3DS Discussion Thread

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 06.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Ifrit XXII said:
Fusion, SMB3, Yoshi's Island and Super Circuit? Smilie

Now we just need Metroid Zero Mission and Zelda Minish Cap. Smilie

STARZ 4 MINISH CAP. Smilie Smilie
Really excited that we're getting SMB3.. has to be my favourite game in the SMB series. Smilie
Never played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror or Metroid Fusion either. So this is great for me.

Probably haven't played a few of the others, either. Sounds like we're getting some pretty damn good games. *PRAYS FOR MINISH CAP 1,000,000 TIMES*

Zero Mission would be good, too. Haven't really played any Metroids other than the first, Super Metroid, the Primes and Other M. So it would be LOVELY to get two Metroid games I've never played before.

EDIT: Question about the NES games. The ten NES games we are getting free, are they going to be a part of the "3D Classics" series? I haven't heard of Nintendo releasing normal NES VC titles on the 3DS. Can anyone clear this up for me?

( Edited 03.08.2011 01:44 by Mush123 )

@Mush: I'm pretty sure I read that the NES games will be updated with multiplayer (where it's possible, of course) but won't be part of the "3D Classics" series.

And I agree, Minish Cap would be fucking awesome. Smilie If they would offer either Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire or Firered/Leafgreen and you could choose one of them, that would be the icing on the cake (especially if they were enhanced with online trading/battling). Likely not going to happen but if it did, I wouldn't be able to take all the nostalgia. Smilie

( Edited 03.08.2011 05:51 by SirLink )

I highly doubt Ruby/Sapphire will be up, simply because they're next in line for the remake treatment, and even if these games will reach only a select number of 3DS owners, those not in the know will think they already own the games. Plus, their trading features would have to be re-equipped with online, and the whole reason Nintendo is being gracious with these games is because it'll be free to distribute them.

Pokemon will definitely be represented though. Pokemon Pinball ruby and sapphire is far more likely.

Phoenixus said:
I highly doubt Ruby/Sapphire will be up, simply because they're next in line for the remake treatment, and even if these games will reach only a select number of 3DS owners, those not in the know will think they already own the games. Plus, their trading features would have to be re-equipped with online, and the whole reason Nintendo is being gracious with these games is because it'll be free to distribute them.

Pokemon will definitely be represented though. Pokemon Pinball ruby and sapphire is far more likely.

Yeah, I know that we'll probably see a remake of those two in the near future. I was simply daydreaming a bit as I'd really like to give those older games another go without having to miss out on Pokémon that need trading to evolve or to obtain them at all. Smilie Good old times. Pokémon was much simpler back then when there weren't so many Pokémon.Smilie

alobbyoutwamy (guest) 03.08.2011#1230

At the frequently i pondering you were reasonable of non-specific things to opportunity~
But in that I grasp we're dangerous here I desire wholly blithe Smilie

And mel i expected more from you

OK Go music videos are on the video channel on 3DS and they're in 3D cooool. Although it makes me wonder why Nintendo can't have a YouTube channel. I want it now! Smilie

I've just got a message on my 3DS from Nintendo about the "Ambasador Program" too. Can't wait to get all those free games!

( Edited 03.08.2011 22:50 by Trepe )

Tesco have them in-store at £115. Get one today and head onto the eShop before 11:59pm tonight and you'll still get the free games.

I don't think you'll find a better deal than that.

Squidboy (guest) 13.08.2011#1233

Rumoured List of Free Games (GoNintendo via N3DS Blog)

NES

SMB
SMB2
LoZ
LoZ II
DK Jr
Ice Climber
Balloon Fight
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure

GBA

Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart SC
Metroid Fusion
Wario Ware Inc
Wario Ware: Twisted
Mario Vs Donkey Kong
Pokemon Emerald
LoZ: The Minish Cap
Super Mario Ball
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

(Twisted and Emerald in 2012 - titles require modfications)

Wait for an official announcement. If true, the inclusion of Super Mario Ball (woefully weak crap), and the omission of Super Mario Bros 3, despite a recent hint on Facebook, is very disappointing.

SCAMbassadors have bought the 3DS in the US and Europe this week, at heavily reduced prices, and they've got 20 free games also.

I feel fucked over, Nintendo's feeble offer means very little to me, I have nearly all of these games already on NES VC and GBA cart.

I'm very torn about the 3DS right now. I never really thought i'd be interested in getting one, but now its so cheap and I really want to play a few games, plus theres some good titles out later in the year.

Its really annoying that I don't have a friend who owns one so I can get proper hands on with it before I buy.

