Cubed3 Smash League

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Cubed3 Smash League

Welcome to Cubed3's very first league competition for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!

League Standings

Match Schedule

Full Standings

C3 Chatroom

The C3 Chatroom is a great place for participants to organise their match-ups, instead of using Skype or PMing each other.

Feel free to use it here: Cubed3 Chatroom

Overview

Unlike the previous elimination tourney, this is a league competition using a single round robin format. That is, everybody in the league plays a match against every other opponent once. The number of wins determine the rankings in the league, and once all matches have been played, the person finishing in 1st place is the winner. Finer details will determine the positions of players in the case of tied wins, which will be explained further below.

There is no pressure to complete matches quickly this time around. This is an on-going format that could likely span a few months, if people take their time arranging matches with each other. That said, please do try to get your matches arranged when you can, just so we aren't waiting for some people to finish a whole bunch of matches when the league is near its end.

Please arrange your matches with other opponents in here or through PM/Skype, and use the chat room to set things up if needed.

Report the results of your matches in here for me to update in the Challonge table. It is very important that you tell me if it is a 2-0 win or a 2-1 win. These round wins are essential to determining positions in the table.

Good luck!

How Positions Are Determined

The number of match wins determine how high up the table you will be positioned. The more you win, the higher you will be.

In the case of being level with the same number of wins as another person, other factors will come into play.

The system will look at the following details to determine positions, in order of priority:

1. Number of match wins
The total number of matches you have won.

2. Round Difference
The number of rounds won minus number of rounds lost. Even if you lost a match 2-1, that 1 round win could prove vital in determining whether you rank above someone else or not.

3. Round Wins
The total number of rounds you have accumulated in all of your matches.

4. Tiebreaker
If you are still level with another person after the above calculations have been factored in, the system will look directly at your match result between you and the other person.

Rules

The rules are mostly the same as the previous elimination tourney, but with some important changes. See the spoiler below.

Prizes

Winner: 20 Stars
Runner-Up: 10 Stars
3rd Place: 5 Stars
4th Place: 3 stars

Everyone will get at least 1 star for taking part.

Participants

Name - NNID
  • Az - Azuardo
  • André - Firesplitter
  • jb - jbcubed3
  • crackedthesky - crackedthesky
  • Sonic_13 - Sonic_13
  • Sandy - Squidgybuffalo
  • Marzy - MarzyMarrs
  • Phoenom - Phoenom
  • Mush - C3Mush
  • Snowtwo - Snowtwo
  • Previous Competitions

Double Elimination Tournament #1

( Edited 14.11.2015 13:31 by Azuardo )

All right, from this point on, everyone is free to arrange matches with each other in any order they like. I can update any of the matches in any order. You can get your matches out of the way quickly with other people, or you can spread them out a bit. There is no time limit on when to get them all done by, but let's try not to drag it out too long.

I am always down for matches whenever, and I have plenty of free time over this Easter weekend if anyone wants to get any of theirs with me done over the next few days.

Good luck to all! Looking forward to a different format.

Right! Time to get gaming Smilie I'll be free for a bit tomorrow morning and evening but not between them so I'll probably post here and see if anyone is up for a match.

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Just message in here or PM me when anyone wants to fight me. I will have time over Sat to Mon.

Just to confirm, the rules are set now - nothing is changing, so the banned items above are final. If we keep having debates about ins and outs, we won't get anywhere, so let's just stick to the above now and begin.

If anyone still wants to drop out or join, you can, but everything is a go to proceed now.

Sandy, you online for some games with me, Lewis and Marzy for the league? Saw you online before but gone now.

Some results:

Az 2-1 Marzy
    Lewis 2-0 Az
    Lewis 2-0 Marzy

I can be on later Smilie had to leave for a birthday party.

Tomorrow arvo would be good for me!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Results from today:

Az 2-0 jb
    jb 2-1 Marzy

Smilie

Congrats to JB and Az for the wins!

