Cubed3 Future Plans

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Hi everyone,

Just a quick little update on where we're heading for 2015 and beyond!

At the moment, we're working on a brand new look Cubed3 behind the scenes, to make sure we are fully mobile optimised (there is a mobile version, but it's pretty pants and outdated). There's even a Wii version, somewhere out there, lurking in the shadows.

Initially the new Cubed3 was going to be a simple reskin, but I've learnt a fair bit in my full-time job over the last few years that'll help boost the site's profile, and make us run that bit more efficiently!

The new version is still very much in development, but we're aiming for sometime this Summer - potentially - for a release.

In the meantime, there will be a half-way version - something I worked on before, then scrapped, before creating the new version of Cubed3 - it's better than the current one, but is more of a quicker reskin. This one should become active in the next few days, I would hope, just to tide us over whilst the new one is being built.

Underused features we have been taking off the site in the background - downscaling the wi-fi section, removing user blogs and things like that - basically having a big clear out and focusing on what makes Cubed3 great - feature content and, of course, you guys as a community.

Once the new site launches, of course we'll be open for new ideas and really growing the site! 

Thanks for sticking with Cubed3!

Till then Smilie

( Edited 24.05.2015 11:21 by jb )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Looking forward to the relaunch! Must be difficult to the get the balance right between having a whole bunch of features whilst also having a simple and friendly interface.

Really can't wait for even the temp new design. Looking forward to a cleaner Cubed3 experience. Smilie

To be honest, I'm not liking this temporary reskin.

My two complaints are:
1) The messages and updates icons are really small
2) The page goes into what looks like a mobile format, even on desktop, if the page is moved from full screen to half screen which hides all the valuable navigational information such as messages, comment responses, etc.

Sonic_13 said:

My two complaints are:
2) The page goes into what looks like a mobile format, even on desktop, if the page is moved from full screen to half screen which hides all the valuable navigational information such as messages, comment responses, etc.

Hi - what device are you using / and browser? It should be regular version until the cutoff point

Thanks!

jb said:

Sonic_13 said:

My two complaints are:

Hi - what device are you using / and browser? It should be regular version until the cutoff point

Thanks!

Chrome on Windows

If I have the page open full screen, then it's fine.
If I snap it to half the screen as I often do, then it appears to be in a mobile like format and all the sidebar stuff gone and only a mobile-like menu button in the top right.

Ah right - I see! I'll be doing a "switch to desktop" button soon!

The mobile breakpoint appears to be 980px (a little large width-wise, the average mobile break is 768px).
Looking forward to seeing the final design!

The one change that gets me is I am missing being able to see notifications on my phone.

( Edited 19.06.2015 14:42 by Sandy Wilson )

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.