Who's The Most Annoying Videogame Character?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

For me, it has to be Baby Mario.

He single-handedly ruined the Yoshi's Island games for me. I love just pure Yoshi platforming, without having worry about a useless character on my back. On top of that, if you get hit, he starts flying off in the opposite direction and makes a whining sound. How is this considered fun?

Who's the most annoying videogame characters you've had the experience of meeting?

I know I have a few, but these spring to mind atm.

Tails has always pissed me off ever since he first opened his damn mouth. Cute back in the pixel days, but now he's a smart-arse little shit whose balls never drop.

Birdo pissed me off when Nintendo tried to make her Yoshi's girlfriend. They're not even the same species ffs, and it looks gross with its giant schnozz that you can see for miles down. Then the noise she makes... Keep her the hell away from Yoshi.

Knuckles in Sonic & Knuckles was a bit of a 'nob'ead!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Tingle.

Edit: I really wish I could leave this at one word. Alas, I cannot.

Pretty much any protagonist of any JRPG released in the past 15 years. Because if I wanted to listen to a whiny emo teenager complain about how horrible life is, their miscellaneous problems, and how hungry they are, then I would...

Then I would...

I don't know what "I would" do, because I don't want to listen to whiny emo teenagers complaining. Tidus, Vaan, Penelo, Hope, the one from Magna Carta 2... Still, I have to stick to my original answer: Mr. Koolah - LImpah! himself. Because I hate Tingle. I'd sit in a room listening to Tidus, Vaan, Penelo, and Hope sitting in a circle and talking about how bad their lives are before I listened to Tingle say two words. 

( Edited 06.06.2015 03:16 by Anema86 )

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Haha, Tingle seems to have a reputation for being one of the most annoying characters, but I kind of like him, personally. ^^; I find him funny! I can definitely understand why some may find him annoying though.

Agree on Birdo, the noise it makes as well, it sounds like a vuvuzela going off when it talks. (I say "it" because I still don't know if it's male or female).

I'm going to add Andrew Oikonny to the list of annoying videogame characters. However, not the Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) version, but the Star Fox Assault version of him. In Assault, he was incredibly annoying and was fortunately destroyed by the end of stage 1. He just came across as an Andross wannabe (as it even mentions in the game) and a pathetic antagonist in general.

( Edited 06.06.2015 13:13 by Marzy )

Agree on Birdo, the noise it makes as well, it sounds like a vuvuzela going off when it talks. (I say "it" because I still don't know if it's male or female).

Pretty sure the original Super Mario Bros 2 manual says Birdo is male!

I don't mind Birdo, or Tingle. Amy Rose is rather annoying though. 

I don't mind Tingle, either, but only in certain instances. I think if he had full voice acting he could definitely be one of the most annoying gits in all of video games, in the same way Tails and Amy Rose are (their voices effectively kill them as characters). Tingle's actually got a cuter design in Wind Waker, so he's not as bad to look at there when compared to his Majora's Mask version, where the more realistic graphics make him a lot creepier as a man dressed as a fairy. I don't want to see him too much more in the Zelda series, though. I feel like he's run his course, and I wouldn't want to see him shoehorned into future 3D games especially.

As for Birdo, it's all pretty interesting and humorous how Nintendo has handled the character up to the present day.

According to the North American instruction manual of Super Mario Bros. 2 (pg. 27):
He thinks he is a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called "birdetta."

This statement applies to all translations of the title. The official guide continues to refer to Birdo as a "he" as well. In Japan, Birdo is portrayed as a male who believes she is a female and prefers to be called by a nickname, "Cathy", rather than her real name "Catherine". As recently as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Birdo's Trophy description describes the character as "gender indeterminate", and uses the pronoun "it" rather than gender-specific pronouns such as "he" or "she". However, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe usually refer to Birdo as a girl.

The confusion surrounding Birdo's gender has also been addressed in a light-hearted matter, such as when Popple pauses before settling on calling Birdo a "dame" in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and is also shown in the U.S. manual of Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, where all the female characters have a pink dot behind them, including Birdo. In Super Mario Advance, though, the Birdos in that game had female voices, but the pitch level of the voices varied, depending on Birdo's color. The pink Birdo had the highest pitched voice, while the green Birdo had the lowest pitched voice in that game; the red Birdo's voice had a pitch level that's in between.

In the game Captain Rainbow, Birdo is heard with a deep, male voice which gets high-pitched when she gets angry or excited. Additionally, in the game's second trailer, Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! speaks about Birdo, calling her a "young lady," only to take a short break and ponder. His final verdict is "Depending on one's view point, she is a young lady." In the game, Birdo's indeterminate gender also forms the basis for a side quest to find proof that she is a girl (which is found, but censored).

The games and Nintendo seem to treat or refer to Birdo as a girl in more recent times, but clearly Nintendo likes to play with the joke a lot in certain story-based games. I think out of respect, though, if Birdo wants to be seen as a girl, we should refer to her as such Smilie

More on topic, FF13's Hope was one I first thought of when replying to this, but not exactly who I'd consider the most annoying person in all of video games, since he's only had a few appearances. In Lightning Returns, though, oh my god, yes, I wanted to punch his face in. Constant interruptions. I hated his voice. Stupid that there was no way to mute him.

( Edited 07.06.2015 02:23 by Azuardo )

I'd love Nintendo to really introduce a complete knob'ead in the next big Zelda game - someone who you're practically forced to work with, totally muppet - bit like a Groose character that's more involved, that you grow to hate but comes back to save you at a cruical point.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
juzzy

There are 1 members online at the moment.