E3 2015 - Is Your Body Ready?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Yep, the Digital Event should be on YouTube. Smilie

YouTube have been great with coverage this year.

Our member of the week

Marzy said:
There was a new trademark filed for Diddy Kong in Europe yesterday, so it's sparked off new rumors that it could be announced at E3 this year! It pure speculation, but yeah, it would be one hell of a reveal to make.

It's gonna be for the release of the original on Wii U Virtual Console. Mark my words. They're busy re-releasing rare-collaborated DK related games on the VC, with DKC 1 through 3 and 64 now out of the way, the next logical one to bring back out would be the original DKR.
Phoenom said:
Please please please for the love of God don't fuck this up Square, this is your chance to wash away the taint of FF12 onwards.

Cloud is gonna look even more gay. I'd bet on it Smilie. Count on them to make all the guys look even more effeminate (look at XV) and for Tifa's boobs to double... no... TRIPLE in volume Smilie. And for Yufie to look even more underage too, for all those pedos out there that make up a lot of the modern FF fanbase Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer
Our member of the week

Sandy Wilson said:
I hope I can stream nintendo's conference on my mobile data! I'll not be near a computer when it starts. Are they showing it on youtube?

I can watch Twitch on my phone, I watched part of yesterday's smash bros direct through it, from nintendo's E3 website. I use Next Browser on Android, with Flash Player installed.

Told you E3 was gonna be shit. I should do this every year. I'm gonna keep telling myself Nintendo's will be crap, and hopefully we'll get Metroid Prime 4.

What a night. I shouldn't have stayed up, but my gut made me do the right thing lol. FF7-R and Shenmue 3. I don't think I want anything else from games any more. Nothing will ever top this.

RudyC3 said:

Cloud is gonna look even more gay. I'd bet on it Smilie. Count on them to make all the guys look even more effeminate (look at XV) and for Tifa's boobs to double... no... TRIPLE in volume Smilie. And for Yufie to look even more underage too, for all those pedos out there that make up a lot of the modern FF fanbase Smilie.

Haha, all that I can live with as long as it doesn't become another corridor simulator with pointless conversations interrupting every few minutes. Smilie

Nintendo's event was alright, highlight was the co-op 3DS Zelda. Shame we had to miss out on Zelda Wii U footage and likely other announcements because this was focused on near-future releases with 2015 and early 2016 release windows. In that sense, there's no way it could compete with other companies showing games that aren't even remotely done.

Xenoblade X coming in December was a huge blow to me, because I can't take a week or two off work during that period. Oh well...

Tbh, nothing from this E3 really got my hyped. I haven't played Shenmue and wasn't a big fan of FFVII, so those two bombshells didn't do much for me. There was a lot of good stuff shown from pretty much all major companies that I'll be keeping my eyes on, just nothing that got me too excited. Not a bad thing though, since it'll allow me to focus on my backlog more while only picking up a few new games.

Sony's was definitely the highlight overall and each company has some decent games but overall it wasn't that great. Square showing Kingdom hearts 3 gameplay was pretty hype though and I love the look of Just Cause 3!

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

Phoenom said:
Please please please for the love of God don't fuck this up Square, this is your chance to wash away the taint of FF12 onwards.

Wash your mouth FF12 was absolutely amazing Smilie Same with FF14. Smilie

​Sony definitely won for me and I've never even played Shenmue 1 or 2. FF7 remake......OMG! Was expecting a bit Square announcement hence why I thought FF16 but this is miles better! 

Microsoft had a very good showing as well. No one was expecting backwards compatibility and they also showed a number of great looking games. The Tomb Raider reveal wasn't too great and didn't really show what hadn't already been achieved in the 1st game. Apart from the ice, it looked identical.

Nintendo was very flat for me. The puppet show was amazing and great fun but from there it was just dull. There was no "no way" moment and felt too safe. Star Fox looks great but it was expected and then we just more Mario Sports, more Amiibo and focus on games we've already seen in great detail like Yoshi, Mario Maker and Xenoblade. Am so disappointed with the Animal Crossing spin-offs especially the WiiU which just looks cheap. I always set myself up to by getting hyped but I don't think anyone expected such a quiet showing from Nintendo.

Don't even get me started that Metroid game.....

Excluding Nintendo, the E3 has been a complete success for me. Smilie

Our member of the week

Yeah, Nintendo's was just OK for me, nothing announced that really blew my mind. I like the sound of the Metroid Prime spinoff, as I always had a soft spot for the Galactic Federation forces, so I hope that has some decent solo part with a canon storyline exploring the federation lore. That's about it. Starfox, Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooly World, FE Fates, FExSMT, Super Mario Maker... those are all great, but we already knew about them before, there was nothing new and coming out of nowhere the way I was hoping for, though still without daring to get my hopes up too much.