Yeah, good games so far! Enjoying it a lot.

Was manic, very tense matches - items does make it significantly more challenging!

Match with Marzy was very, very close - literally down to the very last stock

One thing I've noticed - happened in both my matches and the tourney too, was how sometimes you can literally fall off (like a rock), or it doesn't grab the ledge? 

Happened a lot when I first started the Wii U version, but less so now (have been told when playing locally, it's me holding down lol - I dunno)

( Edited 05.04.2015 23:34 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

I think it's easy to accidentally knock down and drop. Did it myself in our match, and only just managed to recover. Heart stopper lol. But I dunno, I put it down to accidental presses of down.

Sounds like you guys are accidentally doing this: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Fast_falling

Sorry about not being avaiable over the weekend. The start of April is always horrendous at mine. Birthdays after birthdays after birthdays and having Easter too was just a lot to take in. Soo tired now!

It's ite Sandy. You free today or tonight?

I hope I'll have time tonight after work. Smilie I get home about six

Me and Sandy are gonna do our match now. If any others are available, jump into the chat room and we will try to get some done Smilie

http://www.cubed3.com/c3chat

Result:

Az 2-1 Sandy

I'm free all night for any more games.

( Edited 06.04.2015 19:39 by Azuardo )

Weekends are probably best for me, but I can have a match or two during the week. If anyone wants to play, just PM me on here and we can organise a match.

PM'd you : )

I've contacted everyone on the list, but no replies from some people, so I hope people will get back to organise and confirm/deny they're still taking part. Matches won't get done if people don't say what their plans are, and I don't want to have to be chasing people all the time, so please post like Mush has to say when is best for you.

I want to get mine done ASAP so let me know any time.

Thanks!

I'm available at most times, though the afternoon and evening for me are the best. EST of course.

Snowtwo said:
    I'm available at most times, though the afternoon and evening for me are the best. EST of course.
    Free today? Drop me a PM or email when is best for you.

Results:

Az 2-0 Snowtwo

Very important point to make here.

Between rounds, the game stupidly switches whose rules are in effect sometimes. Without realising, it switched to Snowtwo's rules after round 1, noticeable because a Smash Ball appeared. Therefore, both players please make sure you are setting up the correct rules just in case the game switches who is in control between rounds.

Remember, items are Low frequency, and you should always have a total of 7 items turned off; those being: Smash Balls, Special Flag, Boss Galaga, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Beetle and Gust Bellows.

And again, always Omega stages, or the following: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd.

Also, rough schedule for the types of tournies we'll do in the future in order of plan:

Leagues
    Selected items with tourney stages (on-going)
    No items with tourney stages
    All items with any stage

Double Elimination Tourneys
    No items with tourney stages (once SSB patch drops)
    All items with any stage
    Selected items with tourney stages

A league and tourney will hopefully always be running in conjunction with each other, but the next tourney won't begin until the patch comes out. Hopefully not too long away.

( Edited 07.04.2015 21:08 by Azuardo )

Anyone who is going to battle me, just send me a PM with a suggested time (in UK time, please). I am most likely going to be able to play at that time if I get about 24 hours to adapt my daily schedule to include it as I am quite busy IRL at the moment in addition to my Cubed3 duties. Luckly most of the things I am doing can be moved around quite freely, so if I get a time I can most likely adapt to it. If not, I will say so in my reply.

Have a nice day, and feel free to contact me! I sit on c3 pretty much at all times, so I will most likely reply within an hour or two.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Results:

Mush 2-1 Az
    Mush 2-0 Marzy

Will fight Andre some time between 6 and 7pm UK time, if anyone else is free then to fight.

Mush and Marzy are free then too. I am free any time tonight.

( Edited 08.04.2015 16:54 by Azuardo )

Bunch of us are in the chat room now getting matches done, if anyone is around.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
    Site Feed
    Who's Online?
    Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.