Cubed 3 Problems

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Azuardo said:
Heroes of Ruin images in the Call of Duty MW3 Wii section.

Fixed

Azuardo said:
Clicking the Donkey Kong feature banner at the top of the site takes you to the Heroes of Ruin preview.

There isn't a DK feature banner on the site atm, maybe cached?

Azuardo said:
Hmm, just another thing I've noticed. New members get user numbers which are above 1,000,000. Yet we have less than 16,000 members here.

Was an issue with the database a few years back, so couldn't revert the newer users who had gone over the 1mil mark.

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Oooh, Shiny mod bar Smilie

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but no matter how many times I try I just can't change my profile picture. I've wanted to change it for a long time.

I can't change my password either. Smilie

Trepe, which picture host are you using? I recommend Imageshack and Imgur. Images might got apply if they're outside the size requirement either.

As for the password issue, best send a PM to Jorge about that. Smilie

I've made sure it's within the size restriction and been trying Imageshack and Photobucket, but no joy. Smilie

Weird - it shouldn't be an uploaded avatar? Where are you trying to change it?

Please try logging off C3 completely, logging back in and trying again. Likewise password changing works for me too.

Now your avatar is missing jb.

I had the same issue a couple of years ago so I switched from tinypic to photobucket, but now tinypic works strangely.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

jb said:
Weird - it shouldn't be an uploaded avatar? Where are you trying to change it?

Please try logging off C3 completely, logging back in and trying again. Likewise password changing works for me too.

The last time I changed my password, when I tried to log on it didn't recognise it and wouldn't let me. Since then I've just had to stick to the one you gave me.

It doesn't matter what photo sharing site I use, my avatar doesn't change. I add the link to the new picture, but it still displays the same old picture.

Hmm - could you message me the URL in question - perhaps try an already uploaded image from somewhere else first (Google images) and then it maybe an issue with the url you're uploading.

On a game preview page, clicking the "members who own this game" link (and the "more" link next to that) takes you here:

http://www.cubed3.com/games/&op=1

Same thing applies to clicking "members who want this game" links, but takes you here:

http://www.cubed3.com/games/&op=2

Tested this from the Rune Factory Tides of Destiny and Kirby Returns to Dream Land preview articles.

( Edited 09.08.2011 01:59 by Azuardo )

Haha. Oops. I was making a mistake when I was trying to change my avatar. Smilie I've managed to do it now. Smilie

- Rune Factory preview banner links to Xenoblade review.

- Users that don't exist anymore still show up in lists like "Members who want this game" sections. Would be better if deleted/non-existent members were removed from all areas like this.

( Edited 16.08.2011 02:17 by Azuardo )

Azuardo said:
- Rune Factory preview banner links to Xenoblade review.

I changed the RF banner last night to a Xeno one - you need to CTRL+F5 Smilie

Adam Riley [ Director :: Cubed3 ]

UNITE714: Weekly Prayers | Bible Verses
Our member of the week

Azuardo said:
Users that don't exist anymore still show up in lists like "Members who want this game" sections. Would be better if deleted/non-existent members were removed from all areas like this.

Either that or that's just an error in the link to the user account. For example, if you see me in the people who want a game, and you click on "more", the people appearing in there who have a nickname longer than 8 characters will have their nickname trimmed of any additional characters (Mine will appear as Kafei200). as a result, the link on which you click will redirect to a user nicknamed Kafei200, who obviously doesn't exist.

That problem... was already reported by me to Jb in this very topic Smilie.
But if that's indeed a question of the user not existing anymore, then there's no pre-made tool for that as far as we know, but from a tech point, that could be done. A query that searches every game for members who want it but who don't exist anymore... and deletes those "want" entries. But that would be up to our master Jb, once again Smilie.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

I've reported that same 8 character username problem too, Kafei (although I didn't know you did).

Having checked the number of characters, yes, it looks like it's down to the 8 character limit, and causes the user's name to be changed. So yeah, that definitely needs sorting out :L

Hmm, Oracle of Ages doesn't show up when you view my profile game collection. I can see it when I go to edit my collection, but for outsiders looking at my list, it isn't there.

SirLink just posted a reader review, and it messed up the list of recently posted topics on the Forum tab. There's a blank space with 1 post in it. If you click the number 1, it takes you to his review, but it's clearly messed up.

Image for

Feed bar on the left screwed up a little too.

You know Azuardo, I was just about to finish a post about this here too but you got it before me even though my reader review caused this in the first place. Smilie Have a star for your dedication! Smilie Smilie

I guess that's what happens when the first reader review after one and a half year gets posted, huh? Smilie

EDIT: Should also mention that if you follow the link of my comment on my reader review, it takes you to a completely different reader review which is this one.

( Edited 21.08.2011 21:12 by SirLink )

Yeah, knew there were some other issues caused by this, so was hoping you'd post to clarify them. It's good that you posted a review to show what needs fixing.

Also, if you go to the Reviews section of the site, there is nothing in the "Recent Reader Reviews" section.

If you go to the Reader Reviews section of the site, there are two areas for "Recent Reader Reviews". The one on the left has the recent reviews, the one on the right is blank, like the normal Reviews page.

Image for

( Edited 21.08.2011 22:25 by Azuardo )

Ok, I think I figured out the problem.

For the first time, I went to my pm inbox, clicked compose, then wrote your name, Azuardo, and sent the message. Doing this created the error of not existing.

The second time, I went to your user profile, went all the way down, and sent the pm that way. It should work now.

Right, so there's an error when trying to send a PM when you type out their name manually?

I received your contest entry, so it has indeed worked now.

Nintendo 3DS needs to be added to user profiles' Games and Wishlists.

Oh and about the profiles again, is anything gonna be done about letting people see those favourite games/books/movies, website, etc sections in your user info? I remember you saying you might combine it into one box. You gonna leave that for the new C3 or sack it off? No big deal, just something I noticed when editing my profile again before.

( Edited 23.08.2011 23:58 by Azuardo )

Nintendo 3DS needs to be added to user profiles' Games and Wishlists.

Fixed - should show 3DS, DSiWare, WiiWare - need to add 3DS eShop too.

Will nip through the other issues later this week hopefully. I am making note, thanks guys! Barely have any time for C3 atm, just a few moments to do news really.

That's fair enough. In which case, shouldn't Pokedex 3D be an eShop game, if you're doing that separate?

Yea, doing it manually doesn't work, you might want to fix that. And this is great, I moved in back to college and when I opened my laptop, it overheats and crashes, so I'll get it back in like ten days, sorry for the mad late response.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Flynnie

There are 1 members online at the moment.