April Music Recommendations thread (also discuss what youve been listening to)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 19.06.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Uhh, I've been listening to some John Frusciante, Joy Division, some rap... I dunno. Check my Audioscrobbler;

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/lookingood/

I would recommend...

John Frusciante - Curtains
Flaming Lips
Pixies

whatever Smilie

What the hells the matter with you?

50 Cent- The Massacre

That's music

50 Cent- The Massacre

That's music?!?

I would tell you what i've been listening to, but I might as well just post up my audioscrobbler too Smilie

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Vulcan/

Freddie wrote:
And I went to the Placebo gig in November

Damn you to hell! You have no idea how much I want to hear English Summer Rain and Pure Morning live!

By the way, was that the gig where Molko was pissed out of his face and forgot the first two verses to Every You, Every Me?

[ Edited by Rob

lookingood wrote: Uhh, I've been listening to some John Frusciante, Joy Division, some rap... I dunno. Check my Audioscrobbler;
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/lookingood/
I would recommend...
John Frusciante - Curtains
Flaming Lips
Pixies
whatever Smilie

Frusciante, an excellent choice indeed. A suprisingly good voice and excellent experimental music. Not many people know he did solo stuff though, which is dissapointing as it really is excellent.

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

recently ive been listening to
Giardini Di Miri - Punk...Not Diet.
Sackville - the principles of science
and a lot of Live music mainly Hrsta and Hanged Up

and on another note, i cant believe msenyszak that you like digital ash in a digital urn. its the biggest pile of shit ever, both of the two new bright eyes albums are what have now made me lose all interest in them, they sold out.
their best stuff i believe is the every day and every night Ep and Fevers and mirrors.
i cant stress how bad the new albums are there is only one good song between them. you know they 're bad albums when Q and NME like them. Connor should have died of a drugs overdose that would be the only humane and respectable way he could have kept his respectability. would have kept him a legend. but now he's a failure and a sell out, i mean for god sake bright eyes were on the O.C.
i hope after that little rant its cleared up a few things. if you disagree with my opinion, you're wrong, and before you think wait a minute, NO youre wrong.OK.

P.s I Recommend that you all buy Grace Cathedral Park (thats a band not a place) Smilie

[ Edited by mykleenexthecop on 2005/4/8 15:46 ]

U2, Doves, Embrace, Kings of Leon, Futureheads, Killers, The 88, The Clash, Postal Service, Dandy Warhols, Damien Rice, Foo Fighters, Chillis, Interpol, Straylight Run, Jeff Buckley, John Mayer, Muse, Nada Surf, Stereophonics, Razorlight and The Walkmen.

Smilie

yay! muna has good taste Smilie

won't somebody listen to powderfinger???

anyone?............anyone? Smilie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Duffman ~~~~~~~~~
"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

whats powderfinger like?

Powderfinger are just a brilliant plain rock band. They've got quite a few slow ballad type songs and classic faster ones. They've got a fair bit of guitar and just a really natural sound. I don't know what else to say, they're just brilliant. Smilie

"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

theduffman wrote:
yay! muna has good taste Smilie

won't somebody listen to powderfinger???

anyone?............anyone? Smilie

Thanks! Smilie I also fort to mention The Strokes.. ripping good band.

Sorry mate never heard of them. Which of their songs would you recommend?

I can't believe you said U2 Muna, they are the root of all evil.

Oct' 1980 - U2 release Boy-Iran/Iraq War breaks out
Oct' 1981 - U2 release October - Anwar Sadat, president of Egypt is assassinated
March 1983 - U2 release War - Ronald Reegan first proposes the "Star Wars" defence system.
Oct' 1983 - Under a Blood Red Sky - A Shi'ite terroist suicide bomber kill 241 marines in Beirut International Airport
Oct' 1984 - The Unforgettable Fire - Unimaginable famine hits Ethiopia
March 1987 - The Joshua Tree- Famine retruns to ethiopia and there's also a famine in Ukraine
Oct 1988 - Rattle and Hum - Hurricane Joan hits the Caribbean and Central America killing over 200 people.

Nov 1988 - Oct 1991 - Nothing released - General happiness, Berlin wall comes down reuniting West and East Germany

Nov 1991 - Achtung Baby - Magic Johnson announces his positive test for the Aids virus and retires from basketball
July 1993 - Zooropa - An earthquake registering 7.8 hits northern Japan killing 196 people
March 1997 - POP - The bodies of all 39 members of the Heaven's Gate Cult are found in a Santa Fe mansion
Nov 1998 - Best of 1980 - 1990 - Bill Clinton is impeached
Oct 2000 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - Trouble erupts between Israeli's and Palestinians as cease-fire collapses.
Nov 2002 - Best of 1990-2002 - The Prestige oil tanker breaks intwo off the coast of spain and pumps two-million gallons of oil into the sea.
Nov 2004 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - China suffers its worst mining disaster in 4 years killing 166 out of 293 workers.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Smilie Where the hell did you find all that crap

A magazine gave me the idea so I googled the dates. I'm not a big fan of U2, the only song I like is Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

GC2 wrote:
What the hells the matter with you?

