Kid Icarus: Uprising Official Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 03.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Share Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo 3DS) friend codes, online trades and chat live.

@Phoenixus: Ha, that was your biggest mistake to say that you've finished it because you still owe me a read through my reader review. Smilie

That aside, I'm still playing the game every day but mostly just a few chapters. I'm at 90.7% completion right now, with the first treasure hunt only missing 6 pieces, all of which I can't get right away. Heck, I still need to die like 10 times to get the 'Get finished 20 times' one. Smilie I wanted to avoid it but the game leaves me no choice but to use the feathers to get the ones you can only get with Streetpass. I'm kinda screwed there as I've been taking my 3DS with me to school since I got the game and I haven't gotten a single Streetpass yet (ever, actually). Fat chance of passing by someone who has the game too, so yeah.

Soo...is anyone here up for online? I know a lot of people here have the game now, so it shouldn't be impossible to get some brawls going. Smilie

Waaaaaaaay ahead of ya mate. Smilie

SO am thinking of getting this. The 3D looked awesome in the 3D trailers and it seems really fun. It's £27 on ShopTo, is that a good price for it?

Definitely worth any price below £30, though I'd personally recommend this one; http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/kid-icarus-uprising-includes-free-game-and-3ds-stand/10300633.html
A couple quid more, but you can download Kid Icarus GB off the eStore for free. Go for the Shopto one if the GB game doesn't interest you though. ^^

I went with the ShopTo one, since I have no interest in Kid Icarus on the Gameboy. It's a shame the Zavvi price doesn't match it, I would have bought it off there and gave the code to some who would actually want it.

I actually kind of like Kid Icarus 2.
It's more bearable to play than the first game lol.

Still.. kind of dull and hard.
Needless to say I hope they make more Kid Icarus games.. and I hope they're more like Uprising.

If there's one thing I'd change about Uprising I'd put more of a platforming element into it i.e. jumping and gliding, that seemed to be an important part of the first games.

..Also it'd make Pit's "wow I can't fly" problem more obvious.
as if mocking him!!

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Okay, so I just finished replaying all chapters with an average intensity of 6.9 and all treasure chests collected. Some later chapters on 7.0-9.0 are intense as hell, it's incredible. My file says 97.8%, so I'm guessing the remaining 100 or so treasure hunt achievements I have left and maybe the few power-ups I haven't obtained yet are the remaining 2.2%.

Since this thread could use a bit more activity, I wanna know what your best/most useful weapons are so far.

I've got a collection of a ton of pretty damn good weapons, though I only use three of them. Others have a lot of potential too, but usually fail in one category, like one weapon having great abilities but almost no attack power.

Darkness Bow
Ranged: 6*
Melee: None
Value: 245
Abilities:
Side-dash ch. shot +3
In-peril autododge +3

I actually got extremely lucky and got this one from replaying the first chapter on 9.0 a few times. One forward-dash charged shot with it killed just about every enemy throughout the rest of the game, especially combined with Energy Charge Lvl4. Obviously abused the hell out of it for the rest of the story. Smilie

Insight Staff
Ranged: 4*
Melee: None
Value: 333
Abilities:
Overall Defense +6
Petrification +4
Speed +3
Forward-dash ch. shot +2
Forward-dash cont. fire +1
In-peril attack boost +1

Got this one as a random weapon online (lucky as hell lol) and it's my main weapon for high intensity runs because it's near impossible to survive without at least a decent defense boost on your weapon. It's really great online as well.

Raptor Claws
Ranged: 4*
Melee: 4*
Value: 273
Abilities:
Overall Defense +3
Speed +3

Awesome, balanced claws that I mostly use for speedruns. Claws are fast naturally but with a speed modifier your running speed is just insane. Pretty funny to use online too, just running around like a madman and occasionally doing a melee dash attack into unsuspecting victims.

I'm terrible with fusing weapons in general, if I get something with a high rating and rank it's a crappy weapon, and whenever I get a good weapon the rank seems to drop.. maybe I'm bad at it, or maybe I'm just unlucky.

Either way I found the Beam Claws to be pretty good, I just unlocked the Palutena Blade so I'm trying to fuse that atm.

