Bethesda Following in SEGAs Wii Footsteps

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 28.05.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

Imagine Elderscrolls or fallout.
Even if it's not, they are still brilliant studios. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the Wii, hopefully it will be announced at E3 Smilie

Something ground up would be interesting, there still needs to be a major shift from alot of other developers to push the \'hardcore\' part of the Wii\'s market to sell well, I think it can happen, if RE4/UC, Twilight Princess, and MP3 can sell well as \'hardcore\' games that don\'t appeal to the whole market, I don\'t see why others don\'t.

I wonder if they\'ll consider Elder Scrolls V on the Wii (unless they think the world would be too big) or just a completely seperate version of both Elder Scrolls and Fallout. I don\'t see how they did a PSP version but say that the Wii\'s not powerful enought for Oblivion.

( Edited 18.05.2009 16:30 by Stulaw )

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

Shenmue III I mean Elder Scrolls V. I hope? Smilie

( Edited 18.05.2009 16:54 by SuperLink )

Twitter | C3 Writer/Moderator | Backloggery

SuperLink said:
Shenmue III I mean Elder Scrolls V. I hope? Smilie

Elder Scrolls V should be left with the PC/360. I'd like to see a not numbered ES game for the Wii. It might not be able to be as big a game as Oblivion, but it still could be great with WiiMotion Plus.

I think last time they said they didn't want to make Wii games? I guess 50.000.000 changed their mind.

I see a crying developer here: He tries to do a hardcorre tite on Wii with mediocre gameplay and lousy graphics, hich was cheap to make and thinks hardcore fans, who are into graphics and game mechanics, will buy it like crazy.
All the hardcore consumers are gone to the other two consoles, so you have to either have a long breath and build IPs for Wii or make a great game with gret graphics and/or funny or great protagonists. SEGA did it with HotD: Overkill, so Bethesda have to be better then they were.
They will fail, because they don't want to throw in a lot of money and great designers.

Partyl because Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 were mediocre hack'n'slay games which were boring after 2/3 of playing. Fallout seems to better I've been told. But not different. Same principle but with great ideas and fresh setting, absurd and great style. The rest is mediocre, too.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Laurelin said:

Partyl because Elder Scrolls3 4 were mediocre hack'n'slay games which were boring after 2/3 of playing.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!
Elderscrolls 3 morrowind was awesome! Arguably better than oblivion, they are both brilliant games with a massive variety of gameplay in each and not always relying, on how you so crudely put it, hack'n'slay.
The missions vary depending on the guild that you join and i.e. darkbrother hood is all about stealth and not at all about killing.
For longevity there are also a gazillion to one mods such as dragon mounts and hilarious chatacter models (such as cloud and sephiroth inc.weapons)
It's a game that keeps going, and the expansion packs arn't half bad either. There is a reason why they both got game of the year!

I dont want an 18 rated game, thats just stupid and limiting.

I want a -decent budget- game, which can appeal to ALL the Wii gamers that want quality games, regardless of gore.

http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD Smilie
OH MY GOD OH MY GODSmilie

Oh and.....OH MY GOD! Smilie

LinkSoul said:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD Smilie

Oh and.....OH MY GOD! Smilie

Exactly what I said Smilie

Smilie here comes Elder Scrolls on rails.

Laurelin said:

They will fail, because they don't want to throw in a lot of money and great designers.

That's exactly what I think is gunna happen, I just hope I'm wrong thoughSmilie I want a eccentric open world title from these Devs, I hope they don't settle on doing the minimumSmilie

I've played TES3: Morrowind for 100, maybe 150 hours. Awesome game, so much to do.
I would love to see something like that on the Wii. There are not enough quality adventure games, a bit like Zelda.

Canyarion said:
I've played TES3: Morrowind for 100, maybe 150 hours. Awesome game, so much to do.
I would love to see something like that on the Wii. There are not enough quality adventure games, a bit like Zelda.

precisely. And theres nothing funner than making yourself awesome with spells and killing lord vivec in about 2 hits Smilie Smilie

J Tangle said:
Smilie here comes Elder Scrolls on rails.

Smilie
For making me laugh when I need cheering out of my over revisioned brain. Smilie if they did that, I would disown Bethsda....unless they did Fallout 4 or TESV
Smilie

As much as this cynically amuses me, I will openly admit that I'm very excited about this seeing as, when all is said and done, Bethesda are excellent developers. I really am glad to see that more and more serious developers are finally trying to harness the Wii the way it was meant to be used.

However, I can easily see girl gamers taking serious offense at that "games for girls" thing. Better be careful, there, because I've seen plenty of girls who play Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

Wait, when did they do Elder Scrolls on PSP?? I need that!

Also, if any other American readers have seen the issue of Game Informer from a couple months back where they joke about "Fallout 3: Vault Party" for Wii... I wonder if Bethesda saw that?

gatotsu911 said:

Wait, when did they do Elder Scrolls on PSP?? I need that!

ermmm.. I just looked it up and apparently it wasn't confirmed to be cancelled, but it hasn't seen the light of day Smilie.

Follow Me on twitter :: @Stulaw90 || My Youtube || Backloggery
NNID: Stulaw

gatotsu911 said:
However, I can easily see girl gamers taking serious offense at that "games for girls" thing. Better be careful, there, because I've seen plenty of girls who play Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

How, there are actually games out there aimed for just young girls. Haven't you heard of Bratz and Petz series? Those are definitely not aimed at young males. Even seeing the US Cooking Mama trailer with only little girls in it makes it seem like that was just for girls. I think what they mean by

so we will not be seeing the developer "establish a new range [called] 'My Girly Game Range' or whatever these other companies are doing, it's so me-too and boring.
is that they are not gunna aim for just little girls and cash in, but aim for mature people overall and try to cash in. It's more a good game/bad game issue, rather than girl/boy issue.

I personally hope it will be a game that brings the best of TES4 and Fallout 3 together in a cohesive package that takes into consideration the limitations of the Wii. In my opinion, TES4 is vastly superior than TES3- from menu navigation to the mechanics behind leveling. Fallout 3 is just an amazing game that really draws you in, and that is something I want from a Wii game.

Here\'s hoping Bethesda take a page from Rockstars book and create a seamless streaming engine that is better than the one in GTA: SA that was on PS2.

( Edited 18.05.2009 23:41 by TruLink )

I don't post much, but I will appreciate any feedback on the posts I do make. Feel free to PM

We\'re not going to produce games for girls

That\'s what I was referring to. I don\'t take offense personally - I know what he meant - but I can see how some people would.

( Edited 19.05.2009 00:04 by gatotsu911 )

Hmmm.. Personally, I expect it to be a Fallout-like spin-off. All Bethesda's franchises but The Elder Scrolls and their recent Fallout 3 are relatively crap, so I think they'd rather stick with their main franchises. Also, The Elder Scrolls isn't 18-rated, so I'd say a Fallout Wii. Could be awesome.

If it's gonna be a new franchise, please let it be cel shaded! Bethesda is good at setting up enormous areas, so something The Wind Waker-like would be astonishing.

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Flynnie, jb

There are 2 members online at the moment.