April Music Recommendations thread (also discuss what youve been listening to)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 16.06.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

The new Daft Punk album is excellent. Robot Rock is obviously the track everyone knows, but the new album has some excellent variety and is really quite interesting. Sure it isn't a patch on their old stuff, but well worth getting IMO.

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Ok, I downloaded Discovery and the new one.

Discovery is far, far better, but I still don't like it that much.. the new one is pretty dire. That robot rock actually annoys me more on second hearing..

I really detest the new Daft Punk for the most part. I don't think the new one has much variety at all, it's all repetitive techno loops. There are a few decent tracks - Robot Rock, Prime Time Of Your Life, Technologic - but overall it could have been so much better. It's a shame, because I really, really like Discovery.

msenyszak wrote:
Heh. Its funny though- I see all of those I just listed as being fairly mainstream. I have far weirder stuff in my collection I've never aired on C3.

Get that clapton album. Looks like this:

Image for

Hey! You finally posted up a recomendation for something I own. Go clapton! Smilie

Blizz, you own that?

High Fucking Five!

o/\o

msenyszak wrote:
I don't get the Kaiser Chiefs at all... sigh.

Some random drunk was telling me that they were his favourite band yesterday though...

Me? Smilie Smilie

Anyway, I've been listening to Kasabian - blah, blah, whatever about the fecking 'fashion' - they just have quite good songs on them album. Lyrics aren't all that, but the music is lifting and not repetitive. Cutt Off (John was a scientist Smilie) stands out for me. Worth a look.

Kasier Cheifs, I've listened to them for a bit now, and they're alright. Not great, but OK.

I'm with Tempo on Stereophonics; a nice varied album.

I was going to buy Daft Punk, but now there's Garbage and Gorillaz! Wa-chow!

I think Garbage is alright, as long as it has songs as good as Paranoia.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

I actually prefer the Kaiser Cheifs to Kasabian. All Kaiser Cheif songs I've heard (Oh My God, I Predict a Riot and Everyday i love you less and less) I really like, wheras out of the three Kasabian songs I have (Club Foot, Processed Beats and L.S.F (Lost Souls Forever) I only like Club Foot and L.S.F. Processed beats just isn't for me.

So KC are just in the lead!

Bought the Stereophonics album a couple o' weeks ago. That's the best thing I've listened to in a damn long time. I'm getting into older stuff too (What?! This isn't Freddie!) - Marillion, Genesis, (and a little more recent) G'n'R. Song of the month for me though, has to be My Chemical Romance - Helena. I'm addicted to it.

I heard more of the Stereophonics album recently.. I still don't like it. Boring rock, same as oasis..

I've been listening to The Arcade Fire and Air a bit more recently.. loving Funeral and Moon Safari, respectively..

No, Oasis are shit. Stereophonics are lyrically interesting and at least a little bit clever. At least listening to them doesn't make me want to punch anything I see hard and fast. Oasis are flat, monotomous twats, simple as.

Mr. Temperton wrote:
No, Oasis are shit. Stereophonics are lyrically interesting and at least a little bit clever. At least listening to them doesn't make me want to punch anything I see hard and fast. Oasis are flat, monotomous twats, simple as.

Ha! Someone agrees! Bravo Mr Temperton!

... Mr Temperton? What the feck?

Anyways, I recommend-

The Dandy Warhols- We Used To Be Friends

Patrick Park- Something Pretty

Smilie

msenyszak wrote:
Blizz, you own that?

High Fucking Five!

o/\o

Damn right! Clapton is da king! Smilie

As good as the album is nothing tops Layla. That is one mighty fine song.

It most certainly is. Never been a Dandy Warhols fan, I think one of their songs got into an EA game the other year...

Oh, and Mr. Temperton because I bore of being 'tempo' (I hate the name, so I'm trying to erase it from my life).

Mr. Temperton wrote:
It most certainly is. Never been a Dandy Warhols fan, I think one of their songs got into an EA game the other year...

Oh, and Mr. Temperton because I bore of being 'tempo' (I hate the name, so I'm trying to erase it from my life).

Smilie It comes up Mr. Temper on the nav bar thingy. Thats why I changed mine too, plus it means egg in Finland Smilie

I've been listening to Deadwing, its amazing, it contains a few quite long ones. My favourite is either Deadwing or Glass Arm Shattering. I've also been trying to listen to Flaming Lips- Zaireeka.

Hello!

K i n wrote:
I've also been trying to listen to Flaming Lips- Zaireeka.

Having much luck?

Nop, I need 4 CD players Smilie

Hello!

Yeh. I take it you downloaded it not bought it, right?

No, I got given it

Hello!

Well I know I have 4 CD players in my house but only 2 are systems with speakers. Other 2 are walkmans.

Maybe we could try sometime

[ Edited by stucorbs on 2005/4/5 11:52 ]

I just gave Deadwing a listen. Love it, I like how they go from heavy to gentle. Favourite tracks are Shallow and Lazarus.

My recommendations and fave bands atm (I have 4471 songs):

Weezer, The Vines, The Killers, The Hives, Muse, Feeder, OCEANSIZE, Link 80, Aquabats, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, R.E.M, Coldplay, Keane, Radiohead, Steriophonics, Rage against the Machine, Dragonforce, The Rapture, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Placebo,
Travis, Turin Brakes, The Used, The Verve, The White Stripes, Yeah yeah yeahs, A Silver Mt. Zion, Adequate Seven, Ash, Doves, Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters...

phew... a long list...

50 Cent- The Massacre, nice little album, I still recommend it...haven't seen anything else yet, and I am a cheap bastard.

Mazza558 wrote:
My recommendations and fave bands atm (I have 4471 songs):

Weezer, The Vines, The Killers, The Hives, Muse, Feeder, OCEANSIZE, Link 80, Aquabats, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, R.E.M, Coldplay, Keane, Radiohead, Steriophonics, Rage against the Machine, Dragonforce, The Rapture, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Placebo,
Travis, Turin Brakes, The Used, The Verve, The White Stripes, Yeah yeah yeahs, A Silver Mt. Zion, Adequate Seven, Ash, Doves, Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters...

phew... a long list...

Certainly an interesting variety there. But what the f*ck is Dragonforce? (pardon my ignorance).

Dragonforce are kind of heavy rock, but very fast.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
jesusraz, Ofisil

There are 2 members online at the moment.