E3 2015 - Is Your Body Ready?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

2 weeks!

It's fast approaching, which means it's time for the official thread to appear. This is the place for all E3 discussion. Post funny GIFs and videos, talk about the games at the show, what you expect to be shown? Talk about each press conference. All the usual stuff really. Smilie

Of course, IRC is essential and a yearly tradition for Cubed3, so as always, here's the link to the IRC channel we usually use. You can access it through a client like ChatZilla though (I think).

C3 E3 IRC

IRC Chat

Press Conference Times (BST)

Oculus: Thursday, June 11th at 6pm
Bethesda: Monday, June 15th at 3am
Microsoft: Monday, June 15th at 5.30pm
EA: Monday, June 15th at 9pm
Ubisoft: Monday, June 15th at 11pm
Sony: Tuesday, June 16th at 2am
Nintendo: Tuesday, June 16th at 5pm
Square-Enix: Tuesday,  June 16th at 6pm
PC Gaming Show: Wednesday, June 17th 1am

( Edited 11.06.2015 01:55 by Azuardo )

Least hyped I've ever been for an E3. Gonna be pants. Will probs watch the Nintendo one and that's it. The worse expectations I have, hopefully the more surprised and pleased I'll be in the end.

Not one to make predictions, but I'll go with assuming Uncharted and Mass Effect HD trilogies will be announced, the latter of which I have a lot of reason to wish for. Would be much more than a simple remaster with some of the proposed features fans want, and what the devs have mentioned, but we'll see. Would make sense to do since ME4 is a long way off. ME4 is one thing I'm defo looking forward to seeing at E3.

I think you have some of those times/dates wrong:

Image for

( Edited 11.06.2015 01:51 by Azuardo )

Yeah, thought some were wrong. I got them off Eurogamer. Thanks, will change them now.

Oh, I guess Ryu will be announced for Smash?

Hmm, I'd much rather see Blanka, I think he'd be great for Smash. Ryu is a bit boring, but I can understand why he'd be put in the game, considering he's like the main face of Street Fighter.

I'm not one to predict much anymore either, but I think Animal Crossing and a new 3D Mario game will be revealed for the Wii U.

Am hoping to see a WiiU Animal Crossing with full couch co-op features and shared town. It needs to expand far more than past games and there's no excuse now that they've got a powerful console to work with. More customization, more interaction with the town/townsfolk and just a lot more to do in general. Taking a cue from Splatoon's use of Miiverse would be nice also. Smilie

I'm actually excited for Microsoft's conference for the first time ever. I think they'll be putting more focus on the games than ever before with recent comments from them and I'm sure there will be some big suprises.

I don't know why but I think/hope we'll see FFXVI revealed now that FFXV is finally moving forward. XD

As for remasters, Final Fantasy XII is the main one I'm wanting after how well X/X-2 HD were. It's one of my fave FF and one that deserves another chance in the spotlight.

Aaaaaaand remakes...

Super Mario Sunshine HD and Twilight Princess HD.

After Wind Waker HD and the 2 Zelda remakes on 3DS, I think these 2 deserve the HD treatment also. I know Sunshine's not to everyone's taste but I just love it and it would look gorgeous remade in HD. Same for Twilight Princess that just didn't shine like it should've on Wii/GC.

I still think they'd be better off leaving AC until the NX, but it sounds like it could indeed be heading for Wii U. Can't see the point really. Get it on NX with a much more community-based, user-friendly and accessible online system. Would be a good advertisement for system-embedded party chat for one thing. Seems much more worthwhile to go all out with it for NX. Graphically, the series has always been cheap, though, so perhaps they fancy smashing one out on the U at low cost.

Think TP HD could be a strong possibility. Would expect another remaster on the U before its time is up. With Zelda U delayed, TP might be one they opt for. Since Galaxy HD is now out of the question, Sunshine might get HD treatment too.

I don't know why but I think/hope we'll see FFXVI revealed now that FFXV is finally moving forward. XD
Won't happen.

Seems Uncharted trilogy came earlier than I thought, but tbh it's probably better to get it out the way now than announcing it at the show. I'm sure there will be more than a couple of remasters announced at E3, which will no doubt roll a lot of eyes. Mass Effect will do nicely, just so long as it's a more seamless experience.

