Project Needlemouse -New 2D Console Sonic

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 29.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

I laughed at how the animation of Sonic suddenly went from decent to robotic in the transfer from Sonic 3 to "Sonic 4".

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

come to wii shocked ^^ let hope it not the B game done by some other team

( Edited 04.02.2010 08:33 by Jump_button )

I'm shocked and impressed at that too. I guess they all knew that missing out on Wii was a bad idea.

So, I'm both impressed and disappointed. Last night I was entering a state of panic where I thought Sonic 4 was going to be a 16-bit game with Sonic 1 graphics, essentially giving Sonic black eyes again and granting the greatest fantasy of every annoying "classicfan" in the community.

So yeah, I was happy to see the Sonic I now know and love, an the environments that we saw for the best part of a few seconds looked lovely (though maybe too DKC?), but Sonic's model looks quite crap tbh. And so does his animations.

I didn't hate New Super Mario Bros, but ugh, this is why I wanted hand drawn sprites. Instead of getting awkward models that feel like they don't belong in a 2D games, we would get beautiful visuals that everyone in the world would love, and they would be heralded as some of the best graphics ever. Maybe.

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

wish they re do sonic and eggman to look more like the old ones but one thing at a time 4 eps

Jump_button said:
wish they re do sonic and eggman to look more like the old ones

Well you're not going to get that. Ever. This was their one chance to "change Sonic back", and they didn't! Smilie

I for one am happy about it, it shows that SEGA can actually stand on their own two feet rather than having what they do dictated by people who are stuck in the 90s.

Although it's worth mentioning that Sonic has been getting shorter and fatter since Unleashed. He looks pretty much like how he looked in Adventure now, maybe even shorter.

( Edited 04.02.2010 08:58 by Toon SuperLink )

2D gameplay mechanics for the series like the spin dash and power sneakers

yeah spin dash back Smilie sad to see homing attack in but

It's definitly showing promise with the visuals. I agree with shiptoncraig that he looked a little robotic though. The way his legs moved looked a bit awkward.

It looks like it's going to be part one of a bigger story too. Shame it's download only, maybe once all the games come out it will be released in shops as a compilation.

Jump_button said:
yeah spin dash back Smilie sad to see homing attack in but

Spin Dash never left. What made you think it was gone?

It looks like it's going to be part one of a bigger story too.

Yeah, apparantly it's the start of a new story arc that will go over multiple games, so they're taking the Sonic 3 -> Sonic and Knuckles approach. Sounds great!

News'd

( Edited 04.02.2010 09:20 by Toon SuperLink )

when all four eps are out they put all four on a disc dont worry

Jump_button said:
when all four eps are out they put all four on a disc dont worry

When was it confirmed there would be 4 episodes?
For all we know there could be anything from 1 episode to 7.

Anyway I updated the first post a little, I'll just let Phoenixus do the rest next time he's online; it's his thread afterall Smilie Also stickied!

Also Check out the website!

( Edited 04.02.2010 10:07 by Toon SuperLink )

It looks like the Sonic Rush model. Which is rubbish. Blurry-feet ftw.

Looks good other than that. Well, you can't really tell much from the trailer. There's a lot of pitfalls for it to avoid, like crappy level design and music, but hopefully they're on the right track. If they got Masato Nakamura in the world would be a great place. But I don't think they will. So the world might not be so great. We shall see...

Less posty, more gamey.

dartmonkey said:
It looks like the Sonic Rush model. Which is rubbish. Blurry-feet ftw.

It looks worse. His Sonic Rush model didn't "slide along the ground" nearly so much as this guy does.

Stupid NSMBW.

http://www.sega.com/sonic4/us/index.html

NO no no look like sonic got a new mate they be more then one character hope to god it just tails

( Edited 04.02.2010 12:04 by Jump_button )

Jump_button said:
NO no no look like sonic got a new mate they be more then one character hope to god it just tails

It's set before Adventure, I'm certain there won't be any new characters.

Featured = Sonic and Eggman
I'm guessing the one that will be unlocked soon will be "Supporting cast"? So Tails (if he's not playable, please god let him be atleast dlc) or Knuckles or Amy.

Nope it's a new character - Herc the Bull. He's a red bull. With horns. He shoots oranges from his mouth. Sonic rides him.

Less posty, more gamey.

dartmonkey said:
Nope it's a new character - Herc the Bull. He's a red bull. With horns. He shoots oranges from his mouth. Sonic rides him.

Well I dunno about you but I loved Donkey Kong Country.

Ah wait nevermind *ahem* SONIC'S NOT MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS IT'S RUINED.

I've got a big feeling and it's telling me "No Chao".Smilie

Meh, hopefully they'll do a bit of the Sonic 3 thing and have the elemental shields with different effects. I mean, the first 3 Sonics were part of an evolving series that kept most of what was in the past games, except with better graphics and sound; mainly changing up the badniks, boss-bots, zones, special stages, etc.

( Edited 04.02.2010 22:34 by PK, Mongoose Hermit )

It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

Sonic 4 has been Press Release'd. At this point I highly doubt it's a hoax, no matter what some controversy for the sake of controversy Sonic News websites might try to tell you.

So yeah the Euro Press Release pretty much confirms the return of Special Stages, and a Stage Select, probably not dissimilar to that seen in Sonic 3? Or maybe more like Sonic Advance's.

( Edited 04.02.2010 22:38 by Toon SuperLink )

I think we'll be seeing a Sonic 3-style save system. Special stages are confirmed. I have a good feeling about it at the moment...they're doing something right, here. For now.

For some reason I have three episodes in my mind. I'm not sure if that was said officially anywhere in passing or if it was part of the leak, but I definitely have the number three bouncing around.

At first I thought I read the leak as "7 episodes", but I think I got it confused with "multiple episodes of 7 zones"

Yeah, 3 Episodes sounds about right to me atm. One with only Sonic, one with Sonic and Tails, and the last with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. They'll have lock on Smilie
Hey, I can dream.

Sonic moves/looks like a fucking Porygon.

The story of Sonic 4 has been put up on the website. Expect a little retconning here and there. *reads*

Nothing much that we don't know already. Turns out that Sonic 1-S3&K literally take place directly one after the other. As in, remember when Sonic falls from the Death Egg in Sonic 2's ending? After the Tornado catches Sonic, they see the Death Egg fall onto the Floating Island and then you have the intro to Sonic 3.
Mind blowing stuff bros.

Mind blow what if the Nintendo's next console is the Secret Platform! DS2?

Jump_button said:
Mind blow what if the Nintendo's next console is the Secret Platform! DS2?

Really doubt it, but wouldn't that be awesome.
Right now I'm thinking iPhone version is a given.

And that running animation seems to look worse every time I see it.

I'm so conflicted. I want to be excited, but fuck.

He could still be a pre-rendered sprite, a la Donkey Kong Country. It's easy enough to tell it's not hand drawn or anything of that nature, but I still can't tell if it's a sprite or not.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
lukezeppo

There are 1 members online at the moment.