Headset recommendations?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I'm in the market for a new headset for PS4/PC. I like my current Turtle Beach Z11, but it's dying. Looking for deals atm, but hard to know what to go for.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
I like my current Turtle Beach Z11, but it's dying.

What's wrong with yours? Mine is still alive and well, and been using it consistently since I bought around the same time you did.

( Edited 03.06.2015 09:15 by RudyC3 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Headsets are one of the most awkward products to buy. I needed a new one myself and have still yet to find the perfect one. When I do find one that looks okay, I then watch a review on youtube and it turns out being poop.

It's really difficult for me, because I need a lightweight one (because my back/neck problems), but there seems to be no decent lightweight ones. All the good quality ones are big and chunky and weigh too much. I need something 200grams or under:/

I bought a Turtle Beach PX22 a while ago because the mic cable on my Turtle Beach P11 got cut from the wires twirling every time you don't look at them. Fairly comfy, has a removable in-line amp with bass/treble settings and you can also adjust/turn off the feature that most Turtle Beach headsets have where you hear yourself when you speak.  I'd recommend it, but I think that one may be out of your price range. I also don't know if (all of) its features work on the PS4 since I only use it on my PC.

Seriously though, all these things aside, it's totally worth buying just because it's got the MLG logo on it. Smilie

( Edited 03.06.2015 11:44 by SirLink )

RudyC3 said:

Azuardo said:
I like my current Turtle Beach Z11, but it's dying.

What's wrong with yours? Mine is still alive and well, and been using it consistently since I bought around the same time you did.

Not sure why it's started to mess up, but audio stops in one ear unless I fiddle with the cable coming out of the left side. Now it doesn't always sort it, and audio sometimes stops in both. Messing with the audio jack sometimes helps, but it's just inconsistent. I took it apart but I couldn't see any loose wires. Could be in the cable itself. Just gonna have to get a new one I think.

I like the sound of yours, SirLink. It is pricey, but I'm tempted to splash out a little bit. I can't understand why so many go for well over £100 or £200. I wonder if a Dolby 7.1 headset is worth looking into. The PX22 doesn't have it, but I don't really know what I'm missing since I've never used 7.1 before. I don't even know if many games support 7.1.

My TBZ12s are messed up, too, that whistling sound you guys heard last time is still there - so end up recording... on my phone lol

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer
Our member of the week

I must have been very lucky with mine then, or perhaps I simply take better care of my stuff Smilie. Though you may have sometimes heard a buzzing sound coming from my end, that's not coming from my headset but from the cable splitter that came with my Z11, when it's plugged onto my PC for mic and audio out, that one is fiddly sometimes, but that's only once in months. Mine might just as well die soon too though, you never know.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.