MY BODY IS READY!!!

Hoping for an unexpected surprise like Splatoon and Code Name Steam were last year.

I would be really shocked if we didn't hear what Next Level Games is working on as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Mooon came out over two years ago.

I also expect to hear about Retro's next game.

Would love for some sort of amiibo based game - something ala Subspace Emissary and Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Lego Dimensions.

I'm sure we'll see more amiibo announcements.

Yeah, if they're going to make a new home console Animal Crossing, it really needs to be a big step up. City Life was pointless on the Wii, so it shouldn't be another City Life.

Basically, it should have a bigger focus on an online community. Have a hub area, like you mentioned Wayne. Sort of like Splatoons, where you can see peoples Miiverse posts and trade items with each other by sending them through the post office. I also think they should add some objectives to Animal Crossing. Nothing too challenging or grand in scale, but at least something other to do than the same things we've been doing for years. There's only so much fishing, gardening and collecting you can do before it gets boring.

I imagine it would have Amiibo support and also some Animal Crossing Amiibo will be released. I'm not really sure how it could function in the game though.

I wouldn't mind a Twilight Princess HD, I haven't played that game in nearly 8-9 years. I'd much rather play through a remastered version. HD Sunshine is a no for me though, I hate that game so much. I'd rather have a HD Galaxy double pack. x)

Most importantly though, I just hope we get new games. Something that will surprise us. I'm tired with all the remasters lately, I just want fresh experiences like Splatoon.

( Edited 05.06.2015 12:46 by Marzy )

I'm not too sure we'll see much in terms on new IP at this years show. We've got StarFox at least to look forward to. I can see them going into detail on even more DLC for Splatoon given it's popularity.

I'm very interested in seeing Retro's next game. I'm hoping it's Metroid Prime more akin to the first game rather than the third. Saying that, I wouldn't mind seeing them revive another Nintendo classic though I'm not too sure what else they could bring back.

Nintendo said we won't get a new 3D Mario game this year but that doesn't mean they can't announce one. Hopefully the next game has some sort of theme. The NEW/3DLand looks are getting very old whereas games like Sunshine and Galaxy still seem interesting and great.

That Animal Crossing House Decorator on 3DS looks rather dumb so I hope that isn't the next "big" AC game.

Definitely think they'll show Metroid - in some form or other, new 3D Mario game, more Smash Bros. DLC.

Probably a bigger focus on third parties (JP like Capcom / S-E / Level 5) and indie studios this year, methinks.

Hoping for more Mario Kart 8 DLC, and that Star Fox is ONLINE with 4 player local.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Yeah, in terms of new games, I just meant I'd really like to see new games in existing series even. Something like a new Metroid would be great (even though I'm not a fan, personally).

For me, I'd love a new Pilotwings game. A Pilotwings that is a worthy sequel to the N64 entry and not a mediocre rush job, like the 3DS one. Something more like the N64 one, with different locations to explore and maybe add in some online functionality, even if it's just leaderboards or something. I really like the characters from the N64 one, too, I would love them to return, they gave the game more of an identity. I'd be happy for Monster Games to work on it again, they had a good foundation on the 3DS one, it's just there wasn't enough too it.

Speaking of which, remember that rumor about Monster Games working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. It's highly likely to be not true, but damn, I'd go bananas if that was revealed at E3 this year.

Also, yes! Star Fox NEEDS a good online mode. It's been begging for it ever since the Assault days.

( Edited 06.06.2015 10:32 by Marzy )

I'm hyped for Nintendo's conference as always. The Directs have been excellent and I have to eat my hat and say that I actually prefer this approach for myself personally. Although I think it attracts less press coverage for those not so clued up on the games industry. 

Anyway, Retro sent out a teaser Tweet "Can you dig it?" - no idea what they've got planned unless it's a Booker T tribute! Succcckkkkkaaaaaa!

I think there will be a dedicated Amibo game of some sort, no idea what but something along Skylanders style of game of hot swapping characters.

Speaking of amiibo they'll announce a raft of new waves and series including Starfox and perhaps a Sonic series.

