Cubed3 Smash Tournament #2

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Cubed3 Smash Tournament #2

Welcome to Cubed3's second tournament for SSB Wii U!

Tournament Bracket

Challonge Bracket Link

C3 Chatroom

Once you've organised a time and date with your opponent to play your matches, use the chatroom to meet up when you play each other, so you can easily communicate and ensure the matches are being set up correctly.

Feel free to use it, here: Cubed3 Chatroom

Overview

This is a Double Elimination tournament, which functions in almost exactly the same way as our first elimination tourney. The bracket has been shuffled randomly using Challonge's shuffle button to determine who fights who. Each match-up is a Best of 3 games (first two 2 wins), 3-stock, with no items. The only difference this time is that certain tourney-legal stages are allowed to be picked, as well as the usual Omega versions (see below for all rules).

Use this topic, send private messages or get in touch through other means (Skype, email) in order to set up a preferred time and date that works for you and your opponent, and use the chatroom on the day to ensure you are both ready to begin and are setting up the matches correctly.

Please ensure both players set the rules up correctly, as the game will sometimes switch whose rules are in effect after games end.

Report the results of your match-ups in here, noting if it was a 2-0 or 2-1 win, and I will update the bracket.

The tournament commences immediately!

Good luck!

Rules

• Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. only
  • Double Elimination tournament
  • 3-Stock
  • Best of 3 games (first to 2 wins); Best of 5 in Loser and Grand Finals (first to 3 wins)
  • All characters allowed, except Miis
  • No custom moves/equipment
  • No items
  • Omega and tourney-only stages
    - Battlefield
    - Final Destination
    - Smashville
    - Lylat Cruise
    - Town & City
    - Castle Siege
    - Delfino Plaza
    - Duck Hunt
    - Halberd
  • Make sure both players set up the exact same rules, as the game sometimes switches whose rules are in effect after the end of a game.
  • If it becomes apparent that incorrect rules were in play (illegal items or stage picks, for example), then that game must be replayed.
  • No touching of the hair or face

Prizes

Winner: 20 Stars
Runner-Up 10 Stars
3rd Place: 5 Stars
4th Place: 3 Stars

Everyone will get at least 1 star for taking part

Participants

Name - NNID
Az - Azuardo
SirLink - SirLinkofTime
Sandy - Squidgybuffalo
Sonic_13 - Sonic_13
André - Firesplitter
crackedthesky - crackedthesky
Marzy - MarzyMarrs
jb - jbcubed3
Sherwinator - Sherwiinator

Previous Competitions

Double Elimination Tournament #1
League Competition #1

( Edited 14.11.2015 00:55 by Azuardo )

All systems go, guys Smilie

Lewis, name your preferred time and I'll more than likely be able to make it. Shame I go straight into the Losers Bracket again haha.

Tomorrow around 7ish would be good for me if your keen then?

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Yeah, should be good for then.

OMG I have to fight one of you guys! I'll be in the losers bracket pretty fast. XD

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

crackedthesky... when's good for you? Smilie  let me know the time and hopefully it will be a good match Smilie

Wii Code: 6399-3866-6269-0745
PSN: SherWiinator Currently playing: LOZ: SS
Wishlist: Last Story, Pandora's tower, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

Shitting bollocks, into the loser bracket I go Smilie

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Any chance we can postpone until tomorrow az? Something's popped up but I'll be on tomorrow around 7ish.

( Edited 15.05.2015 18:49 by LKR000 )

Might be out tomorrow night, so not sure if I'll be on around that time yet. Can you do sometime in the day tomorrow?

Gonna be working around then so we may have to do it at a different date.

Alright, keep it pencilled in for 7 tomorrow, but if I can't make it, will let you know in here. Might not know till closer the time, as not sure what time I'm going out yet (if at all). Otherwise, we can do some time Sunday.

Ok

In case you get on Lewis, I'm not able to play tonight, so name a time for tomorrow and we can do then : )

Anytime after 7 is good for me.

How does 9pm sound tonight?

Sounds good, I'll be in the chatroom then.

Lewis won 2-0, good games Smilie

Weee, into Losers xD

Ah, I sense death in my future. XD I might be free tonight for a match.

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

jb said:
Shitting bollocks, into the loser bracket I go Smilie
Do you still want to settle it in Smash? You don't sound too confident. Smilie

^ Lol, am still game! Smilie How's about tomorrow/Wed/Thursday evening are good for me

Thursday evening is good, should be a bit more in the mood then since I'm getting an early weekend. Smilie Just let me know when you're available on Skype.

It's a shame that it's incredibly hard for me to play Smash after a day at work. My focus slips incredibly quickly to the point where I'm utterly shit after a dozen or so matches. Always so painful to convince myself that it's time to get off For Glory now if I don't want my win ratios to unnecessarily suffer. Smilie

2-0 to me. Absolutely creamed SirLink.... is what I dreamt last night.

Alas, it was 2-0 to SirLink in less than 5 minutes. I got one stock of him though! Missed the ledge twice. Grumbles

Marzy & Sonic13, let me know when you guys do your match - I will play the loser right after.

Sherwinator said:
crackedthesky... when's good for you? Smilie  let me know the time and hopefully it will be a good match Smilie

Sorry, just now saw this thread.

I'm in US Central time, which right now is I think 5 behind GMT. I'm free most times, especially at morning and night here, so whenever's best for you I can probably line up with.

NNID: crackedthesky
My blog, mostly about writing: http://www.davidjlovato.com

I defeated Marzy 2-0

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.