Persona 4 (Official Topic)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

PK, Mongoose Hermit said:

-No, you can't control your teammates.

That's silly.

-Sunday TV is special.
-Elizabeth has secrets too, so be sure the quest like crazy!

Where's a TV? And how can I get quests? Just talking to random NPCs like on P4?

-You should only handle one dateable chick at a time. Online chicks and lolis are NOT dateable.

If you get a MAX Social Link can you start dating someone else?

P4 never fails to disappoint. Smilie

I didn't find it disappointing at all. Smilie Don't you mean impress?

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

1) Yeah, it is. Adds to the challenge a bit, though.
2) There's a TV in your room. And by quests I meant requests. They're the same thing in P3. Elizabeth handles them.
3) Yes.
4) I got mah words twisted. I did mean "impress".

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

I guess I can't get quests from Elizabeth yet.

A few more comments:
- The AI is surprisingly awesome, but I'm not too happy about them passively using up my item stock.
- The boss music has an awesome drum beat.
- Yukari sounds a lot like a mix between Rita Mordio and Yoko Littner.

Loving it. Should keep me going until P5 is properly revealed Smilie

( Edited 07.02.2010 19:30 by Toon SuperLink )

20 hours into P4, just got back from the camping trip. Just spent about 4 hours playing, am loving this game. Smilie Smilie Smilie Will definitely be getting P3 as soon as I see it. When does P1 come out for PSP? They're localising it, right?

Ikana said:
20 hours into P4, just got back from the camping trip. Just spent about 4 hours playing, am loving this game. Smilie Smilie Smilie Will definitely be getting P3 as soon as I see it. When does P1 come out for PSP? They're localising it, right?

P1's gameplay is really really different, I've played it first-hand. I don't think there'll be a UK release so your best bet is importing. I really feel sorry that there isn't a UK Branch of Atlus for you guys...Smilie

But I'm glad you're enjoying P4! Be sure to check out some of the hints I've laid out in the past pages.

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Prolly means we won't be getting P3P either right? At first I didn't want it, but now I like P3 so much I'd be happy to buy it again just to play it handheld, even if it is watered down a lot.

Also I'm not really interested in P1, I heard it's kindameh.

Just got to the top of the first section of Tartarus. The boss up there was quite hard, with his annoying Yukari-killing Zio attacks.
Are there any social links that require you to do slightly hidden things? Right now I'm thinking Mitsuru's needs a high Academics level to be activated.

EDIT: Wtf? Junpei doesn't have a Social Link!? o.0;
EDIT2: I'm finding it very hard to make money. :/

( Edited 08.02.2010 16:21 by Toon SuperLink )

Toon SuperLink said:

Are there any social links that require you to do slightly hidden things? Right now I'm thinking Mitsuru's needs a high Academics level to be activated.

EDIT: Wtf? Junpei doesn't have a Social Link!? o.0;
EDIT2: I'm finding it very hard to make money. :/

1) There are a lot that require slightly hidden things. Some require certain stats to be high, some require you to be a bit into other social links to start, and some just appear out of nowhere. Just remember that whoever has their own portrait when you talk to them is either an important person or a social link. Walk around town and school to see if anyone comes up. Explore buildings that don't raise stats. Talk to other people. And if you ever hear about any certain stores opening or clubs or whatever, DO IT.

2) Yeah, poor Junpei. He'll be too busy trying to score with the ladies to Social Link.

3) Yeah, sorry but no part-time jobs this time around. You'll have to constantly go to Tartarus to make your money.

And one more little tip:
When you finally get the 20th Social Link completed, you'll be able to make the last (or rather, second to last) Persona from your 2 most special story-related personae. I recommend you save the game before fusing these and continue to fuse and reset the game until it has the item-creation heart. THAT'S when you must register it. Continue to register it afterwards until you need only a bit of experience to level it up to acquire its final skill, since that's when personae with items attached create their items. This one persona can create 6 items. If you've done what I said, you can get an unlimited amount of these 6 items. It is worth it.

AND Barong+Rangda=WOOOOOOOO

I just got to the top of Arqa (within a few days of saving Fuuka too!), and now I'm trying to do some quests for Elizabeth.

Right now the main thing on my mind are how many Social Links there are, and how hard it is to work on them all while trying to raise stats. I think there are already a few that I've missed forever... Smilie

PS. Since I know you guys love P4 so much, I thought I'd post a link to this hilarious comic by hiimdaisy. Also it has spoilers, so be warned. :/

(Here's the second part Smilie )

Disclaimer: The views portrayed in this comic are not representative of my own, especially since I personally have a fondness of Chie and Yukiko that borders on obsession. Smilie

( Edited 11.02.2010 17:48 by Toon SuperLink )

Chie (guest) 12.02.2010#109

I hope the quiz is on Steak. I'll checked the box marked DELICIOUS.

~32 hours into Persona 4, rescued Rise, still loving it. Smilie

Question: I just maxed out my Social Link with Chie. I assume that whilst trying to rank up the social links with other girls, you get the option to date them too? Is it possible to max out their social links without dating them?
Also, can you get any more cool little scenes with characters you've maxed out? Or is that it?

