get people participating?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.