Cubed3 Smash League - SIGN UPS

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Azuardo said:
Final note on this.

I'm just gonna go ahead with the winning vote - Items with any stage.

I'm gonna assume everyone in the list in the OP is still participating, but if not, let me know and I'll remove.

Will try to get the new topic up later this evening, and people can arrange their matches whenever from that point on.

This will probably eliminate some people from the League. No items and Omega/tourney stages seems like the best bet to me. Or maybe let the participants choose on a match-to-match basis?

Well people have voted for it, so some people wanna do it. It's only fun, but people are free to drop out if they don't want to play.

Only other solution is I email/PM every single person in the OP and get a final vote from them and I go with that overall winner.

I will email/PM people now and use that majority. I think it's fair to do a re-vote since we had guests voting. But I'm going with the majority of what the participants want. Need to get an answer today ASAP. Either post it in this topic, or PM or email me.

( Edited 01.04.2015 15:09 by Azuardo )

Emails/PMs sent out to everyone in the OP now.

Need to get your votes today ASAP and will add them up.

If items of any kind does win, I think low frequency might be what we go with.

If items come out on top we can make a short list of items that are turned off like golden hammers and a couple of others.

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Definitely low frequency. No beetles, no gust bellows, no little flag that gives you extra stock; nothing that gives you a free KO.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Sure, we'll put it low and knock off certain shitty items.

Hopefully whatever the result is, people will just play for fun either way, but if you're not gonna play, do let me know ASAP. Wanna get the topic done tonight.

Again, whichever the result is, we can always run a simultaneous tourney doing the opposite ruleset (e.g. no items league + items tourney), and indeed an opposite ruleset league after this one ends. That way, people will get to play in leagues/tourneys using the rulesets they picked at some point.

The league I'm sure will run for a good while, but we'll try to get through them with different rulesets throughout the year. I know most people are down for whatever rules and happy to take part in whatever anyway. For now though, let's get this league set up and then we can think about running another tourney using a different ruleset for the near future.

Just waiting on votes from the following at the mo: SirLink, jb, Sonic13, Phoenom, LKR, Snowtwo.

We should do an April Fool's Day tourney. All items on high, Pac-Land only, 99 stock.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

Actually lol'd XD

I vote all items, all stages to truly test Smash Bros. skills.

Update on this.

Waiting for LKR's vote, which is very much needed since it's very close.

What I will say now to give an advanced notice, is that it is very possible that there could be a 3-way tie, and it is very possible, therefore, that two of those most-picked choices are going to be some form of "items on."

What this means is that the majority of people want to play some form of "items on." In that case, if that happens, those who picked an "items off" ruleset would then need to decide - either choose their preferred "items on" ruleset (all stages/tourney stages) or ask to not take part.

I'd get in touch with those that picked an "items off" rule to choose between the two "items on" options, if indeed they still want to participate. Do let me know in advance now or at the time the votes are in if you will be dropping out in the case of a majority "items on" vote.

That's the only fairest way we can finalise it. But need all votes before we get there.

Whatever happens, we will definitely be running a league and tourney of the opposite ruleset in the future, just so it ensures some form of items on and items off rulesets will be used for both leagues and tourneys at some point this year. It's only fair, since a lot of people do want to do items on at some point.

e.g. if this league ends up being items on, we will run a new elimination tourney in the near future (likely once the new Smash patch arrives) with items off, like the last tourney. As well as that, we will do an items off league once the items on league ends (whenever that is this year - possibly a few months down the line, if it plods along slowly).

So whatever the outcome of this today, don't worry - some form of items on and items off will be applied to both leagues and tourneys at some point, so that everyone gets to play their preferred ruleset.

We have the result, and the overall winning vote is:

Items with Omega/tourney stages

I will get in touch with those that voted a form of "no items" to defo check they are either playing or not playing. Or you can post in here before I do that.

Rest assured, as soon as the game patch releases, we will run another no items double elimination tourney in conjunction with this league - exactly the same rules as the last tourney. Likewise, once this league ends, we will do a no items league, and then an items tourney in conjunction with that one, just so we go through everything at some point.

The decision for us who are participating now is to choose which really shit items to turn off for the league. I'll leave that up to others to work out, so please chip in and hopefully we can all agree on it.

Perhaps in the future we can do an "all items; all stages" event, but for now, it's low frequency items, with some shit ones turned off, and Omega/tourney stages only.

Going with the EVO 2015 rules, they used these stages:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd

And for us, we are also allowing Omega stages. Anything else is a no-go.

( Edited 01.04.2015 22:50 by Azuardo )

Well, the items I see as stuff to turn off are the hammers and the Smash Ball. Everything else is IMO pretty balanced.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Just waiting for confirmation of whether the last of the "no items" voters is still in, and then we can get the new topic up and running.

Need to decide on the items we'll not be using. So far, I have this list:

- Smash Balls
- Galagan Bugs
- Beetle
- Gust Bellows
- Hammer
- Golden Hammer
- Rally-X Flag

If there's anything else, do say, but I think that covers most of the major cheap ones. Just need to make sure the host turns them off before the match begins.

Stages we will be using:

Any Omega stage, plus Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd.

So feel free to pick any of the above, but try not to pick the same stage that was used in a previous round in the same match.

Hopefully will finally have the final topic up today and then people can arrange matches as they like thereafter.

Making the new topic shortly. I'm going with the above for items banned.

And we are go Smilie

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/900841/1/cubed3-smash-league.html

I don't think banning Smash-balls is a valid thing as it is part of a characters balance. Some units have really good FS's, some have some really bad FS's, and the battle for the ball can also be key in deciding the outcome of the match regardless of if the FS gets used or not.

Well I've had two people say they don't want them. If we don't settle on something we'll never get this started. We've had disagreements in whether this would be items or not since the start, so we're always gonna have disagreements whatever happens. Unless someone else says they really want Smash Balls on before the first match starts, we'll proceed as in the new topic. In the future, we can do an all items tourney, but that will come after the next no items tourney.

As of now, it's as above and as in the new topic, and the first match can begin immediately.

Will lock this one now.

See you in the official league thread!

http://www.cubed3.com/topic/900841/1/cubed3-smash-league.html

Good luck to all.

( Edited 06.04.2015 14:10 by Azuardo )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
RudyC3

There are 1 members online at the moment.