C3's missing members

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 13.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Phoenixus said:
Spend some time on Neogaf Josh, the amount of elitism and crap on there makes anywhere else look like a paradise. Smilie

(seriously though, all I really notice is the positivity here, just ignore the more whiney visitors)

I wish I could see more positivity. Then again I'm beginning to realise that no community is without its annoying downsides. Can't seem to escape them~

Really I think gaming communities as a whole are just like that! I guess gamers are really opinionated.

When it comes to dedicated gaming communities C3 is the only one for me~ ;0

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

Fuck what people think, SL.

Are you a member at GAF Phoenix? I tried registering but it doesn't allow free email accounts, and it apparently takes 3-6 months before they verify it.

Yup, can't say I'm too keen on the community but it's a good source of collective wisdom and tidbits of news to type up here. Plus, C3 represent! Smilie
I used my broadband account email address to sign up, piece of cake.

SuperLink said:
Azuardo said:
I like controversy though.

Controversy is ok, I just don't like the butthurt and people getting mad at other people's opinions that comes with it.

I feel like some people here treat other members as if they're idiots sometimes sigh it's not really necessary.

Time was as long as you'd have the balls and the skill to make and maintain a valid point, you could at least hold your own. Hell, I've made some points in my time which with the benefit of hindsight, utterly horrify me.

Honestly, I never think that C3 truly recovered from the Martin/Oldschool battle. Between that and the amount of sub-par users that joined in the friend-code rush, the game changed entirely. Suddenly an opinion, no matter how valid, well spoken or put together was invalid or at least appeared to be if it deviated from the herd, and insults and mudslinging was assumed to be an apt replacement.

It wasn't.

That kinda killed it for me. It was like watching American politics in action. A lot was written down but not very much was actually said. Just a load of vacuous remarks and what seemed to be a worrying tendency towards a default opinion as opposed to individual ideas. And there was much animosity between the new and the old. Being decidedly in the elder camp, I bailed. I joined the E3 irc chat, because it's a good laugh, but otherwise absent. This time I'm back due to a PM from Jacob4000, go figure.

Anyway, users I miss.

AmazingJanet/Modplan Man (Cool guy and a linux user to boot)
Frazzle.d (He's on here occasionally, and I keep bumping into him in town.)

Others as I think of them.

I miss Takeo, he used to be a regular. Slydevil and Superlink I miss too. Smilie

What happened to Simes, ohm, Flynnie, Zapp, J Tangle, mOojc, jump_button, Knighty and Dritttoolegit?

Yeah, I thought SuperLink said he might come back during the summer, since uni ended, but... :L

jump_button I see on the neogaf forums, but with no way to register, I can't speak to him.

I wonder if there'll ever come a day where we disappear from the site..? I can't see it happening for me. Sorry guys ;p

Greame (Knighty) and Josh (SuperLink) do post on Facebook every so often, and Slydevil's on Steam every now and then. No idea about the rest though.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Even if I'm not on C3 the internet still pretty much runs my life.

I've become a lot more animu-orientated. I spend pretty much all day on Tumblr posting pretty yuri fanart from Pixiv, I guess that's my ~thing~ now.

I'm going to make a bit of an effort to be around.

Heh, nice to see you around, SL. And here I was pondering whether to take a break from C3, hm.

One of the reasons I wanted to come back was to force myself to cut back on some of my internet addictions that were just beginning to stress me out.

Also I feel too out of touch with gaming and gaming will always be my calling really.

Our member of the week

SuperLink said:
One of the reasons I wanted to come back was to force myself to cut back on some of my internet addictions that were just beginning to stress me out.

Do I hear Empire & Allies ? Or is it Farmville or Cityville ? Smilie

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Kafei2006 said:

Do I hear Empire & Allies ? Or is it Farmville or Cityville ? Smilie

None of those things thank god even I have standards Smilie
But no I spend too much time roleplaying it's not even that great.

Our member of the week

SuperLink said:

None of those things thank god even I have standards Smilie

Good 8). I have two E&A addicts in the house. The only good thing about it is that I don't hear as many complains like "You spend too much time on games", since they're even bigger addicts than I am by now XD.

( Edited 19.09.2011 23:14 by Kafei2006 )

Cubed3 Limited Staff :: Review and Feature Writer

Man superlinks posts, avatar and little tag thingy are all dpressing ha ha.

Cheer up dude, maybe when Mario Kart is out we should get everyone up for a few games like good old times.

btw i'm usally lurking on neogaf these days under the name Jimbojones.

Frazzlewoooo (guest) 24.11.2011#565

I'm a bawhair away from quitting WoW but I still play online games quite a bit. Got into TF2 recently if anyone's on there, and as always, spamming shite on facebook.

Don't quit WoW!

WoW loves you.

Who remembers Issiac? You know ... CaptIAN

Oh shiit...

We remember, you weren't entirely obvious about it though. Smilie

Marzy said:
I miss Takeo, he used to be a regular. Slydevil and Superlink I miss too. Smilie

What happened to Simes, ohm, Flynnie, Zapp, J Tangle, mOojc, jump_button, Knighty and Dritttoolegit?

Well at least someone missed me eh!

Don't think i am not present, it has been quite a looong time since i was an ever-present in the forums but i do check C3 daily for news. It's only been the past two weeks since i've been back in the forums again.

There some stalwarts at C3, the old-timers and ever-present's make it feel a little wholesome, some of you i have been talking to for sometime which is pretty good going i think!

I'll dwindle back into the background but don't ever fear...the C3 Naked Man is here! Smilie

Indeed, I missed you. I still remember your amazing signature, where I thought your *cough* thing was sticking up, but it was actually your thumb.

Ahhh, the memories.

( Edited 19.12.2011 23:22 by Marzy )

Phoenixus said:
We remember, you weren't entirely obvious about it though. Smilie

'twas a valid attempt.

Whattup?

Joe! Smilie

I missed you! Welcome back.

I'm back too, i missed this place and all the people. You mentioned me first Marzy I'm touched.

YAY! Smilie Good to see you guys back on the ol' C3 Smilie The place to be!

( Edited 30.10.2017 05:41 by Guest )

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo, Flynnie

There are 2 members online at the moment.