Out of the big 3, for me is was Sony>>>>>>>Microsoft>Nintendo

My thoughts on Nintendo's event: It started off exceptionally well, and was a good way to follow up last years opening. I really enjoyed the whole puppet segment before the move into Star Fox. Speaking of which, it looked okay, though at the moment, it's looking a bit scruffy round the edges. I'm not going to complain about it, I mean Nintendo have made improvements to games a lot over time, so hopefully it turns out decent by the time it reaches its final development stages. The lack of online multiplayer is of course disappointing and hopefully it will have a decent soundtrack, would be great if it's orchestrated. Also worth mentioning, Star Fox definitely looked better in action on the Treehouse segment. Just worry about the controls and the way the game plays.

After Star Fox it shifted tone and turned into a mediocre run of games and had nothing that really capture my attention. There were names thrown around, but they don't excite much when it's just a Metroid spin-off or a Zelda spin-off. Not to say they will be bad, but yeah, just nothing really stand out as such. They had a couple of other games they showed and then moved onto Wolly World for a bit and then Mario Maker. They spent too long on Woolly World, they already did an in depth look at it last year. Seeing Mario Maker was cool though.

Anyway, it was all kind of meh to me. Apart from Mario Maker, because it's awesome.

For me Nintendo was extremely boring Starfox looks okay but still not amazing and metroid looks fun but damn that's a way to fob something off if I've ever seen one. They also failed to show a whole host of games including Fatal frame, which got an e3 trailer and a release window and a website.

Sony announced some really cool stuff like Horizon which looks awesome as well as benefitting from being allowed to reveal ffvii remake.

Microsoft actually did pretty well and I might actually consider an Xbox one.

Bethesda also was amazing with Fallout 4 and Doom. I already stuck a preorder in for Fallout, which will be cancelled the second the reveal something I don't like for the game.

Ubisoft was pretty cool I can't wait for Rainbow 6 seige! Disappointed at the lack of a rayman announcement.

Square was also good I can't wait for kingdom hearts!

p.s. EA had a better show than Ninty in many ways.

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

My stance is pretty much the same as SirLink's. Nothing too big this year that I'm really hyped for, other than Star Fox and perhaps Mario Maker. I'm sure Fallout 4 will be great and the new Gears game looks as if it's coming along nicely!

I also want more information about Recore, I loved the video they showed. Shame it lacked any gameplay though. Horizon also looks pretty good.

As for Nintendo, it wasn't as bad as people are making out. The presentation was near-perfect, but the choice of games was... interesting. From what they announced on 3DS, Metroid, Zelda and the Mario RPG game all look solid. Yes, I know it's not a traditional Metroid we're getting, but more co-op games are always a good thing for me.

From that point on, it went a bit southward, Woolly World shouldn't have gotten that much screen time and showing off two AC spin-offs? What the hell were they thinking?

It was an okay-to-good showing for me. Started out fantastic, with a bunch of character, but fell flat soon after. I also think Federation Force is a filler game of sorts, as we haven't seen what Retro's project is yet. I'm 75% sure it's a fully fledged Metroid.

Overall, Nintendo's E3 was good, but didn't have the same element of surprise as last year's one. However, with the return of NWC being a success, Mother getting an official English translation on the Wii U VC and also the Smash content at the start of the week, there's no way in hell that was the worst E3 ever, as some are calling it.

( Edited 17.06.2015 07:52 by Mush )

Most excited for Super Mario Maker (the NWC and Treehouse demos exponentially increased my excitement) and for Metroid Prime Federation Force (looks cool - both the missions and BlastBall, the Treehouse demo was great, and I like how it is co-op based and explores more of the wider Metroid universe).

The new 3DS Zelda looks cool and I look forward to playing that cooperatively with friends.

Biggest disappointment has been the behavior of many people today. If you're disappointed, that's fine. If you don't like a game, then don't buy it. But many people have reacted in ways that are absurd and should be an embarrassment to gamers everywhere.

Sonic_13 said:
Biggest disappointment has been the behavior of many people today. If you're disappointed, that's fine. If you don't like a game, then don't buy it. But many people have reacted in ways that are absurd and should be an embarrassment to gamers everywhere.

Have to agree with this. We've all expressed our disappointment or lack of hype in one way or another but the amount of anger and venom directed at Federation Force above all else is really sad to see. I feel bad for Next Level Games because the game really does look like good co-op fun. Nintendo should have known that a spin-off wouldn't go over well when a main entry hasn't been announced yet but that doesn't excuse the disgusting behaviour from a lot of Metroid fans.

After getting over the initial feelings of disappointment I have to say that Nintendo's E3 was still pretty rubbish but I am actually looking forward to some of the game they showed. Metroid and Zelda look like they'll be fun if you can grab some friends to play with. Starfox looks fun if a little under whelming and the rest is unoffensive but not really my kind of thing.

