April Music Recommendations thread (also discuss what youve been listening to)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 21.06.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Killers, Placebo, The Used, The Verve and the Chili Peppers? Finally, someone who likes the same music as me!

heh. I lke quite alot.

And I HIGHLY recommend "Hysteria" by Muse. It's brilliant.

^^ I notice quite a few in there I like the sound of.

Woop, Dragonforce is next after Daft Punk...if only because of the name Smilie

Dragonforce

ha-HAH!

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

Lol they're in a random order, not ranked in any way.

And I HIGHLY recommend "Hysteria" by Muse. It's brilliant.

Dam right!

I can play the bassline too. Smilie

Very nice choice of artists in that list of yours, I like every band I recognise; which is most of them.

I still reccommend Viva Voce for anyone that hasn't heard them, (Msen actually thought they were alright, so its not just one of those 'Karn' bands Smilie )

Cubed3 Staff [ Retro Editor :: Previews Editor ]

If they sound like The Killers, yes, if they don't, no Smilie

Another reccommendation, The Specials!

Been listening to loads more from them recently, you just have to love 'em. Smilie

It's been another month of old albums for me again, Ian Brown's been high on the playlist, fucking awesome artist not that many people here would have heard of him Smilie

I suggest Ian Brown's Golden Greats, a damn good album if ever I've heard one - the recent sun inspired the rebirth of it being one of my favourite albums. His latest album, Solarized, is also pretty damn good (several awesome tracks) as is the first album 'Monkey Business' and 'Planets of the Spheres' - and the 'Remixes of the Spheres' is the best remix album you can buy!

He's even started singing the old Roses tracks recently, christ how I'd love to hear the man sing 'I wanna be Adored', 'Fools Gold', 'She Bangs the Drums', 'Made of Stone' or 'This is the One' - why the fuck did T in the Park tickets sell faster than cold Stella at an AA meeting Smilie

Anyway Ian Brown's my flavour of the month, and stop the Embrace bashing the old Drawn from Memory album is not too bad - though maybe it's just cause it helped me through a hard time.

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

50 Cent, yeah! Woo! God damn it, would one of you just try and go a bit hip hop! Would make me so happy! Smilie

I'll do it tomorrow, no really I will... if you remind me. Smilie

Deadwing destorys everything.. its fucking excellent.

I'm seeing Porcupine Tree live on friday too Smilie

Best track, though: Arriving somewhere but not here. I wish they hadn't put shallow on the disc... some of the B sides are far, far better.

Weezer, The Vines, The Killers, The Hives, Muse, Feeder, OCEANSIZE, Link 80, Aquabats, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, R.E.M, Coldplay, Keane, Radiohead, Steriophonics, Rage against the Machine, Dragonforce, The Rapture, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Placebo,
Travis, Turin Brakes, The Used, The Verve, The White Stripes, Yeah yeah yeahs, A Silver Mt. Zion, Adequate Seven, Ash, Doves, Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters...

If its in bold, I agree.. Smilie
Very diverse tastes..

The Futureheads and The Subways are getting quite a bit of interest at the moment, in all honesty I don't rate either of them, although some of the arrangements in Futureheads songs are to be commended.

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Weezer, The Vines, The Killers, The Hives, Muse, Feeder, OCEANSIZE, Link 80, Aquabats, The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, R.E.M, Coldplay, Keane, Radiohead, Steriophonics, Rage against the Machine, Dragonforce, The Rapture, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Placebo,
Travis, Turin Brakes, The Used, The Verve, The White Stripes, Yeah yeah yeahs, A Silver Mt. Zion, Adequate Seven, Ash, Doves, Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters...

If its in bold I agree Smilie

Plus : Porcupine Tree, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Tom Waits, The Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse.......ah, reccomendations of Martin Smilie

Hello!

Plus : Porcupine Tree, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Tom Waits, The Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse.......ah, reccomendations of Martin

Martin! You recomended him Good Charlotte! Smilie!!!

Cooper Temple Clause....kick...arse

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

Renehan wrote:
Martin! You recomended him Good Charlotte! Smilie!!!
Cooper Temple Clause....kick...arse

No, he recommended me the last couple and Porcupine Tree Smilie

Hello!

New Alec Empire album is pretty good, as is Idlewild.

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

spydarlee wrote:
I'll do it tomorrow, no really I will... if you remind me. Smilie

See, Karn knows how to keep me happy! It ain't that hard!

I love Robot Rock by the way, nice little tune.

Mazza558 wrote:
The Hives, Muse, Placebo, Ash, Franz Ferdinand and Foo Fighters...
Rock on duuuuuude Smilie I'm gonna see the Hives on the 20th at Hammersmith Apollo. And I went to the Placebo gig in November Smilie

Mazza558 wrote:
Dragonforce are kind of heavy rock, but very fast.

Power metal-ly?

I like Stratovarius, while I'm mentioning power metal.

Yeah- love the coopers Rory.. Smilie

Anyway, I'm listening to Wilco- A ghost is born right now- very nice album, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

bright eyes- Digital Ash in a Digital Urn has been getting a fair bit of rotation also.. anyone that likes Jeff Buckley should give it a go.

Here's a sample of "The Start of Something Beautiful" from the new Porcupine Tree album, Deadwing:

http://www.filepub.com/view.php?file=35_1112788230

2 minutes 30 of the song. Smilie

(around 5MB)

For Nintendo fanboys you've got some really bad taste in music.

Try Ja Rule, Akon, J'Lo and Nas - they appear to be the big hitters this month.

I was waiting for 2 hours for a goddamn bus yesterday so I got through a fair few songs.
I listened to the entire Bright Eyes album martin mentioned above, Ian Brown's Golden Greats got a spin, I listened to one Dragonforce song before listening to the better Children of Bonham and finished off the day with a final listening of Gettin' High by Ian Brown.

msenyszak wrote: Here's a sample of 'The Start of Something Beautiful' from the new Porcupine Tree album, Deadwing:
http://www.filepub.com/view.php?file=35_1112788230
2 minutes 30 of the song. Smilie
(around 5MB)

Bare in mind the whole song is 7.40 mins long Smilie

Hello!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.