Project Natel-- HOLY crap!

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/email-why-was-there-a-skateboard-controller-if-phantom-was-going-to-revolutionize-everything/

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/email-project-natal-wheres-the-business-plan/

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Q4.06/4E2A8848-5738-45B1-A659-AD7473899D7D.html

I think Wii remote is different because it doesn't actually require you to actually jump when prompted.

What we need to think is, this won't be good because: You need something to point at with, the camera from what I've seen doesn't have recievers, the price was said to be $200. I think that's translated to AU$ because I saw it on an Aussie site, then we got the problem is, it's an extra cost for Devs. This won't work as good as the Wiimote simply because the Eyetoy could've evolved into that and it didn't work, flailing your arms with nothing makes a massive difference.

Maybe this is too much ahead of it's time to happen, but hey, who knows, M$ might pull this off nicely.

Great, another thing for consumers to be pressured into buying.

Smilie

Conduit FC: 0431-6660-0908

It is really amazing. I'm interested what it'll cost, and what games/apps there will be for it.

Modplan Man said:
Eyetoy much?

Not at all.

Go read up on the technology difference between it, and a glorified Camera.

Aki-T spilt the water.

How much does 200USD translate to Martin?

Dunno. Wouldn't pay too much attention to that figure, as it's just a rumour. I'd be surprised if it cost anywhere near as much as a 360 console. I imagine something around the price of a game, or maybe a little more (like Guitar Hero or Rock Band)?

I think £70 with bundled games, then they will start bundeling with Arcade or maybe make a new sku.

^^Click for a wallpaper version^^

Wow very impressed hopefully Natal lives up to all the hype, it\'s the obvious next step in gaming but Microsoft will need to push this and make people want to buy it (e.g. Getting a big game to support it, COD or Halo).

( Edited 03.06.2009 01:58 by Birdo Is A Tranny )

Birdo Is A Tranny said:
Wow very impressed hopefully Natal lives up to all the hype, it's the obvious next step in gaming but Microsoft will need to puch this and make people want to buy it (e.g. Getting a big game to support it, COD or Halo).

Personally i'd disagree.

Natal shouldn't be aiming at the hardcore market first. COD and Halo, or any shooter (gears etc) require very clean and smooth gameplay or you piss of gamers and they move back to controlers. The technology may still need refining. I would personally get this tech aimed at the casual market first, sports games and the like. Let developers quickly get into it. Hell, tennis, baseball, football, they could all be put well with this.

Aki-T spilt the water.

Mario_0 said:
I think £70 with bundled games, then they will start bundeling with Arcade or maybe make a new sku.

That's how I see it. If they can release a 360 + Natal bundle at the same price, or lower than the Wii, then that would be awesome.

TaoFire said:
Birdo Is A Tranny said:
Wow very impressed hopefully Natal lives up to all the hype, it's the obvious next step in gaming but Microsoft will need to puch this and make people want to buy it (e.g. Getting a big game to support it, COD or Halo).

Personally i'd disagree.

Natal shouldn't be aiming at the hardcore market first. COD and Halo, or any shooter (gears etc) require very clean and smooth gameplay or you piss of gamers and they move back to controlers. The technology may still need refining. I would personally get this tech aimed at the casual market first, sports games and the like. Let developers quickly get into it. Hell, tennis, baseball, football, they could all be put well with this.

I said push (actually I said puch but you got the idea) not force people into using it. There would be an option to play it with or without the Natal but the option needs to be there. I totally disagree with what your saying, if you go down that route (casual) your going to turn Natal into a shovelware whore and that's the last thing we want as gamers to happen to this fine piece of equipment.

this stuff may look cool...
but i dont think the software will last with the RROD lurking in the 360.

Mario, Mega Man and Rayman FTW!!!

Simez said:
MasterStyl why the fuck are you dissing Jump\'s english for? It\'s not his first language so you should be more respectful towards that fact.