( Edited 16.02.2010 22:19 by Ikana )

Ikana said:

Question: I just maxed out my Social Link with Chie. I assume that whilst trying to rank up the social links with other girls, you get the option to date them too? Is it possible to max out their social links without dating them?
Also, can you get any more cool little scenes with characters you've maxed out? Or is that it?

1) Yes, you pimp, you.
2) Yes, you just kind of have to turn them down when they ask.
3) That's it. But it's nice having a new Persona on the front-lines, no?

PK, Mongoose Hermit said:
Ikana said:

1) Yes, you pimp, you.
2) Yes, you just kind of have to turn them down when they ask.
3) That's it. But it's nice having a new Persona on the front-lines, no?

Cool, thanks. Smilie Didn't want to cheat on my Chie-chan. Smilie I'm toootally gonna have to get Persona 3 once I've completed this. ^_^ Also, I heard there are different endings? Is it possible for you to give me pointers for the best ending without spoiling anything? Smilie

Ikana said:
Cool, thanks. Smilie Didn't want to cheat on my Chie-chan. Smilie I'm toootally gonna have to get Persona 3 once I've completed this. ^_^ Also, I heard there are different endings? Is it possible for you to give me pointers for the best ending without spoiling anything? Smilie

I love Persona 4 so much, that I'm going to break my poifect post count for this Smilie

On P4 you can go out with as many girls as you want and have absolutely 0 consequences. On P3 you can get reversed links by going out with multiple girls...

To get the best ending on P4? No spoilers? Hmm... this is gonna be a toughie.

There's the bad ending, the normal ending, and the true ending.
- Be nice and reasonable even when things get hectic
- Don't give up when the time comes to figure everything out
- Triple check everything at the end

Very vague, I know Smilie

Hmm, thanks. Smilie Guess it definitely is the kind of game that saying too much would spoil it. XD Just kinda scary, it's such a long game, I really want to see the best ending without having to replay it. Smilie Might just start saving to a second slot every now and then in case I need to go back.

Ikana said:
Hmm, thanks. Smilie Guess it definitely is the kind of game that saying too much would spoil it. XD Just kinda scary, it's such a long game, I really want to see the best ending without having to replay it. Smilie Might just start saving to a second slot every now and then in case I need to go back.
Yes, do that.
The dungeon after you get the last character is when you need to start saving alts Smilie The main characters are in the intro so you'll know when you've got 'em.

I got the best ending first try, somehooow xD

Bump.

I've started playing Persona 3 again, and I'm on Floor 135 of Tartarus. This boss is giving me one heck of a hard time ._. It's times like these I really wish I could control my party members...

Anyone have any pointers for this boss? Dx

Lyra said:
Anyone have any pointers for this boss? Dx

Refrain from using Physical Attacks(especially Strike) and Agi attacks, don't bring anyone weak against Agi, heal when anyone has low HP(That's where Yukari comes in handy) and whittle down its HP.

I spent a few hours grinding, I haven't used Junpei or Akihiko in fucking ages and Mitsuru and Aigis are pretty useless for this thing. And after I did a lot of grinding I randomly died on 3 random enemies because I couldn't run from them. Yaaaay~ Smilie

So then I quit since it's late and I don't know how much that death has set me back. I had just gotten Minato to level 40 aswell T-T

Just wondering, have you tried fighting Death yet?

PK, The Mongonator said:
Just wondering, have you tried fighting Death yet?

Yeah, once in an earlier part of Tartarus. HE MURDER ME.

Funny you mention that actually, because that "random enemy" that killed me was the one I fought right after Death appeared on the floor. Infact one of the reasons I died was probably because I was in such a rush to get the hell out of there... Smilie

( Edited 02.03.2010 23:05 by Lyra )

Hi there everyone. Just recently bought this game. What I like about this game is the fact that there are school children investigating a murder case. The characters are really well VA and the story is well written. I wonder if there will be a Persona 5?

SuperYoshi6 PSN name
3DS friend code 2878-9581-8999

Super Sonic said:
Hi there everyone. Just recently bought this game. What I like about this game is the fact that there are school children investigating a murder case. The characters are really well VA and the story is well written. I wonder if there will be a Persona 5?

FUNNY YOU'VE MENTIONED THAT!
In related news...

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA LOOK AT ME I DOUBLE POST.

Thought I'd post random Persona video for the hell of it.

And this.

( Edited 26.04.2010 20:28 by PK, The Mongonator )

Aaaah I was gonna post part 3 of the comic but I forgooooot~

And, awesome video, but doesn't that need a spoiler warning?
Random Junpei and Minato?

PS. I'm having the time of my life just watching the related videos Smilie
Don't recommend it to those who haven't completed it though... spoilerz :3

EDIT: PERSONA MUSIC LIVE!!
This guy has most if not all of the tracks. Unfortunately there's no live version if "I'll Face Myself" Smilie

And of course my own favourite is:

*cannot comprehend the epic*

( Edited 29.04.2010 22:38 by SuperLink )

Did you notice the Phoenix Wright spoof hidden in there?

I'm gonna watch the concert over the weekend.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.