The price I got it for (£115) was well worth it, I think. I don't have any games for it and I may not buy any soon, but I don't think it's gonna be that price again for a while, so I just had to. In a year's time some of the decent games out now will be cheaper, and there will be more to choose from. If you can get it cheap, saunderscowie, why not?

Joe (guest) 15.08.2011#1236

SCAMbassadors have bought the 3DS in the US and Europe this week, at heavily reduced prices, and they've got 20 free games also.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Smilie

Image for

Kojima, I swear that if you don't now make this, I will hunt you down.

Nice of them to include the new movie coming out. How many fighters is that on the 3DS now? Awaiting Soul Calibur 3D (although with SCV, I can actually live without that).

They took the Z.O.E logo and flipped it around to make 3DS Smilie.

Tekken looks good, and it's good to see they're including the film as an extra. I wouldn't mind SC 3DS, but I don't think it'll happen for some reason.

( Edited 17.08.2011 16:40 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

7 minutes of Mario Kart 7. Looks smooth.
I haven't been following this so much but I take it there is online play. Anyone know if it also has voice chat? I loved MKWii online, but the one thing it needed was voice chat. I don't get my hopes up for it happening on this version (more likely on Wii U), but it would be great if it did.

15 mins of Luigi's Mansion 2.

7 mins of Kid Icarus.

( Edited 18.08.2011 02:44 by Azuardo )

I have heard talk about Mario Kart 7 having voice chat but I don't think there's been any clear confirmation from Nintendo so far. Would be pretty ridiculous not to support it as the 3DS has a built-in mic anyway. Oh well, in the worst case scenario, you could always jump on Skype with whoever you're racing with.Smilie

But yeah, those games are all looking great. Will pick up all three of them when they're coming out. Smilie

Luigi's Mansion 2 looks annoying... I'm guessing you aim with the gyro or something?

That's a key problem with the 3DS, it needed dual analogues. Kid Icarus will be unplayable for me, due to being left-handed, so I can't get that game. Sure, they'll be a mode for left-handed players, but it'll be so inferior it's pointless.

What's that recycled music I hear in Mario Kart 7, as well. I hope they change that in the final version.

( Edited 18.08.2011 10:22 by Marzy )

Marzy said:
What's that recycled music I hear in Mario Kart 7, as well. I hope they change that in the final version.

I really hope that's changed too. Incredibly lazy.

Well, I have my Nintendo 3DS and I have ordered 2 games cases it. haven't got any 3DS games for it yet, but I have two VC games on it. Kirby's dreamland and LoZ: Link's Awakening or somthing like that. I also have the 3D Pokedex. My sister questions why I have three handhelds now. This is what I mean.

Image for

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

( Edited 21.08.2011 15:56 by Firefly )

Onwards, TO NOWHERE! Proud owner of Farming Simulator 2013.
Squidboy (guest) 25.08.2011#1245

Check out Beyond the Labyrinth Trailer on Youtube.

It looks very cool.

Squidboy (guest) said:
Check out Beyond the Labyrinth Trailer on Youtube.

It looks very cool.

Yeah, saw this the other day. Does look pretty interesting.

Vid in question:

Squidboy (guest) 27.08.2011#1247

Thanks.

Anyone bought Capcom's classic platformer/ RPG Gargoyles Quest, aka Makaimura Gaiden?.

It costs £3.60 / 4.00 Euro

I highly recommend it, it's easily one of the best titles the Gameboy saw. It's even better now that the password system has been rendered useless by the 3DS's restore point functionality.

Awesome orchestral music, excellent style and graphics which create a dark foreboding
atmosphere, and very tight platforming action. The RPG stuff is as classic as it gets - random battles, and terrible scripting that will make you chuckle.

A gothic masterpiece - 9/10

Squid - are you not going to login?

Cubed3 Admin/Founder & Designer

Been meaning to ask Squid myself why he isn't logging in. Threads don't get bumped when guests post, so I often miss some of his comments.

Anyway, Japanese mag Nintendo Dream supposedly has an interview with Monolith Soft, hinting their next project is an RPG for 3DS, and is the 3rd in a series.

No doubt Baten Kaitos 3.

Azuardo said:

Anyway, Japanese mag Nintendo Dream supposedly has an interview with Monolith Soft, hinting their next project is an RPG for 3DS, and is the 3rd in a series.

No doubt Baten Kaitos 3.

Putting the heart attack I get whenever I read Baten Kaitos 3 aside, how are Monolith Soft working on a 3DS game as well seeing as they already have a Wii U game in the works and have been recruiting more developers for that project? Maybe they're getting some help from Nintendo right there because a first-party RPG is just what the 3DS needs. Ahh damn it, I'm really curious now.

Also, my 1111. post! Smilie

( Edited 27.08.2011 21:55 by SirLink )

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.