April Music Recommendations thread (also discuss what youve been listening to)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 20.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I don't see how this is nit picking.

Short Riff
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Verse
End

Boring. as. fuck.

Edit- for the record, your argument seems to be the same as saying you would play any game, no matter how shit.

[ Edited by msenyszak on 2005/5/14 22:36 ]

I was in reference to the souless and shit remarks.

Yes it is very formulaic, but it does not lessen its quality. You can break anything down to those levels and make it seem like shit, simply you have to take it as it is and how it sounds.

msenyszak wrote: Edit- for the record, your argument seems to be the same as saying you would play any game, no matter how shit.

And yes my argument is just that, how the hell are you going to know its shit if you don't try it.

And yes my argument is just that, how the hell are you going to know its shit if you don't try it.

..but I have tried it, and thats how I know its shit?

Yes it is very formulaic, but it does not lessen its quality

Yes, it does. "big" record labels time new songs by their charting bands.. singles are scrapped if they don't have a chorus a certain time into the song, bands are not allowed songs longer than 10 minutes to make it into the charts..

[ Edited by msenyszak on 2005/5/14 22:43 ]

Ah, but what have you tried exactly? All recent popular music? All of 50 Cent's songs? The point I'm making is you can't say 99% of it is shit, unless you go out and make it your business to sit down and rate every song. Only then can you stand up and say popular music is all a load of balls.

EDIT: Longer songs and no chorus doesn't exactly make a song better, it could make it worse. Record labels can be accused of foul play, but just because a song comes from a "big" label doesn't mean it will be bad or terrible.

[ Edited by Sharpshot on 2005/5/14 22:49 ]

I'm in a shop for 30-40 hours a week with the radio on all the time. I basically never hear anything I like.

The reason I didn't say 100% was to account for the small chance of a patch of light in the bleakness of popular music.

I've heard most of 50Cent's stuff. Its really shit.

Well I guess we gotta accept contrasting opinions. I enjoy it, and you don't.

Either way, my point still stands, way easier to accept all kinds of music. I walk into HMV and usually there will always be a song on I can enjoy. This doesn't mean I think all music is great, but even songs that are lacking, you can still get some enjoyment from.

Either way, my point still stands, way easier to accept all kinds of music. I walk into HMV and usually there will always be a song on I can enjoy. This doesn't mean I think all music is great, but even songs that are lacking, you can still get some enjoyment from.

That's true.. but its not going to happen.

If record labels were not so scared of moving from repetitive and similar songs, things would be better. Its the obscene limit of 10 minutes on a CD single I object to most. It discriminates against a very large section of the music industry.

I agree with you on the single bit. Luckily due to P2P and illegal downloads I am pretty sure they are going to have to rethink how they sell singles, either by making them cheap as hell or actually putting some decent content on them.

I suppose on the flip side, if groups/artists do well record labels could become more leniant, but some will obviously stick to the formula that works. If they do, they'll probably just get stale and then dissappear till they can bring something relatively new to the table.

If not someone else will fill the void. Hopefully.

, but some will obviously stick to the formula that works. If they do, they'll probably just get stale and then dissappear till they can bring something relatively new to the table.

No, they won't.. because the mass market will buy whatever they are told to buy by the adverts.

If The Killers had come along 5 years ago everyone would have laughed into their Trance Nation 8; now, they are a million selling band. They're repackaging the Eighties, and making (even more) terrible music from it.

Isnt that the point, people just accept shit music; and in the end people think that shit is good.

50 Cent is shit, he says nothing at all. Just bland generic hip hop, rubbish by the standards of anything related to Dre; normally a great producer.

Give me Dizzee Rascal, Dead Prez, DJ Format, Public Enemy or even Eminem over that crap any day.

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

msenyszak wrote:
, but some will obviously stick to the formula that works. If they do, they'll probably just get stale and then dissappear till they can bring something relatively new to the table.

No, they won't.. because the mass market will buy whatever they are told to buy by the adverts.

However the mass market won't accept the same songs forever, the music industry does have to evovle. As for the Killers, the music industry does seem to go through cycles, but if people like the music, then there is no problem.

RobTheBuilder wrote: Isnt that the point, people just accept shit music; and in the end people think that shit is good

I personally don't agree with that, never once have I accepted all music is shit and started to think bad songs are good, all I am saying is you can obtain some enjoyment form songs lacking in quality, which is way easier than just closing all doors to this music.

As for your comments on 50 Cent, woah back up, if we throw generic around then every rapper has something to come up to. Hell Eminem has been sticking to a formula for ages; one rap with a "crazy" video, one serious rap, one rap about his daughter. Doesn't measn its bad, but all I'm saying is you can't single 50 Cent out first. Have to be think in way broader terms.

Hmm... can't say I agree with you Killers comment there mseny, but I agree that 50 Cent is shite. The reason he's popular is because of the teenage girl generation who think he is fit, and buy his albums to make it llok like they like his music as well.

Any Rap, Hip-Hop or R&B music is shite and samey in my opinion.

I bought the REM CD: Around the Sun a little while ago. Its good but not great.

I also listened to the Red Alert 2 soundtrack recently. I got it in a spacial package with the game many many years ago. I listened to it loudly while LANing my brother.

Although Red Alert 2 was one of my favourite all time games, I'd never LANed it or ever listened to the soundtrack on its own. There was IMMENSE nostalgia! I almost cried Smilie

and then there's my possible future purchase list (for each artist I have a coupel of possible albums in mind):
The Whitlams
Offspring
Muse
Rob Thomas -the matchbox 20 guy (something to be)
Nick Cave
Dallas Crane (Dallas Crane)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Duffman ~~~~~~~~~
"If you make yourself really small, you can externalize virtually everything", Daniel Dennett

Any Rap, Hip-Hop or R&B music is shite and samey in my opinion.

Intrumental Hip-hop can be quite good, I've discovered recently. DJ Shadow for example...

But thats the thing, I probably have a wider taste in music than anyone here bar msenyszak...

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

Welcome to the Official Forum Topic for Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation 5).

Discuss the game, share your thoughts, post pictures, videos and more.

C3 Bot

Used to process things automatically on Cubed3!!
Please contact jb if there are any problems with C3Bot!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Chris125, Dragon0085

There are 2 members online at the moment.