Critical Hit | Telltale Signs of a Bad Game

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Brilliant article! Love it, I think retro gamers will appreciate the history of this. When the internet was either non existent or in it's infancy the only source I had for reviews were gaming mags. Looking through Gamesmaster, NoM  and N64 magazine were part of my weekend ritual.  I still picked up some stinkers along the way, and some times I just outright ignored reviews and picked games up on the whim due to a low price or flashy box art. However, in 2015, with so many sources to discover games and how they play there literally is no excuse for people to buy bad games.

Yet it still happens...unfortunately I think the rise of mobile gaming and EA are the worst offenders for this. I think DLC and microtransactions are devil in disguise! I hate that the industry is taking this direction but I can still clamour on to my non internet connected consoles and always remember the day that gaming was at it's best.

right, now off to play Superman 64!

I've ended up buying a few stinkers on Steam, because of sales usually.

One that comes to mind was Double Dragon Neon. I love games like this usually (Streets of Rage 2 being my favourite) but this was not fun at all and felt clunky to play. I'll never play it again.

Marzy said:
I've ended up buying a few stinkers on Steam, because of sales usually.

One that comes to mind was Double Dragon Neon. I love games like this usually (Streets of Rage 2 being my favourite) but this was not fun at all and felt clunky to play. I'll never play it again.

Interesting. I played co-op with my bro, and really enjoyed it. Couldn't quite finish the final bit tho : (

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.