Cubed3 Headphones Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Hey guys, I've approached the end of my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones life cycle, and in the interim I am using a low-budget Bauhn headphone that is doing the job well enough.

However, I am looking to buy my next audio device this Christmas. So my question is, what headphones are you guys using and what are your recommendations?

I'm looking for headphones that are compatible with all consoles (Switch too) and I have a 3.5mm adapter already so I'm cool with wired as well as wireless devices.

Post your current gaming headphones here!

Our member of the week

I've been using the Turtlebeach Recon 50X for the past... 2 1/2 ~ 3 years I think? It's not a high-end model, but it's done the job fantastically for me all this time. Good volume, and good sound quality for my ears. I like that I can dismount the mic to use is like a regular pair of headphones too.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recon-50x-headset

Dunno if you're looking to break the bank for the best model out there but I'd say, I feel like my own model offered me all the quality I could hope for my money. If I had one complaint, I'd say the almost totally absent cushioning on the top of your head can make it less comfortable if like me you're going a bit bald on that spot Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Nice! I've been looking at Turtlebeach headphones but local reviews on some of the Australian review sites keep scaring me away from them. I found the 70X for $49 and the 200X for $59, so they're definitely a lot cheaper than the Sony pair I had (which was over $450 from memory).

I have a flexible budget so happy to spend as much as needed to get a good pair of headphones, preferably ones that are durable on the 'headband' part - the Sony was flimsy plastic that broke apart despite how good the quality of the speakers were. Staying away from them because of that.

Just wondering what headphones did you go for in the end?

I've been working on a review of Logitech G Pro X for a couple of months and they are pretty boss. Despite being a headset they're pretty sleek and can be worn without a mic Smilie

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

I ended up going with the Turtlebeach 70X - they are comfy to wear for long gaming sessions (10+ hours), sound/music sounds crisp and clear. Plus, it does a great job of cancelling out sound (need to take headphones off to talk to my wife, even without any sound coming through .... or maybe I'm going deaf?!)

I'm hoping it passes the durability test now - my Sony headphones began to break down after 6 months, though they were 9x the price I paid for the Turtlebeach, so if these headphones break down after that point, at least I didn't pay as much originally haha. 

The only catch is the mic can't be removed, but you can easily pull it up so you barely notice it and don't have to have it in front of your face when you're not using it.

Ah ace, they look pretty comfortable!

Yeah I feel like headphones never last as long as we'd like!

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

I know - it always seems to be that the first device sets the standard and subsequent versions can never match it. For example, my first set of headphones I ever bought for gaming when I first started University ended up lasting me 4 years (my entire Bachelor) . 

Now I'm lucky to have a set that gets me beyond a year haha. To be fair, my biggest issue has been structural breaks - the headphones themselves still work, but the plastic seems to break quickly. 

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.