Rune Factory Frontier

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 06.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Though i have never played a rune factory game, i loved the harvest moon series(especially harvest moon 64!!). It sounds like a really good game. I am guessing that natsume doesn't make this series?

Muliphein said:
Though i have never played a rune factory game, i loved the harvest moon series(especially harvest moon 64!!). It sounds like a really good game. I am guessing that natsume doesn't make this series?

Actually they do, it's done by the good old developers of Harvest Moon, except Natsume now consider Rune Factory to be its own series.

Which also means it hopefully won't be stopping any time soon! Excellent news since I think Rune Factory is more my type of game than Harvest Moon is Smilie

I wish I could have dedicated more time to RFF but man it's a bit of a timesink Smilie

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I have both Rune Factory DS games as well as the Wii game... but I have yet to play any. Why? Well, I love Harvest Moon and the premise of Rune Factory was appealing to me so I bought all 3 games this march and now they wait in my collection until it's their turn.

Sundeep (guest) 27.08.2010#4

I'm confused about Rune Factory and Harvest Moon. Are these two games the same games with different names? Is Rune Factory a spin-off or vice versa? I loved the original Moon concept but am sceptical about this Rune Factory take on things.

Sundeep (guest) said:
I'm confused about Rune Factory and Harvest Moon. Are these two games the same games with different names? Is Rune Factory a spin-off or vice versa? I loved the original Moon concept but am sceptical about this Rune Factory take on things.

Rune Factory is a fantasy Spinoff of Harvest Moon, but Natsume decided they wanted to split the series off and make it its own thing.

So officially Rune Factory isn't part of the Harvest Moon series aymore, even though it's still marketed as a Harvest Moon game during localization.

I played a little of the first Rune Factory and it's really not my thing. I like the Harvest Moon games simply for the farming. Adding RPG elements takes away from that so I'll stick with HM. Smilie

Hasn't the PSP got a futuristic Harvest Moon spin off? Is that similar to Rune Factory but more sci-fi?

Ifrit XXII said:
asn't the PSP got a futuristic Harvest Moon spin off? Is that similar to Rune Factory but more sci-fi?

I'm not sure really. I haven't really heard good thing about it at all, plus there's no marriage system, the game just ends at some point.

It's a shame that you don't dig Rune Factory. The dungeon crawling makes a nice break to constant farmwork imo (which I sometimes find gets tedious in HM games)
Plus the girls of Rune Factory are so lovely~<3

Plus the girls of Rune Factory are so lovely~<3

wut?

Sundeep (guest) 29.08.2010#9

Thanks Supeelink, not really my kind of tea, I will stick with Moon.

Jimmy2000 said:

wut?

All the bachelorettes in Rune Factory are adorable.

And less chibi than the HM girls.
Which is ideal~

I bought this game last year and I would still be playing it if my Wii's hard drive weren't dying (again).

I like it more than Harvest Moon games because, like SuperLink, the dungeon crawling elelments really do break up the repetitiveness of the farming and other core duties.

Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not. Fear not.
Linda J (guest) 21.07.2022#12

I think it would be nice if you put Rune Factory Frontier on the Nintendo switch, I would definitely be playing it all time if you would

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.