Warning, gets disgusting

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Ok, firstly I understand none of you are doctors, so this is purely for comparison purposes, and my nurse mother isnt in.

Also...if you have a weak stomach you may not want to continue reading.

Ok so ive been having this wicked painful sore throat for the past few days, and yesterday I coughed up mucus (solid) which cleared my throat right up. So I then decided to keep coughing up and clearing it out, kept sniffing and swallowing back the stuff though and kepts having to cough it up.
I then decided it would be a smart idea to make myself sick it up by putting my fingers down my throat ( I felt like a supermodel

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

I have had that before, but not in a way that coughing it up wouldn't clear it...

It'll be fine though.

I have had that before, but not in a way that coughing it up wouldn't clear it...

So are you saying I should cough it up.

Its really sucky, now that I know what it is I can feel it in my throat O_o

Any remedy? Maybe drinking some sort of acid? Or boiling water (Evil Dead III styleee :tongueSmilie

We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh

I know it sounds simple, but I used to work at a chemist, and the fellows there always recomended slowly sipping on warm-hot water. Should clear you up a bit. Smilie

I used to work at a chemist

Well that closes the book on every suspicous death in Australia then

Yea thanks ill give that a try

Smilie Thanks for having faith. Smilie

I only have faith in the fact that drinking water wont kill me Smilie

I work at a pharmacy on the weekends (i am not a pharmacist, just an assistnat since i am only 15). If you have running nose then there is this vitamin thing called horseradish and garlic something (can't remember the actual name). If it's for the throat (which looks like you have) then there is some medication you can take (non-presciribtion) that gets rid of it...it's in a yellow container.

I am sorry I am not much help when it comes to names....so just go to the pharamacy and ask for something to get rid of mucus in the throat....they will find it for you. It's like only $13 (AU)

So are you saying I should cough it up.

No- just that I did.

Did it help?

Also, Tempo taught me how to make myself vomit

Yeah, I know a bit about this; don't make yourself vomit - it's generally not a healthy thing to do.

Your body makes mucus all the time, which makes its jolly way up your breathing bits of your body, collecting all the crap along the way.

Sometimes you expell this externally (like coughing it up - better out than in) but most of the time it'll end up going into your stomach (during sleep) where most organisms get killed by digestion.

Coughing, sneezing, vomiting (when your body does it for you) are just ways of your body cleaning out all the crap, basically.

Rory - lemon, whisky (optional), honey and warm/hot water.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

Frazzle wrote:
Lemon, whisky (optional), honey and warm/hot water.

Sounds like one of those traditional scottish remedies that my nan seems to know so many of.

Yeah, coughing it up will help.

Ideas of help-
A couple of shots of straight whisky
Lemsip

edit- ha, frazz had the same plan.

[ Edited by msenyszak on 2005/4/5 13:36 ]

Now, I could suggest a remedy involving huge poles and private area's... but you probably wouldn't like that

Your body makes mucus all the time, which makes its jolly way up your breathing bits of your body, collecting all the crap along the way.

Yea cillia and all that jazz, we studied this in Biology.

But why now is the mucus NOT going into my stomach, why is it now sticking in my throat.

Also we dont have Whiskey, will Vodka work just as well Smilie?

Vodka... NO!

Wvisky vonly vmy vrussvian vriend.

Yeah- vodka will do the trick.

Take it straight.

And while you're at it a few pints of beer can't do any harm Smilie

A few pints of vodka eh?

[ Edited by Renehan on 2005/4/5 13:46 ]

msenyszak wrote:
Yeah- vodka will do the trick.

Take it straight.

Yes. This will work.

If you drink so much you lose the use of your legs Smilie

Never listen to 20 something guys telling you how to drink, I did. I can't remember much else.

"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh." Fly fast, stay low, hit hard
Guide to using the Metroid Bounty Hunters.
{Guild}Ohmdal: But how did you get the poo inside of the box when the goat was sleeping on top of it?
{Guild}Ohmdal: oops wrong chat

I wonder how many pints of vodka you would neeed to drink to die

I wonder how many pints of vodka you would neeed to drink to die

I had a half bottle straight once, and only threw up a few times and felt very ill.

Depends, id say 2 would seriously fuck you up.

Im not sure how much a pint is though.

I couldnt find vodka so I took a quick 50ml shot of bacardi

Right, if I ever commit suicide I am going to drink vodka until I die. Then we would have our answer Smilie

Make sure you drink it all really fast, before it has a chance to knock you out.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.