50 Cent- The Massacre

That's music

*Hugs GC2*

I'm never letting you go! Smilie

Let me just point out now, The Game's song is pretty hot to, he is just one ugly bastard...

I've been listening to "Ocanic - Remixes/Reinterpretations", an album of Isis tracks altered by guys like Mike Patton and Venetian Snares. Some very, very cool stuff. The Patton track is my favourite so far. Great music to fall asleep to.

I bought the DVDA/Stereo version of Beck's new album, Guaro, yesterday too. Its ace, though I don't like everything on the disc. There are a few rap-type things going on I'm not a fan of.

Finally, I've been listening to a bit of Electronica from the likes of Air and Aphex Twin. I'm downloading some Autechre just now, so could be listening to them soon too..

Well i've just order two Save Ferris CDs for my friends birthday, if they just so happen to wind up on my hard drive slightly afterwards, well.....

Just aquired "Chocolate Wheelchair" by Venetian Snares. Its insanely cool.. beats similar to AFX, and samples including Motley Crue and Coronation Street.. 0_o

Sounds...bizarre...

The new Gorillaz album 'Demon Days' is fantastic, I can't stop listening to it. I'm also pleased with myself because I managed to get one of the rather limited (I think there are 300) Feel Good Inc. 7" picture discs. Into the collectable cupboard it goes...

If you're remotely interested in rap, you should give Common's new album, 'BE' a listen as well. First hip hop CD I've actually liked in ages.

oh, for the third time I've posted this:
awesome powderfinger songs:

their latest album - vulture street:
(baby I've got you) on my mind
love your way
sunsets
stumblin'

other albums:
my happiness
passenger
these days
already gone

and I've also been a bit obsessed with one "jet" song - "move on" Its not sung by the lead singer of the band, but his brother so it sounds a bit different.

I think its because I their concerts and the singer was SO drunk and he was smoking between each line, singing really slurred and swaying and it was really transfixing. Smilie

Hate It Or Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Game and Fifty!!!1 One good damn song

I hate it. Smilie

I'm listening to Bass Communion vs Muslimgauze.. a very bizarre cut up of guitars wailing quietly to themselves (or so it sounds) heavy, mashed up Aphex Twin style percussion and cool, cool sound samples.

Gastrian wrote:
I can't believe you said U2 Muna, they are the root of all evil.

Oct' 1980 - U2 release Boy-Iran/Iraq War breaks out
Oct' 1981 - U2 release October - Anwar Sadat, president of Egypt is assassinated
March 1983 - U2 release War - Ronald Reegan first proposes the "Star Wars" defence system.
Oct' 1983 - Under a Blood Red Sky - A Shi'ite terroist suicide bomber kill 241 marines in Beirut International Airport
Oct' 1984 - The Unforgettable Fire - Unimaginable famine hits Ethiopia
March 1987 - The Joshua Tree- Famine retruns to ethiopia and there's also a famine in Ukraine
Oct 1988 - Rattle and Hum - Hurricane Joan hits the Caribbean and Central America killing over 200 people.

Nov 1988 - Oct 1991 - Nothing released - General happiness, Berlin wall comes down reuniting West and East Germany

Nov 1991 - Achtung Baby - Magic Johnson announces his positive test for the Aids virus and retires from basketball
July 1993 - Zooropa - An earthquake registering 7.8 hits northern Japan killing 196 people
March 1997 - POP - The bodies of all 39 members of the Heaven's Gate Cult are found in a Santa Fe mansion
Nov 1998 - Best of 1980 - 1990 - Bill Clinton is impeached
Oct 2000 - All That You Can't Leave Behind - Trouble erupts between Israeli's and Palestinians as cease-fire collapses.
Nov 2002 - Best of 1990-2002 - The Prestige oil tanker breaks intwo off the coast of spain and pumps two-million gallons of oil into the sea.
Nov 2004 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - China suffers its worst mining disaster in 4 years killing 166 out of 293 workers.

Coincidence Smilie

No, U2 are the devil's minions, How many other bands can you find which have tragedies linked to the month and year of their album releaases?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Insanoflex

There are 2 members online at the moment.