Anime/Manga Fan Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 06.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Started to watch the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime again. Ahh great memories! Used to love as a child and plan to watch it all through again. It's a bit of a pain trying to find the episodes online though.

I've started reading Bakuman, I'm on chapter 65.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw
Omar (guest) 03.03.2012#1203

My daughter was the first to start iradeng Manga in our family. I started making her costumes so that she can cosplay with her friends. Next thing I knew, I started iradeng them so I would know what she was talking about. I'm hooked on them now! I think I've read about 300 or so books since the beginning of summer 2010. My daughter now sings songs in Japanese, wants to try new Japanese and Asian foods and many other new things. I think this is great and it is all from getting into Manga books!Last year we even tried to get more Manga books into the Middle School. Our problem was finding ones that were appropriate for that age level. Our Media Center person was very willing to bring more of it into the school. She had told us that the Lexile (reading level) for Manga books was higher than most of the regular books that kids that age were iradeng. So why not read Manga?I think Manga has brought positive influences to my daughter's life and mine. I just hope I don't run out of books to read .

Naruto looks like it might end in the next couple of years, it's really building up.

It's great that other people(guest) like Manga, this thread should really be more popular, in fact, the whole site should.

Where did you read the latest chapter?

Read them on http://www.goodmanga.net/ , well it's last weeks (576), but they've been licensed so I've had to resort to finding random sites that upload them, GoodManga's quite good because it doesn't actually host any of them.

Oh yeah, and in relevance to last weeks Naruto:

( Edited 05.03.2012 23:03 by Stulaw )

First two episodes of Korra came out. Really predictable, but I really like the characters so far (maybe because Korra is very similar to me). Still has the lovable corny humor, and the incredible martial arts and bending forms. I really hope that they touch on some dark and adult themes, considering that it takes place in a steampunk inspired city with lots of urban problems. Idk if they will though because of nick Smilie

Also, I hope that they show some of the more spiritual and philosophical sides of the avatar universe. Those were my favorite episodes in the original series.

I'm REALLY excited for that show. I own the boxed setes of the first three seasons. Doesn't premiere her until April 14th though. Can't wait! Smilie

Avatar has always pushed the boundaries for Nick and I think they trust the writers enough at this point that you'll see some stuff that's a little more edgy. They had stated in the past that they wanted this new series darker.

Oh yea, forgot about that. I really liked that episode, it was freaky. The first two episodes are online at korranation.com

Oh dang. I'm re-watching the original Avatar series (I'm about halfway through), and this thought randomly hit me. You know how the avatar cycle gets broken if he/she is killed in the avatar state? I have some really ominous feeling that this is going to occur at the end of Korra. Idk, with the whole anti-bending sentiment. Also, the era (I'd say about 1920's) is when the world is starting to become increasingly materialistic while straying away from religious and spiritual thought. If Korra does end up dying at the end of the series, it would sort of be fitting (unfortunately). Or maybe not.

Bleach is really revving up lately. Shame its the last arc but I guess it had to end eventually (and I'll be able to complete my Manga collection sooner rather than later Smilie).

Just read the last chapter of Bakuman. One of the best Manga ever written.

Just read the ending of Negima.

( Edited 20.04.2012 01:32 by Stulaw )

I really like Bakuman, but i'm so far behind. Currently half through volume 4 but have 1-9 on my shelve! How many volumes are there in total?

At the moment there's 17 in Japan, 10 in the UK, but the total's going to be 20. I've read them online but I'm going to collect them all.

( Edited 20.04.2012 19:55 by Stulaw )

Okay thanks, yeah i'm just buying them as they come out. Will order 10 soon.

I haven't watched any anime. The closest exposure I guess would be Avatar and a couple Miyazaki films. Could you guys suggest some series for me to watch? I really don't have any preference of genre or style or anything. I'm open to everything. I just don't want to watch a series that is too long. Just for time's sake, I'd like to maybe watch an episode or two a day for a couple weeks. I really don't want to watch something that's like 100's of episodes long. I already suffered through Lost haha.

Death Note seems perfect for you. It's not long and a lot happens in 1 episode. It's also one of the highest rated animes.

I saw Cowboy Bebop for the first time this last week when Toonami re-premiered. Fantastic! Every episode is its own self contained story and there is only one, 26 episode long season. DVD's sell for a lot, but the episodes are easy to find online. I recommend checking it out.

DVD's sell for a lot, but the episodes are easy to find online. I recommend checking it out.

I got the series on DVD for £16 a few months ago from HMV online, although it seems to have gone up now.

Cheesing it up said: I got the series on DVD for £16 a few months ago from HMV online, although it seems to have gone up now.

That's not bad at all. I can find individual DVD's for that price around here, but not the complete season. Smilie It probably doesn't help that I live in the U.S.
It's such a shame, because it has to be the best anime series I've ever seen... Guess I'll just start saving my rubles.

Just finished both series of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, and it was amazing, seriously, I suggest anyone who likes Mecha/War Animé and Death Note watches it.

I also watched the entirety of Sailor Moon (yes all 200 episodes) and it's all embedded into my brain, it's definitely one of the best (if not, the best) magical girl animé of all time.

Holy Shit at Bleach.

bornforthis43 said:
Could you guys suggest some series for me to watch? I really don't have any preference of genre or style or anything. I'm open to everything. I just don't want to watch a series that is too long. Just for time's sake, I'd like to maybe watch an episode or two a day for a couple weeks. I really don't want to watch something that's like 100's of episodes long. I already suffered through Lost haha.

Can I recommend Madoka Magica because it's only 12 episodes long and it's my favourite anime/show in general ever.
It's even better if you approach the series without any expectations because it's absolutely not what it looks like it is, I think anyone would really enjoy it if they watched the first 4/5 episodes at least. (that goes for the rest of you guys too Smilie)

As for me I've been watching One Piece since I last posted.. actually I watched the whole thing and am now up to date, and Jesus I love it Smilie
Now that I'm up to date I mostly don't know what to do with my life but I also finished Medaka Box which starts pretty lame and ends pretty well! So I'm looking forward to the next season.

And noow I'm back to watching Fairy Tail which still has the best pacing and overall cast of any long running anime I think (though I think I pefer One Piece overall).

( Edited 25.07.2012 21:37 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

I recently started watching Case Closed, its pretty good. Only seen 16 episodes and got 1-3 of manga but my god theres like 600 episodes!

Naruto 598

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
mikem52

There are 1 members online at the moment.