But wow your percentage is high x-x I guess that means you've collected almost every weapon or power?
I need to play more.. but before I do that I should stop procrastinating and get my work done.

Well actually, I don't think I've fused any of those three weapons I listed, not so sure about the Darkness Bow though. Even then, it probably only was fused once. It seems that I can never get what I want when fusing weapons either. Abilities that I want to carry over won't do just that and vice versa. Maybe that's to increase the randomness and satisfaction when you finally got an ideal weapon for your playstyle but I would have preferred the abilities to be in tiers and you could have a certain capacity on each weapon, with higher tier abilities taking up more capacity than lower ones. Then you could choose between the abilities of the two weapons you want to fuse. Maybe it's just me wanting to get an Overall Defense +8 ability from an otherwise worthless set of orbitars though. Smilie

Yep, I recently got quite a few achievements for 'Obtained all *insert weapon type here*' and I have 90% of all power-ups. Now that you mention it, it could very well be those things that are the remaining 2.2% and the treasure hunts don't count towards it. I got new weapons and powers while doing the treasure hunts, so I can't say for sure.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/9583-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-and-Hurt-Nintendo-Fans

Smilie

I don't know, I've never had to use the stand, so far. I actually find it more uncomfortable to play with the stand and I can do a much better job just holding it in my hand.

That said, the controls do suck after playing with it more extensively, but I have managed to get used to them more. I have to use the buttons to move Pit around and it can be stiff and awkward to move smoothly. I don't see how else they could have done it on the 3DS though. It really should have been a Wii or Wii U game. Basically, it's like putting a Sonic game on an iPhone - that platform is incompatible for such a game, because it doesn't have any buttons or d-pad to control the character precisely (though it's obviously not quite as bad as that).

Either way, the games content is so good, I'm still finding it amazing and I keep wanting to go back to it for more, so it must be doing something right. The music is superb, the art direction is brilliant in places (more so in the air sections) and it just has a quality feel about it. I'm really enjoying it, honestly. Smilie

Edit: I'm certainly not hurt by his opinion though. I can totally understand where he's coming from and at the end of the day, if that how he felt when playing, then it's completely fair.

( Edited 02.05.2012 10:18 by Marzy )

I like watching that guys review even though he badmouths them most of the time xD
The only problem I had with Kid Icarus as alot of people have are with the controls but after using them for about an hour I got the hang of them pretty quickly.

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

It's a brilliant game in various areas, but it's control scheme is simply poor. The games difficulty and overall fun factor, should not be tied to or determined by it's ease of control.

What's everyone favourite piece of music from the soundtrack?

I absolutely love this.

Our member of the week

Has anyone else so far had a strange stone from Palutena via Spotpass? The one I got today has no name and bears just a question mark, I can't turn it into a weapon, and it doesn't even appear in the list for fusing stones. I can only turn it into 5 hearts. Has anyone got a clue?

Marzy said:
I absolutely love this.

I beat that particular chapter mere minutes ago :p.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

RudyC3 said:
Has anyone else so far had a strange stone from Palutena via Spotpass? The one I got today has no name and bears just a question mark, I can't turn it into a weapon, and it doesn't even appear in the list for fusing stones. I can only turn it into 5 hearts. Has anyone got a clue?

I haven't had that before myself but according to some people on other forums this means that you haven't unlocked that particular weapon yet. Smilie

For anyone who wants to know details about weapon fusing, what each weapon modifier does and how you can unlock more weapons, this guide right here is really, really helpful. Smilie

( Edited 09.05.2012 23:25 by SirLink )

Marzy said:
What's everyone favourite piece of music from the soundtrack?

I absolutely love this.

Ngl that's probably my favourite track too, blew me away when I first played that stage, having a game full of orchestra only to be greeted with some hefty jazz! Swoons.

I also really love Viridi's theme, mostly the rendition that plays in the first Reset Bomb.

Now for some bad news
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/no-sequel-for-kid-icarus-uprising

This actually upset me quite a bit, I've gotten really attached to the characters and worlds introduced in Uprising.. to think we might not ever get another Kid Icarus game is tragic.
I WANT TO SEE MORE OF PRECIOUS VIRIDI..... ;-;

This is probably my favourite, mostly because of the part that starts at 0:35. The ground theme for Chapter 14, called Thunder Cloud Temple, is also based on that, but it's not quite as epic.

