Do You Think Nintendo Should Keep The NX Name?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 25.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

So, after watching the trailer for the new Sonic the Hedgehog game, I saw it had a NX logo at the end. This is obviously just a placement till the real name is revealed. It got me thinking though. The console has been hyped up with that name. Everybody knows Nintendo's next system as "NX". I think it sounds simple and pretty cool, too. I guess it's a Revolution type situation again, though.

I did think Revolution was better at the time, but Wii was better in the end. So, it's hard to say till we hear the new name. My guess, they'll go for something really unique again, to turn heads. I didn't think Wii was amazing name, but it caught so much attention because of it's uniqueness. Oh... and lots of urine jokes.

Keep it.

It would have to be something really genius to be worth changing. For me, most of the Nintendo code names were much better than the final name! 

Edit: Also, after the Wii, I think the worst thing they could do is undermine the seriousness of this project by calling it something funny and/or weird. I can understand the Wii because of who they wanted to grab, but there's really no magic term which will boost the popularity here.. I would imagine.

( Edited 24.07.2016 13:02 by The Strat Man )

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Nintendo Vii

(ie, Nintendo 7.
Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii, WiiU.....)

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

Darkflame said:
Nintendo Vii

(ie, Nintendo 7.
Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii, WiiU.....)

I like the idea, but I can't help but think "Vii" is too similar to the dead Wii name.

N7 sounds pretty cool to me (although I'm too used to that being the highest rank of the Alliance in Mass Effect lol). I would settle for N7, but prefer NX.

Vii doesn't sound good to me, just reminds me of those Chinese Wii knock-offs, where one was actually called the "Vii". Plus, like Az said, it sounds too similar to the two previous consoles. They seriously need to ditch that name now.

The Vii

New words on the net say it's called Nintendo FleX, with good reason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LqhVowpqMI

So now that we know the name, how does everyone feel about it?

I like it! It's short, snappy and tells you what the system is about. I've already found it easy adapt to saying over the NX. I'm just happy they've moved away from the Wii branding, most of all.

I've seen some people call it the "NS" for short. Which works well.

( Edited 26.10.2016 13:54 by Marzy )

Nazira said:
New words on the net say it's called Nintendo FleX, with good reason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LqhVowpqMI

This kinda thing is proof why it's stupid to just believe any random shit, and pointless posting rumours in general from anonymous "sources".

Marzy said:
So now that we know the name, how does everyone feel about it?

I like it! It's short, snappy and tells you what the system is about. I've already found it easy adapt to saying over the NX. I'm just happy they've moved away from the Wii branding, most of all.

I've seen some people call it the "NS" for short. Which works well.

I think it's alright. I've seen "Shift" dotted around as an alternative, and think that's a good one, but I can deal with Switch. You can't get any worse than "Wii U" so it would have taken some doing to fuck the name up. But it's a good enough name that does the job.

Weirdly enough, I've actually found myself accidently saying "Swish" sometimes, instead of "Switch". Really strange. xD

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.