E3 2016 - Zelda All Day, Every Day

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Image for

There's just under one month till E3 2016! In fact, this time next month the show doors will be closing! While it arguably hasn't been as relevant in more recent years due to more personal events like Nintendo's Direct updates and Sony's own live events, it's still a major gaming event that many people still look forward too! So this place can be for discussing the biggest gaming event of the year and what we hope to see, maybe make some predictions, chat about the games shown at the show, the press conferences and anything else in between!

Here's a schedule of what's at the show this year (thanks to Dinjooh, from NeoGaf).

Image for

Of course, we can't forget that all-important IRC channel! Which you can find below!

C3 at E3 IRC Channel

( Edited 16.05.2016 21:40 by Marzy )

I don't think anything will ever top last year's Sony event...ever. But I am very excited to hopefully see some Mass Effect gameplay, if possible. Would love something on FF7, but with FF15 due this year, I'm not so sure they want to overshadow its imminent release with it.

I'm not really sure there's anything up and coming that I really want to see. I'll just watch a trailer for Zelda. Shenmue 3 unlikely to have anything. Maybe a surprise Last of Us 2 announcement, Resi 7, Yakuza 6 for the West, FF12 HD -- any of these would be good.

Not feeling that much hype this year, but I didn't last year either and Sony managed to blow me away with their press conference. So I'm not really sure what to expect, but hopefully some surprises again! Even if it's just one. I was kind of hoping we'd see a little bit of Shenmue 3, but I guess it's not far enough in development yet.

Also hoping to see Yooka Laylee! It's been a while since we last saw anything new about it and it's meant to be releasing in October?

I don't want to see too much of Zelda, so I'll probably watch a new trailer and maybe like 5 or 10 minutes of the live stream. Though it's going to be hard to avoid info on it. Hopefully they don't spoil too much about it and just show some small portions of the open world. Other than that, it's hard to get that much excitement over Nintendo at E3 this year.

Microsoft is Microsoft, I don't really have much interest usually. They tend to have an okay show each year, apart from that bad one where they screwed up with Xbox One. I will watch it and see what they got planned.

Anyone planning on watching  EA on Sunday night? I definitely won't be staying up for Bethesda, it's way too late and usually their games don't appeal to me.

Huber and Bosman never fail to get me excited for E3. x)

( Edited 10.06.2016 09:23 by Marzy )

I might put it on because I'm hoping for Mass Effect stuff. I know there will at least be some news about it, and some gameplay was leaked a couple of months back, so expecting proper footage at EA's conf.

Anyway, tick FF12 HD off my list. Revealed before E3's even started, so that's great news. Let's see what else I can scratch off next week. Resi 7 perhaps, and I almost feel like Last of Us 2 is very possible. Less so for Yakuza 6 because Zero is coming next year first of all, but confirmation would be nice.

Our member of the week

I predict Nintendo will announce Mother 3 for VC in English. I don't know why but I feel that this is coming anyway, and that E3 will be the place it gets announced.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I think I'll watch EA this year (I don't usually). I probably won't have anything better to do anyway, so may as well. They might have the odd game I'm interested, like Unravel last year.

Reggie will come on the Treehouse Live and be like "You've all been bugging me about it for years, but now I'm happy to announce, we made it happen. Mother 3, baby!" and then a trailer for it rolls.

( Edited 11.06.2016 09:57 by Marzy )

FF12 HD - Yes, before E3
Resi 7 - Yes
Last of Us 2 - No, but Days Gone looked almost like a sequel
Yakuza 6 - No, but Yakuza 0 was shown

So not a bad E3 at all for my wants and predictions. Good to see a focus on games again, although wished for more of Mass Effect. Still plenty of time for them to go all out with it later this year, but would have liked some more info and look at gameplay. Liking what I see tho.

Yesh. Needs to finish Y5 and run through 1 and 2 soon.

Gravity Rush 2 also looks very nice.

Heard good things about Gravity Rush 2, like improvements to the combat and movement in general. Apparently feels really polished and nice to control.

There was some really good new game announcements this year, games like Steep, which looked really cool! Also the new God of War has me really interested, which was a first for me. I never really liked the look of the previous God of War games, but this one had me invested in the characters just from the gameplay they showed. Seemed like a more story driven experience with human-like emotion. Really liked what I saw.

Sea of Thieves looked super fun, would love that game if I had an Xbox One. There was independent games, like ABZU which looks lovely.

It's hard to remember everything, but yeah, the standout moments were Sony's press conference and Zelda being shown on Tuesday.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.