I absolutely love the boss music too. Other favourites of mine also include Magnus' Theme, Dark Pit's Theme and the Dog's Theme, which also plays in the online waiting room.

It's really hard to pick out a few tracks of this brilliant soundtrack. Those are the ones that got stuck in my head the most though. Smilie

I'm actually not that angry/sad about no sequel for Uprising. Even if it happened, Sakurai is going to have his hands full with Smash Bros. for a while and the game just wouldn't have that Sakurai feel. I feel that Kid Icarus: Uprising feels more than complete on its own and doesn't need a sequel. Sakurai and his team put everything they had in this game and I would prefer if it's remembered as a stand-alone classic in years to come.

Oh yeah I also love the Dog's Theme, that's probably one of my favourite tracks too. And can't forget Pittoo's theme..

SirLink said:
I'm actually not that angry/sad about no sequel for Uprising. Even if it happened, Sakurai is going to have his hands full with Smash Bros. for a while and the game just wouldn't have that Sakurai feel. I feel that Kid Icarus: Uprising feels more than complete on its own and doesn't need a sequel. Sakurai and his team put everything they had in this game and I would prefer if it's remembered as a stand-alone classic in years to come.

I just feel like the game purposefully left out a lot of information plotwise that could be explored in a sequel or future games.. Uprising was so great and Pit is such an amazing protagonist it seems like a huge shame for Kid Icarus to go back to being a dead franchise.

I want Pit to be ~up there~ with Fox, Link, Mario, Samus.. because damn I prefer him to half of them now.

I suppose Nintendo could make another Kid Icarus game, perhaps another developer like Retro or Treasure?

Either way, I kind of respect his opinion not to make a sequel - it's nice to just have a stand alone classic sometimes. That said, this is the first Kid Icarus game in many many years and we've hardly seen much of the franchise flourish, apart from in one game. I agree in that Pit deserves more recognition now and I prefer him to some other Nintendo characters too, I mean at least he has some character.

I'm definitely open to the idea of a sequel, but If it doesn't happen, I won't mind either. After all, it seems Sakurai has really made the game into his own and giving it to someone else might not be as good.

Marzy said:
I mean at least he has some character.

Here here.

I'm going to hold out hopes for a sequel regardless, even if Sakurai won't be the one making it I'm sure Nintendo will take care of the series. Though I do worry about how the script would turn out without Sakurai there...

Breaking: Miyamoto takes lead in the new Kid Icarus title! Pit to be a silent protagonist running and jumping through the same stages over and over, sometimes helped by his innocent taller little brother Pittoo and also two Toads without names.
Here's a snippet of the breathtaking soundtrack we can expect:
http://youtu.be/D0eD2ioPOqo

( Edited 10.05.2012 13:14 by SuperLink )

I'm hoping since Kid Icarus now has a bit more recognition, it ups the chances of more Kid Icarus character being in Smash bros 4. It's a shame we won't get a sequel but I can kinda understand the decision. Also my favourite themes are

( Edited 10.05.2012 14:08 by LKR000 )

Nintendo Network ID: LKR000               PSN: LKR000     
3DS: 1246-8696-120                              GT: LKR101

LKR000 said:
I'm hoping since Kid Icarus now has a bit more recognition, it ups the chances of more Kid Icarus character being in Smash bros 4.

I desperately want Palutena to be playable..
if we got 2 or 3 extra Kid Icarus characters that would be amazing!
But keep Pittoo as an alt. costume rather than a separate character pls.

I also really like the Dog Theme.

Some more of my favourites:

Mainly because of the part at 24 seconds, I wish that segment repeated more.

( Edited 10.05.2012 13:53 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
Mainly because of the part at 24 seconds, I wish that segment repeated more.

That's part of Viridi's theme, do you like the melody itself or just the way it's played there particularly?

I really like this version used for the Reset Bomb Forest.

( Edited 10.05.2012 14:13 by SuperLink )

Comment on Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo 3DS)

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Adventure

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  9/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (16 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.