What are you playing? - April 2015

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Just realised we hadn't had one of these for Feb or March, and now it's April! Mental how quick time goes.

So what is everyone playing recently?

I'm back on PS+ so I'm back to hammering DOA5 Last Round online on PS4 most nights. Game is like a drug. I upload some of my matches now and then. Mained Kasumi since I started on vanilla DOA5, but recently began learning Hitomi.

Also have been on a Metal Gear marathon, and have gone through MGS1, 2 and 3, and just started on MGS4.

Hotline Miami 2 is down, but it made me go back to playing the first game more than anything. Got a review to come for that, but feel like it's a step back from HM1.

Picked up Pullblox on 3DS. Decent puzzler.

And prior to all that, I finally finished up the main story of FF14 ARR 2.0. Still got all the 2.1-2.5 stuff to do eventually. Majora's Mask 3D is also fully completed, except for the fishing.

Our member of the week

I've been on Shin Megami Tensei IV for months, but I'm nearing the end of the game, just got a bunch of sidequests left to do, and I think i'm going to go for the complete compendium of demons cause the game is just that good. I kinda regret now giving it only a 8 but it was very hard to get into so, I'm still not fully convinced it's a 9, cause it doesn't ease people in enough to my taste, especially for me who was completely new to the franchise.

I just started Assassin's Creed IV, I'm taking my time exploring and collecting stuff, I'm at 21% right now. I know large open worlds are not everybody's cuppa, but I quite enjoyed III, and I purchased IV months back for my Wii U for about 10€, so I thought I'd start playing that one now. And I'm loving it so far. I haven't run into any game breaking bugs or glitches so far. I had to download a massive 1GB patch upon first loading it so I suppose it's good that I waited so long for them to iron out things Smilie. (Cause that's Ubisoft we're talking about after all Smilie)

And I just played a simple little Steam game called Hunie Pop, a mix of match-three game and dating sim that turned out surprisingly good (18+ though Smilie), after I watched two people playing it on Youtube and they made it seem hilarious by their comments so I wanted to try it out for myself cause the mechanics seemed fun. It was a fairly simplistic 2D game so my laptop could handle it without overheating too much. Just completed it yesterday. To those who like slightly hentai stuff, then this should be right up your alley Smilie. The voice actresses did a surprisingly good job too.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I know we have different views on AC3, Rudy - I thought it was pretty awful - but AC4 always looked like a much more appealing game. I quite enjoyed its short sequel, Freedom Cry, where you play as Adewale, getting a taste of the Caribbean setting. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I have lost all interest in the series now, with these further mediocre-at-best sequels coming out left, right and centre. But AC4 is still one I wouldn't mind trying. The vastness of it does throw me off a bit, although I heard the modern day scenes outside of the Animus are a lot less, which is good. Hated the modern parts of the games. £5 and I'd pick it up.

The usual, Guild Wars 2.... and that's it.

I really need to complete Majora's Mask sometime. I got about half-way and haven't touched it in weeks.

What happened Marzy? cba or get to a point you didn't like?

Can't be bothered, mainly. There wasn't really any point I got stuck on or didn't like. I was on my way to the third temple and then just lost interest for whatever reason.

I was playing Ori and the Blind Forest, too and lost interest in that, due to the difficulty. It's no fun to keep playing the same part of a game over and over. Then I tried Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and that was just meh, so lost interest in that and didn't even beat the first level.

So yeah, lots of cba's with games lately.

Azuardo said:
I know we have different views on AC3, Rudy - I thought it was pretty awful - but AC4 always looked like a much more appealing game. I quite enjoyed its short sequel, Freedom Cry, where you play as Adewale, getting a taste of the Caribbean setting. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I have lost all interest in the series now, with these further mediocre-at-best sequels coming out left, right and centre. But AC4 is still one I wouldn't mind trying. The vastness of it does throw me off a bit, although I heard the modern day scenes outside of the Animus are a lot less, which is good. Hated the modern parts of the games. £5 and I'd pick it up.

Assassins Creed 4 is absolutely amazing! By far my favourite game in the series.The game never feels to big and the scenes outside the animus are handled really well.

( Edited 04.04.2015 15:46 by Sandy Wilson )

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Just MH4U and Smash Bros, the same since February.

Our member of the week

Sandy Wilson said:
Azuardo said:

Assassins Creed 4 is absolutely amazing! By far my favourite game in the series.The game never feels to big and the scenes outside the animus are handled really well.

I am not far enough in the game to have experienced many scenes outside the Animus yet, I'm taking my time with it, exploring fully every new area I get access to before moving on with the story and savouring it bit by bit. I must say I quite enjoy it so far... except for the repeating pieces of scenery. I swear as I hopped from tiny island to tiny island, I've seen at times the same sort of location (same tree by which a fragment of animus is hovering, same rocky feature by which a chest rests) up to four times and I haven't explored a third of the whole map yet. That's a bit distracting, to me anyway, but on the whole it feels good. It feels a bit like Wind Waker to me in a sense, because of the time I spend exploring the ocean for chests and stuff to collect XD.

( Edited 04.04.2015 22:08 by RudyC3 )

Mario Party 10 & Smash Bros.

Gonna defo get back into Mario Kart with the DLC, though Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Mainly completing Smash Bros offline modes now, going through Classic with all characters and Multi man brawls etc. 

Ive also seemingly given up with Majoras Mask as well, i completed the first 3/4 of the game in the first week then I've just not played it. Mainly because I haven't really had time to sit down with it to play it through properly.

I reckon I might start Donkey Kong country returns 3D or Rayman origins sometime this month though! 

My main game is still Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (300 hours in), like it has been for nearly two months. I've also gotten back into Hyrule Warriors, where I almost fully completed the original Adventure Map. I really haven't touched any of the DLC beyond trying all new characters a few times, so I've got plenty of new stuff left to do.

I'm finally playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, it's really awesome so far. I may or may not play through the whole series one after another. Even though I did buy all Professor Layton games at the same time, I think I'll pick a few random games from my backlog before touching them.

Definitely getting back into Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 later this month, replay sharing for the former and 200cc for the latter are the things that drastically increased my interest in them again.

Our member of the week

One more game I'm playing now

Image for
Our member of the week

Done playing DK64 on Wii U VC.

Image for

I did a slightly better time than I did on my very first playthrough all those years ago, of which I had kept little to no memory, so it felt like a fresh start. I went ahead and cheked on my original cart how much time it took me the first time around.

Image for

Beside the titles I have been reviewing so am I on my second playthrough of Analogue: A Hate Story. That game is so beautiful so I simply had to replay it this soon. Normally I want to wait at least six months in between playthroughs of a game, but some titles are just to good to wait to replay. Smilie

I do also from time to time pick up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to play with my friends. That is certainly something one can never do too often, sadly it happens to seldom now during mid spring when everyone is busy with work and other things.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.