Review: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.03.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

A 10! I haven't played anything other than 1 and X. With X being like a 3 on story and setting but a 7 on gameplay, it kind of put me off the idea of playing more. Sounds like I should jump back in now!

I own all the consoles, ask me anything

Sandy Wilson said:
A 10! I haven't played anything other than 1 and X. With X being like a 3 on story and setting but a 7 on gameplay, it kind of put me off the idea of playing more. Sounds like I should jump back in now!

you absolutely should, it's right up your alley! Devs clearly took feedback onboard to combine all the best parts of every other series entry. Really fantastic experience

Really hated 2...
I guess I'm just not made for this series - or is it vastly different?

Can't a fella drink in peace?
                                -Farnham

Ofisil said:
Really hated 2...
I guess I'm just not made for this series - or is it vastly different?

Stylistically and tonally very different. There's also not as much an emphasis on grinding levels as there was in 2 - everything feels much more balanced!

Storywise, it's a similar tone to the first game, but I'd say a bit better than that even. The story and characters are fantastic. That said, if you didn't enjoy the combat in 2 then this probably won't win you over but it's a much better polished and better told story - so worth checking out if you even remotely enjoyed the first one or the core gameplay of the series

I absolutely loved XC, moderately enjoyed XCX, couldn't quite get into XC2 (poss because I was too busy to give it the proper time), but am now very excited about XC3. I've gone back to XCDE on Switch in the hope of getting back into the mood to tackle XC2 after, then finally get into this delight!

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses

jesusraz said:
I absolutely loved XC, moderately enjoyed XCX, couldn't quite get into XC2 (poss because I was too busy to give it the proper time), but am now very excited about XC3. I've gone back to XCDE on Switch in the hope of getting back into the mood to tackle XC2 after, then finally get into this delight!

That's a marathon and a half! No doubt then that you're gonna love 3 when you get to it!

So I have never played this but have them from a sale, should I start with 1 and where does golden country fit into this?

Dragon0085 said:
So I have never played this but have them from a sale, should I start with 1 and where does golden country fit into this?

Yes, defo start with 1 - it's widely considered the best in the series apart from 3 and the Definitive Edition is an excellent upgrade if that's the one you have. Golden Country is DLC for the 2nd game  and is a prequel to it but I'd play it after the 2nd anyway if you're looking to play them all in order of release

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Insanoflex

There are 1 members online at the moment.