Ah, forgive me. The next time I get into an argument over the Internet, I\'ll be sure to do a full background check on a user on the off chance that they\'re not a common, irrelevant, illiterate, troll, but a hardworking saint trying their best with a foreign tongue. No, you stupid idiot, don\'t try to chastise me for what I didn\'t know-- he gave a poorly worded argument, and I, despite your pathetic claims, reacted appropriately. You, on the other hand, have absolutely ZERO excuse for your rudeness towards me.

He\'s not being one sided he\'s being real. Stupid shit is stupid and that looks stupid. They created a new type of eye toy and showed us the target audience -- adolescent douchers. That\'s Jump\'s opinion if you want clean english.

The Natal is \"stupid shit\" that\'s a \"new type of eye toy\" why? Because it\'s the first example of consumer technology that can seamlessly utilize 3D motion capture in real time? Because applications of this go beyond video games, because it\'s also a whole new method of human interface?

You, like Jump, did not give any support to your irrelevant and opinionated Internet-farts. By definition, your post is spam and flame-bait. See, you\'re just as bad- worse, actually; your idiocy goes far beyond his. While Jump has English to contend with, you\'re still struggling with your own underdeveloped, immature brain, you moron.

Go suck a bag of knobs for dissing his english. :-x

It\'s a name calling contest now? I thought we were talking about Microsoft; in that case- I would, but your mom\'s enormous twat is currently taking up much of my oral cavity.

Go back to preschool, idiot. Now is big-kid time. Smilie

( Edited 03.06.2009 05:39 by MasterStyl )

Come on girls, enough of this nonsense.

Go back to preschool, idiot. Now is big-kid time.

I wouldn't say your last post makes you look particularly mature.

If either of you have issues with each others posts, handle it through us.

GR, no-one ever handles it through you guys. You're the five-0.. the cops. No-one likes or trusts any of you. What you need is some dirty undercover scumbag who pretends to 'work' for teh fanboyz, whilst secretly reporting back to you. Just think - you could intercept inflammatory comments before they even fucking happen!

GR781 said:
Go back to preschool, idiot. Now is big-kid time.

I wouldn\'t say your last post makes you look particularly mature.

If either of you have issues with each others posts, handle it through us.

Not only that, I\'m insecure about the size of my penis. Smilie

( Edited 03.06.2009 10:05 by MasterStyl )

I don\'t think you actually have knowledge enough to get into an argument with me, you\'re no Martin.

See you flopped already you\'ve never seen my mum\'s twat so your rebuttal is moot.
Telling you to suck a bag of dicks isn\'t name calling.
I translated Jump\'s post for you in clean English and have praised Natal elsewhere.
Any first language Englishman can clearly type out a sentence. You can\'t spot second english then your remedial.

If you have any further problems with me eat my shorts Smilie. SPOILER: You won\'t win.

( Edited 20.08.2009 07:56 by Simez )

Birdo Is A Tranny said:
I totally disagree with what your saying, if you go down that route (casual) your going to turn Natal into a shovelware whore and that\'s the last thing we want as gamers to happen to this fine piece of equipment.

This is a good point, I think. Of course they will do a lot of casual tat. It\'s perfect for that kind of stuff. But like you, I think it\'s important that they get stuck in with the \'proper stuff\'. Not in any ruinous kind of way. For example, there should never be motion controls where the conventional control pad would perform better. This is something the Wii gets wrong all the time, in my opinion.

By the way, does anyone else get pikeys driving up their road during the summer, ringing a bell out the window to signify that they\'re available for manual labour?

( Edited 03.06.2009 10:39 by Martin_ )

By the way, does anyone else get pikeys driving up their road during the summer, ringing a bell out the window to signify that they're available for manual labour?

No our pikeys (Knackers, pronounced nackers) sell us carpets and tv's. LOL My uncle bought a tv off them one time, he should have made sure that the tv was actually working, (They only gave him the shell of a tv, no components or anything in it) True story.

Martin_ said:

But like you, I think it's important that they get stuck in with the 'proper stuff'. Not in any ruinous kind of way. For example, there should never be motion controls where the conventional control pad would perform better. This is something the Wii gets wrong all the time, in my opinion.

