Emulators for DS

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 08.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Just wondering, but does anyone know anything about a possible Playstation emulator for ds?

I'm asking because I was just thinking about MGS DS rumours, and thought how great a Playstation emu would be.

Oh, and sorry JB if you dislike topics about emulators due to copyright/legal reasons etc. Smilie

1"We're mentalist psychic Scots , which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

do you mean homebrew or official?

^^-stupid question-^^

the 4gb hard drive for DS from Datel can play roms i think

Doubt the DS would be powerful enough to run a PS1 emulator plus theres the issue of the size of some games.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Well, there is a 512 megabyte flash rom. Expensive though, but still...

Perhaps you're right Blade.

Oh, btw your Know Your Balls link? Our school has one in the nurse office.Smilie

1"We're mentalist psychic Scots , which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

It's fine to talk about emulators as they (I think) are legal, but no rom-sharing/linking please! Smilie

Dunno about a PS1 emulator, but hopefully the homebrew scene will get out a decent snes/nes one for the lil DS.

Also moved this to the Portables forum.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Well, I'll trawl about the Net for a snes/nes emulator for gba.

Btw Blade, the DS is more powerful than the N64, which in turn was (marginally) more powerful than the PS1, so I do not think power would be an issue. Ok, the resolution is less, but not much less.

The N64 wouldn't be able to emulate a PS1 so I doubt the DS could.Smilie

still, a man can dream about MGS on ds.

Btw Blade, the DS is more powerful than the N64, which in turn was (marginally) more powerful than the PS1, so I do not think power would be an issue. Ok, the resolution is less, but not much less.

From what I gather it's not that simple at all. Just because the system you hope to run an emulator on is more powerful than the system you want to emulate, it doesn't mean it is possible. I think it's a case of build issues, different systems are using different bits and bobs

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Tin Can Man said:
still, a man can dream about MGS on ds.

Konami should just make a new one

Hey, I'm not saying its simple, I'm just saying that it is possible. Oh, and N64 did have better graphics than the PS1.

Oh, and N64 did have better graphics than the PS1.

No one said it didn'tSmilie

excellent - victory to those who abstain - a classic... Smilie

????????

Blade2t3 said:
The N64 wouldnt be able to emulate a PS1 so I doubt the DS could.Smilie

The games would be quite large in memory wouldn't they? Especially the likes of Final Fantasy VII

the DS is more powerful than the N64

ROFL!!!!

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

From what I remember the DS and N64 are around the same in terms of graphical ability, but the DS can make games look significantly better then N64 games due to the fact that the screen is so much smaller Smilie

And obviously the N64 was significantly more powerful then the PS1!

DS can't even do texture filtering. The N64 version of Animal Crossing looks better than the DS version.

It's going to be shit and you jolly well know it.

Don't you need a system 2-3x times more powerful to run emulators efficiently? For example, N64 and PS1 emulators have only in the past two years become near fully playable on PCs. Projects like Project64, 1964 and ePSXe had to be experimented on for several years to be worthy enough to play with. This was on a PC, not to mention another console.

As for DS and N64 ability, it seems that the detail on the DS is better than the 64. Games like SM64DS, Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime Hunters all have better character models than those seen on the N64.

DS can't even do texture filtering. The N64 version of Animal Crossing looks better than the DS version.

Wasn't the GC version a direct port with a few added pieces of furniture and a few more holidays? Since I played the GC version the other day and the graphics are very similar to Wild World. I'd actually say that the character's features (face, clothes etc) are worse on the GC as they are blurred due to shoddy filtering, unlike WW.

( Edited on 01.06.2006 17:20 by shiptoncraig )

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

FYI...

I think I might just go a sit in the corner, it seems I can't say anything without being put under extreme scrutiny. Oh, and this:

excellent - victory to those who abstain - a classic...

i.e. if you say "i didn't say it couldnt" or something like that, you are basically backing away without saying you are wrong. hey, even if you weren't, kudos. Again, ?????? actually means (psychologically) that you totally knew what I meant, and again used a front - that is, not knowing - to get out of it.

And, to Rii1bmvrg.d2t3 (yes, I had to copy and paste your name to get it right lol), ROFLing is wonderful, but it is what Nintendo said, and I'm not being stupid gullible in saying that Nintendo rarely lie, as opposed to just getting stuff wrong.

yes, I'm done. Smilie

Again, ?????? actually means (psychologically) that you totally knew what I meant, and again used a front - that is, not knowing - to get out of it.

lol, dude I seriously didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

You said

Oh, and N64 did have better graphics than the PS1.

so i said

No one said it didn't

because no one said it didn't....and I didn't imply it either. All i was talking about is that a PS1 emulator for the DS can't happen because even a N64 wouldn't be able to run it and with the DS only being slightly more powerfull it wouldn't be able to run one either. 8bit - 16bit games is probably about all the DS could handle.

The fact of the matter is Dojo, the PS1 could do somethings that the N64 couldnt and vice versa. Its not just a case of

The N64 has better graphics than the PS1.

There are many things that made the consoles different. I cant be bothered to proove you to look like a n00b just yet. So i just hope you accept it.

N64 had less polygon power than the PS1, but was superior in many other ways.

But other than a couple of details it would be wrong to suggest that N64 was anything more than 'slightly' more powerful than PS1.

See no Wiivil
Hear no Wiivil
Speak no Wiivil

C3 Stalker said:
The fact of the matter is Dojo, the PS1 could do somethings that the N64 couldnt and vice versa. Its not just a case of The N64 has better graphics than the PS1. There are many things that made the consoles different. I cant be bothered to proove you to look like a n00b just yet. So i just hope you accept it.

Totally and that's the same case as this generation. The PS2 could do things the Cube couldn't. Say there's two blonde twins right? (no they're not siamese:rollSmilieAnyway, they might be the same thing but they're different...Ok that sucked but you got what I meant right?

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.