windows emulators for mac

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 08.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

right well im trading my windows PC for a mac, but, as there are a few games id like to buy which arent coming out for mac as far as i know, i was wondering if any of you knew if it would be worth getting soemthing like a windows emulator for the mac, ...i.e. are thye just good for running games or will i get adequate performance in a game, and finally any product reccomendations etc..

I've never used a window$ emulator - simply because I like to keep my computer "clean" from micro$oft software - but unfortunatly from what I heared window$ emulators aren't very good for running games.

Good for you for getting a mac, you'll find you can do so much more on a mac than on a PC - you'll really be suprised.

General, keep your PC and just install a copy of Linux on it, they've got some very good windows emulators on it.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Yeah, when I finally replace this hunk of crap that I'm using, I'm definately switching to Linux, despite the losses. My alternative for now is to use illegal copies of Windows (I should be quiet). Smilie

Epoch wrote:
Yeah, when I finally replace this hunk of crap that I'm using, I'm definately switching to Linux, despite the losses. My alternative for now is to use illegal copies of Windows (I should be quiet). Smilie

LOL, same here.
Try seeing if WINE have released a Mac version yet... otherwise you *might* be able to install Windows and run it under a Mac version of BOCHS (which might not actually exist).
Have a look at http://bochs.sourceforge.com (I think that's about right, just Google it if it isn't)

I used to have Linux before I got my mac - I had a pretty crap PC (700MHz P3) and it was really awful with window$ - so early last year I wiped window$ of it and put on Linux (Red Hat 8.0). Well, it wasn't an easy transision - it took me a whole week to get my broadband to work - but when it was all up and running it was extremely fast and stable - it was really incredable, and suprising, the performance I could get out of my old machene. I never bothered with a window$ emulator though - but there are some good ones available I know. The entire upgrade to Linux only cost me

WINE is good. do a search im not sure if it can be used for mac though.

hmm ill give it a look- Beam, i probably wont be surprised as other than this computer, all the computers we (my family) have had have been macs,my dad has one of the new style imacs and my mum one of the older ones etc

I had a pretty crap PC (700MHz P3)

That's crap? Mine is only 366MHz... I get the feeling that Windows XP is quite a drain on it too...

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.