Considering Nintendo's involvement in smartphones I reckon that they'll be creating a smartphone of their own (I wish!) which will most likely use Android.

I can see other Smash DLC such as Roy, Ryu and Rayman being announced in the Smash exclusive show.

Perhaps a big Pokemon RPG for the Wii U!

Ive given up on Metroid, I don't think it'll happen to the NX! 

I also prefer the Digital Event/Directs over a press conference. The former being way more packed of content and less boring talking. A Digital Event/Direct always has better pacing and they can make some much more entertaining content, like they did last year with the Robot Chicken segments and the Reggie and Iwata fight (one of the most epic E3 moment ever!).

Interestingly enough, about tha Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumor I mentioned. There was a new trademark filed for Diddy Kong in Europe yesterday, so it's sparked off new rumors that it could be announced at E3 this year! It pure speculation, but yeah, it would be one hell of a reveal to make.

The Ratchet & Clank reimagining for PS4 looks absolutely brilliant, and it's the sort of "remaster" I have no problems with since it's a game from two gens ago. The new visuals give it so much more life and the gameplay looks really fun, I love that pixel blaster weapon. This is one of the first games to make me get more interested in PS4, along with Uncharted 4. Hopefully Sony have some actual new games to show during their conference!

Linkle in Hyrule Warriors on 3DS?

( Edited 11.06.2015 12:27 by Marzy )

I am a little gutted about the pre-e3 spoilers though, wish Nintendo could keep a tighter lid. Hyrule warriors for the 3DS should be fun and I reckon I'll be buying that. It's looking like it's ready as well! 

Id be interested to see what Sakurai has been working on post Smash bros. I'm hoping Kid Icarus will get more love.

its been a little while since Mario Tennis/Golf showed up on the 3DS so I reckon Camelot will show a Wii U version. 

Id be annoyed if yet another Kirby game is announced, I like Kirby but I reckon some other IP's are in need of much love.

Pikmin for 3DS is also another prediction! 

Microsoft up today, folks! Who's planning on watching it?

It's hard top get excited about Microsoft and Sony conferences now, since the past few years have been quite boring. I'll be watching both still though, and this year it seems Microsoft is going to have some decent games to show, according to the company. The game I'm most looking forward to hearing about is obviously Rare's new title.

Could it be Banjo? Maybe, but I'm thinking it might be a new Conker game.

I'll be watching it, hopefully Microsoft will surprise us with something but I dunno what would get me hyped besides gears of war xD

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Don't forget to join the IRC channel, peeps!

Microsoft's press conference starts in just under 2 hours.

Who watched the NWC 2015 last night? Was epic. Massive feels. Poor Cosmo! That last match was, wow, quite something.

Reggie got wrecked. 

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Yep, watched it all and it was amazing. It was a superb way to kick off E3 and really showed the essence of why games are so fun. The two remaining players were insane at Mario Maker! Easily my highlight of the show.

Lol, yeah, Reggie was awful at Smash. x) I mean I'm not that good, but damn. Shocking. I kind of felt sorry for him.

Microsoft's press conference was okay, there was a few games that interested me. Tomb Raider is something I'd like to get, but nothing that special and ReCore looked a bit interesting. Cuphead was the standout game though. It looks so beautiful, they perfectly recreated the look and animation of those classic Mickey Mouse cartoons. Beyond Eyes looked great, too and also the Rare Collection (of course!).

Not really sure what to think of the new Rare game, that was a bit anti-climatic for me. I mean, it looks kind of interesting, but damn, where's that Rare charm? I guess I'll see how it goes, but I don't think I'll be that interested in it from what I've seen so far.

Not got much hope for Sony's conference.

Sony won E3 last night, have no other words.

I only just caught up with everything today. My mind is blown as far as sony's conference is concerned. One title: FFVII Remake. Can't wait to see what nintendo shows off! It's been a great E3 so far!

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

One of the best moments ever.

Please please please for the love of God don't fuck this up Square, this is your chance to wash away the taint of FF12 onwards.

I hope I can stream nintendo's conference on my mobile data! I'll not be near a computer when it starts. Are they showing it on youtube?

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, GamingLillyCat, mikem52

There are 3 members online at the moment.