I think the only problem with the Metroid game was that they stuck "Metroid Prime" on the title. This was obviously done to help it sell better, but now it's seen as a crap Metroid game. Either way, I don't think it would have been a big seller, no matter what they did with the name. The game looks like a pretty generic space shooter, but it at least looks pretty fun and I personally would probably enjoy it quite a lot more than standard Prime stuff, since I liked the Hunters multiplayer.

So yeah, rename it to "Federation Force", maybe. Not sure if it can be fixed now though after all the backlash about it.

The Zelda game could be pretty fun, too. I hate 2D Zelda's, but because it has online, that makes me instantly more interested in getting it. It's pretty much Four (Three, har har) Swords online. Again, not stand-out, but it'll probably be a good game for 2D Zelda fans and may even get me into it, if I have people that want to play with me! Plus the costume idea is awesome, that's my favourite part about it other than the online play.

They really should have shown Fatal Frame, as well. I have no idea why they didn't but spent so long on Woolly World, a game we saw a lot of last year.

I don't think Nintendo care about E3 as much as we do. We get obsessed with one show over the year and I love it but Nintendo like to spread the love. I still have faith that they have more to announce in July/August direct. 

The Mario & Luigi / Paper Mario cross over could be fun for sure! 

Smash Bros DLC content looks fun but surprised that Mario Kart 8 DLC hasn't been announced.

I think that the 3DS had a better showing, perhaps Nintendo could be killing off the Wii U sooner than we all think. 

However if I had a PS4 there would be a lot to be excited about! They literally stole the show! Kudos to them!

I don't think it's that Nintendo doesn't care about E3, it's that they don't care about Wii U. They've come to terms with its demise, and this E3 made that clear. All production has clearly switched to NX.

And that's fine - it's the right decision honestly. Just disappointing for people who own a Wii U and want things to play on it.

=13.3333330154419pxBiggest disappointment has been the behavior of many people today. If you're disappointed, that's fine. If you don't like a game, then don't buy it. But many people have reacted in ways that are absurd and should be an embarrassment to gamers everywhere.

This happens every year. The only new wrinkle is the petition to cancel Federation Force, which I just think is hilarious more than anything. Has anyone ever really done a petition to cancel a game before? People are treating this like it's a Uwe Boll movie, and I can't stop laughing.

Yeah, my view is that the 3DS showing was actually pretty decent but the Wii U really needed something more. Even a bit more on the new Zelda or Pokken Tournament would have helped.

Apparently there is still one announcement coming today! Smilie

Also check out the Nintendo treehouse footage of federation force it looks pretty good actually, and there is now English gameplay of project zero!

Our member of the week

Sandy Wilson said:
Apparently there is still one announcement coming today! Smilie

Where was that announced? that there would be another announcement? (Announcing an announcement Smilie ? lol)

I'm not sure when it was mentioned but quite a few people have said something about it. Probably going to announce mother 3 for VC or something. Smilie (if they announce anything that is)

Nah, E3 is over.

For me it's been a good E3 in general. When I look back over it, there was plenty of amazing games on show. Shenmue 3 will always hold that spot in my heart though and nothing will top that moment for very long time or even forever.

Games that interest me the most or was hyped for:

Shenmue 3 (of course, lol)
Unravel
FAST Neo Racing
Typoman
Uncharted 4
Super Mario Maker
Fatal Frame
Rare Replay Collection
Horizon: Zero Dawn
No Man's Sky
Beyond Eyes
The Last Guardian
Cuphead
Dreams
ReCore

There's some Nintendo titles I might be interested in getting, but not hyped for or anything, like the new Zelda and the Metorid game. I'd be buying those pretty much for the online co-op though. My opinion on Star Fox might change later on in development, we'll see how that goes.

Just want to give Typoman a special mention though. This was shown on the Treehouse last night and I was blown away by it. It's definitely one of the most creative games I saw during E3 this year.

It's one of the games you can try through the Nindie scheme currently up till the 22nd. If you download it, you'll get a 15% discount when the finished game is released. It will be exclusive to the Wii U, too, so definitely worth doing, if you like the look of the game!

( Edited 19.06.2015 13:06 by Marzy )

Our member of the week

I must say, Typoman does grab my interest as well, I am very interested in trying out the full thing when it does come out. What I saw of it was enough to make me want to play it more so than most of the stuff shown during the digital event Smilie. I mean more so than, say, that Wii U AC party game for example. Good thing Nintendo still has the indies. I had not seen Fast Racing Neo yet, until 5 minutes ago, and though we didn't see much, having now seen the 60FPS trailer, the game looks great. I did enjoy the original a little bit, I just hope that it's easier to approach than the original which was devilishly difficult for me to play.

Also check out the Nintendo treehouse footage of federation force it looks pretty good actually, and there is now English gameplay of project zero!

I just watched some of that, and it looked surprisingly fun! Even with the cringeworthy players yelling stupid stuff. I really liked how cooperation looked pretty integral.

That said, I'm concerned by the option to send little text messages. It makes me think they're won't be voice chat (again). Communication in any kind of cooperative setting is kind of important.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.