Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - Friend Codes, Trades and Chat  (locked)

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Share Mario Kart Wii (Wii) friend codes, online trades and chat live.

So I just had a chat with Mush and we'd be up for all three nights (might as well knock ourselves out if possible, eh?) depending on you, jb and Rudy. If we can get four to five of us then private races would be worth it, with three it's probably not worth it unless it's random worldwide lobbies, which obviously can and likely will have some hackers in them.

Some other C3ers said on twitter they're interested (Stu, Susie, Ifrit, Marzy), so will see if any of those days are good for them. Asked SuperLink too, but he might be tied up.

Potential for a good bunch of us though.

Not bad at all, and we could still have jb/Rudy record some races and the Skype chat for a feature regardless of how many people show up. I did already ask SuperLink myself and he said he doesn't like Mario Kart Wii enough to join, so I doubt he'll change his mind.

Our member of the week

I should be good for one or two night, Idealy on Sunday. Friday night, not so much and Saturday I "might" be absent.

What I was ALSO thinking, if we are sure to do it, is to try to stream it LIVE over hitbox or Twitch Smilie, and announce it on C3 in a newsie, while JB captures video and chat for a more persistent feature which people can watch on our Youtube channel whenever they want. Never used hitbox, I just have registered an account to be able to comment on live streams, but Twitch isn't live, and induces a delay of 30 seconds on vide streams so... doesn't sound as good Smilie.

Would have to look into this depending on how good that sounds. Because I can't imagine me and JB both capturing and making separate videos on each other's ends for posting, and I can't imagine either of us sending each other a voluminous video file of several GBs over internet for editing to make one video with several incorporated video streams, don't know how well that would work.

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

The live stream/video wouldn't include the skype audio, would it? Because I am highly prone to not being able to control my language lool

Jorge said Friday or Sunday sounds good, Rudy prefers Sunday. I think I'm good for Fri/Sat/Sun atm. So we can just play with who's available on each day, then on the night we have Rudy, you can do the video or whatever?

Jorge also asked about midweek racing, like Tues/Weds. I might be able to depending on how things go, but will have to see.

Am happy to record too - would be from my view though, so you know, cruising in first place Smilie

Hmm - I wouldn't be able to include Skype audio though, unfortunately - haven't worked out a way to get multiple feeds in - I know I can audacity, but it would only be my voice unless I can somehow do Stereo Mix, but that would end up getting the gamplay sounds in, so syncing would be a nightmare!

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

That's alright then. I can give shit to jb as much as I want.

I'd be up for midweek racing too, as long as we get a few people together so we can host our own races and not play with hackers in random lobbies. Almost kind of a shame there's no option to have AI fill in the remaining slots like in Kid Icarus: Uprising, so it's not too empty if we're just a few people. Maybe in those cases (3-4 people) we could consider playing some Brawl instead if we're in the mood for it? It's not as good but still going to get shut down nonetheless and SSB4 is much further away than MK8.

Our member of the week

All right I know I can setup my video capturing software on my laptop to capture the audio from the external source (USB adapter) AND get audacity to record stereo mix and that if in audio peripherals you choose NOT to listen to the audio source from the console, then I can record skype audio without the sound of the game mixing in "too" much (it would still be picked up from my TV by the mic on my end, but only so little).

Because, to be fair, it would only be worthwhile for a feature if we do get the skype audio in. And don't worry Az', I can always BUZZ or BEEP any swears out Smilie. No worries. I plan on editing enough to make this as professional as can be.

Let's just give up the stream idea though, cause that would become too complicated then.

( Edited 09.03.2014 16:59 by RudyC3 )

Wooooosh! I'll be there. >:3

Pew pew pewing red shells! Like James Bond!

Image for

Now now there, don't forget who kicked your asses in the last tournament while only getting a copy of the game on the day before. Smilie

can i join you guys 

img

powerstarmike said:
can i join you guys 

If you're on when we play then you're welcome to join us—the more the merrier. The evenings (UK time) of this Fri/Sat/Sun I think most of us will be playing, so if you're on during any of those times, you can hop in. Might play the odd one or two in midweek too, but we'll post in here when we play, so everyone knows.

