Amiibo Training

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I've never messed with my Amiibo before, but I got bored a little while ago, and...

Watching my Mario Amiibo leap off the stage and spike the ever loving crap out of Donkey Kong, and then taunt... almost brought tears to my eyes. Well done, Nintendo. Truly an innovative feature, and much more than the physical manifestations of DLC I once accused them of being.

Now I've gotta buy a Zelda Amiibo...

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

amiibo become insanely difficult, and feel so much more "human" like than the regular CPU that's for sure. Scary. Truly, truly scary. Little fuckers. 

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

It is really awesome, but... I'm not sure something hasn't glitched. I got Zelda today and I started training her. But she's in love with USmash, and I'm pretty sure I haven't even done that during this training. I've been focusing mostly on edge control, but instead she just grabs, throws, and then Usmashes forever. I don't know what I did, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to reset her. From what I've read on reddit, it's actually not uncommon for Amiibos to do that, but she doesn't use Farore's Wind nearly as much as I do, either.

I don't think I've seen her use FW at all, actually, and she's level 31 now... Seems like she should be mirroring me more closely by this point. Any suggestions?

Edit: She's level 50 now, and she only barely beats level 9 CPU in 1v1. She also doesn't play even slightly like I do. Constantly up smashing (I never do that... Almost never), readying a forward smash to hit them while they're recovering (instead of Lightning Kicking and spiking like I taught her), never FWs as an attack, much less as anything but a recovery. Never uses phantom while falling... In fact, from what I can see, the only thing she's jabbed is to grab (one of her lowest lag attacks) and use Din's Fire to force an approach.

I'm watching her lose to a default level 9 non-Amiibo Zelda right now.I think I must be missing something, because I haven't lost 1v1 to the AI in a really, really long time. It's almost like she's got some default behavior that simply can't be overwritten, and that trying to yields disaster.

She does give me a hard time, but I do win, though often in sudden death. I'm going to feed her some equipment, but it doesn't seem like that should be necessary since default CPU Zelda wins.

Disregard all that. She just needed some 1v1 with me. Holy shit. It's almost exactly a mirror match, but her reflexes are faster and she's got inherent Amiibo bonuses. She's beating the shit out of me.

( Edited 16.08.2015 03:29 by Anema86 )

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Trust me, it gets overwritten with time. But it might take a while and while it does sort of mimic your playstyle it does not only get affected by that. It also gets affected by what punishes it and what does not punish it.

The difference between illusion and reality is vague to the one who suffers from the former and questionable for the one suffering form the later.

For sure. It's much better than I am now. I think I'm actually scared of my Amiibo Zelda... Lol. Unless it's a 1v1 match, I tend to gravitate toward whatever part of the stage she's NOT at.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz

There are 1 members online at the moment.