Is Splatoon doomed to be another Crystal Chronicles?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

A great idea, ruined by impossible implementation. From what I'm understanding you can't play turf war locally, and i'm guessing you can't play as a team on one console versus a team on another.

So to play as a team of say 3 friends, you need a house with 3 Wii U consoles and 3 tvs.

Yeah considering Nintendo's great reputation on local multiplayer support, it's kind of strange that Splatoon has such limited local options. :/

Isn't that how most shooters are now a days? Why would Splatoon be doomed by it when every other shooter is fine?

The fact that Splatoon lacks good Local Multiplayer saddens me. Local Multiplayer is and will always be the king of multiplayer.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

It's most certainly fun to play in a team of people that one knows and plays a lot with. What is not so fun though is playing in teams with random people as that is like playing with a crew of bots. I do sincerely hope that there is a team v team online mode so I can at least pick my team mates from my friend list and am not stuck playing with "bots" (i.e. random players). There is no connection to them at all. :/

Luckily there is no voice chat though. That is something that I think needs to die in random pairing titles. There truly ain't anything more annoying in my opinion. In pre-made teams it is good for communication, but not in random match ups.

( Edited 22.04.2015 09:57 by Andre Eriksson )

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

Andre Eriksson said:
Luckily there is no voice chat though. That is something that I think needs to die in random pairing titles. There truly ain't anything more annoying in my opinion. In pre-made teams it is good for communication, but not in random match ups.
1. Make mute the default option.
2. Make voice chat friends only.

There. Two simple options that means no one can complain.

Really don't get the mindset of people that say "I'm glad there is no voice chat." It doesn't HAVE to be forced on you. Choice is something Nintendo doesn't seem to have any clue about.

Yeah, voice chat is fantastic for friend rooms.

I actually like that Nintendo have focused on an online specific title. I think it's something they've needed for a while. It's just weird that such an online focused game doesn't have the options it should have, such as voice chat, since it's a game that really needs it to be able to play strategically!

Also, if Splatoon does well enough, perhaps a better local multiplayer mode would be considered for a sequel.

Azuardo said:
Andre Eriksson said:
1. Make mute the default option.
2. Make voice chat friends only.
There. Two simple options that means no one can complain.

Really don't get the mindset of people that say "I'm glad there is no voice chat." It doesn't HAVE to be forced on you. Choice is something Nintendo doesn't seem to have any clue about.

With friends only (i.e. teamed battles) I have no issue at all with them. But when there is with random people it is sadly too often enforced on people from my experience whenever there is anyway to get voice chat on. :/ As stated though, I think it would be great if they have a team vs. team mode. And then voicechat would be cool.

Online will be good fun with you guys and randoms, but disappointed massively in the lack of split-screen co-op. A 2vs2 or 4vs bots would have been great, as a minimum, or even a 4 local vs 4 online would be have been ace.

Was really hyping this game to friends as the Wii U game to play - none of them have Wii U consoles, so can't really get the right experience.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.