And this is for MK Wii, not MK7, like you did ask about at first lol.

RudyC3 said:
Because, to be fair, it would only be worthwhile for a feature if we do get the skype audio in. And don't worry Az', I can always BUZZ or BEEP any swears out Smilie. No worries. I plan on editing enough to make this as professional as can be.
Recording sounds like a better option as my language isn't exactly PG. Even when I'm just generally chatting. Smilie I'll be able to do Friday, Saturday or Sunday.. so let's just figure out a day which is good for all of us.

( Edited 09.03.2014 22:31 by Mush )

It sounds like some might only be able to do Fri/Sat, but Sun sounds like the best day for Rudy.

I think we should put down that Sunday will be the official skype recorded session, so people should try to make every effort to be available for that. You don't have to skype, but the more take part on that day, the better.

Either way, I can do Fri and Sat like some other people here too, so if people are only available on those days, then at least we can still get some races in with them too.

Our member of the week

Well I "MIGHT" be able to do Saturday, but it will depend on whether other prioritary commitments get in the way or not.

ok  just let me know yall on friday and got friend code  so i can add you and i have a question do yall have skype 

img

So, how's it looking for tonight, Az? Any estimate for start time, duration and who is going to show up? You're kind of the host for this, after all. Smilie

Our member of the week

I won't be there tonight, but then again, I warned you lot I would have a difficult time making it tonight Smilie.

Tomorrow night should be good, if I don't forgot XD, And Sunday should be recording day methinks.

Jorge and Suze look like they'll be on tonight. Marzy, too. Stu also is hopeful. Me, SirLink and Mush. Not heard from Ifrit today. So that's a probable 7.

If I read it right, Jorge says he might not be able to Skype on Sunday because he wants to record too. So I dunno if there's a way around that. Have to ask him properly after.

Also not 100% sure who is and isn't free Sunday, so will have to check again on the day I think.

Can't say for sure what time tonight yet, but I guess put an estimate down for 7pm onwards. But depending on what's best for others, that might just change completely to 8/9/10pm, who knows. I don't know myself yet, but put a rough 7pm down for now and will see what others say.

I suppose play it by ear for how long we plan to stay on. Would be nice to try and at least do every track available, but if not tonight, then we can save that for the Skype sesh.

My Wii is all setup! Smilie

Azuardo said:
Jorge and Suze look like they'll be on tonight. Marzy, too. Stu also is hopeful. Me, SirLink and Mush. Not heard from Ifrit today. So that's a probable 7.

If I read it right, Jorge says he might not be able to Skype on Sunday because he wants to record too. So I dunno if there's a way around that. Have to ask him properly after.

Also not 100% sure who is and isn't free Sunday, so will have to check again on the day I think.

Can't say for sure what time tonight yet, but I guess put an estimate down for 7pm onwards. But depending on what's best for others, that might just change completely to 8/9/10pm, who knows. I don't know myself yet, but put a rough 7pm down for now and will see what others say.

I suppose play it by ear for how long we plan to stay on. Would be nice to try and at least do every track available, but if not tonight, then we can save that for the Skype sesh.

I SHOULD be free tomorrow and Sunday, but it's best to just play tonight and see what happens on the other days. Tonight is good for me and 7pm onwards is perfect!

anyone racing yet and hi

( Edited 14.03.2014 18:47 by powerstarmike )

img

Talking to others on twitter atm, seeing where people are at and registering them as friends. Hopefully within the next half hour or so we can perhaps get something going.

ok hey nice pic and do you have skype 

img
This topic is closed, no more posts can be added to it.

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Developer

Nintendo

Publisher

Nintendo

Genre

Driving

Players

C3 Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10

Reader Score

Rated $score out of 10  8/10 (50 Votes)

European release date Out now   North America release date Out now   Japan release date Out now   Australian release date Out now   
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.