Agreed, not trying to start up a wagon to jump on but i liked the use of six axis in killzone 2. Simple touches like keeping the controller still to increase sniping accuracy felt really intuitive and clever. But yet again Metroid is the pinnacle of what motion controls should aim for.

Simez said:
I don\'t think you actually have knowledge enough to get into an argument with me, you\'re no Martin.

See you flopped already you\'ve never seen my mum\'s twat so your rebuttal is moot.
Telling you to suck a bag of dicks isn\'t name calling.
I translated Jump\'s post for you in clean English and have praised Natal elsewhere.
Any first language Englishman can clearly type out a sentence. You can\'t spot second english then your remedial.

If you have any further problems with me I live at 1295 London Road, Norbury Croydon SW16 4AT ask for Simon Smith if you want to see me face to face. SPOILER: You won\'t win.

Thats very close by considering i\'ll be in south norwood from next month...

Im not sure what the issue with Jump\'s poor language is now...its been like that for years...we still understand what Jump is trying to say...

Nonetheless Project Natal looks awesome, i swear i seem to be the only person here who has watched all 3 press conferences. If you ask me Nintendo\'s was the worst there, the presentation itself was boring and lackluster. Repetitive and telling us stuff that we already knew. Nintendo gave us nothing more than milked franchises, Mario, WiiFit etc...

Wii Vitality Sensor is laughable...and while MotionPlus has potential it seems that not many developers are adapting to it yet...although it has tons of potential. Red Steel 2 and Wii Sports Resort looks worthwhile.

The DS has become nothing more than what the Playstation was in the year 2003...a child\'s playground for poor games. Other than a few games that we already knew about there was barely anything announced that was ground breaking or interesting...(other than Golden Sun 2)

Sony\'s Conference have more of a walkthrough of more in depth games, such as MAG and Uncharted 2, both look good and both have shown us why. In comparisson to NEW Super Mario Bros Wii they both far show more impressive features in a game, although im not shooting down Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMBW both are just not new enough to say...wow...

At least Sony confirmed the PSP GO (lol, the worst kept secret of E3), while i bashed it in the other thread because of digital content rather than a hard copy, however some people will prefer this...at least its new! but ovvvverpriced indeed!

However its Microsoft that pushed the boat out the furthest, excellent presentation skills compared to poor from Nintendo and decent from Sony, a great visualised and large setting again kicking both Nintendo\'s arse and Sony\'s. The most important factor was that it was interesting and used more people to keep the crowd\'s attention rather than just 3 people who were talking for what seemed forever (I\'m looking at you Cammy)

Microsoft brought in people like Spielberg, Tony Hawk and Hideo Kojima (as did Sony) as just a few. The only annoying person on the Microsoft conference was the Facebook whore who just couldnt stop smiling...most likely because of plastic surgery or nerves...

Microsoft\'s content was superb, while they had sequels they had better presentation and more interesting walkthroughs. However it was the updates to their systems such as the implementation of SKY and updates to their music system (last.fm) and HD movies streaming being instant...(i\'ll believe when i see it though)

However it is NATAL that stole the show, sure its a gloryfied EyeToy...but fuck me, they gloryfied it alright! It is pretty much a Wiimote killer, it just takes away the point of having a controller.

The problem is with Nintendo is that they have become complacent, they no longer seem to be innovating on the scale that their competition are. Microsoft are one of the biggest innovative companies in the World and Sony have a history of innovation, Nintendo really need to now announce something over the summer to counteract Project Natal otherwise they will fall behind. It is a great day to be an Xbox owner for sure!

( Edited 03.06.2009 15:40 by White Ranger )

White Ranger said:
The DS has become nothing more than what the Playstation was in the year 2003...a child\'s playground for poor games. Other than a few games that we already knew about there was barely anything announced that was ground breaking or interesting...(other than Golden Sun 2)

I seriously hope you\'re joking there. Oh, and it\'s Golden Sun 3.

The DS\' upcoming release schedule is still arguably the best (as in the most good games) of any console of the gen.

( Edited 03.06.2009 16:00 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Ofisil

There are 1 members online at the moment.