SCIII On Revolution and XBOX2?

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

According to SPONG (stop laughing):

It is looking likely that a version of Soul Calibur III will be shown for Microsoft's next-generation of Xbox and Nintendo's Revolution at next month's E3, overwriting last week's news of Sony exclusivity.

According to a Namco representative,

Trying to think of a witty signature after 'Hacker-gate'...

Here's hoping. I have faith in SPOnG. This had better be true, it would be the nuts on the Revolution, and convince to to get one.

Guest 06.04.2005#3

This topic should be on general gaming not gamecube.

One things for sure is if this turned out to be true it'll sell like hot cakes as a Revo launch game, indeed it'd be bloody awesome and a great start for the system.

Additionally something that could back this "story" up a bit is that Namco, being good buds with Nintendo, will have dev kits for the Revo after Iwata confirming that the important devs have them - i.e. Namco.

Let's hope this isn't another false story from Spong though Smilie

Barry Lewis [ nin10do :: General Writer :: Feature Writer :: Fountain of Industry Statistics ]
"We're mentalist psychic Scots, which means we can read your mind. If you're lying, your head explodes and we laugh."

I don't have any reason to doubt Spong on this, they are making a few assumptions the way we have done before.

I'm not to sure about the Revo but Microsoft are pushing for a 2005/2006 release date on the Xenon whoch while not making SC3 a launch title does mean it'll be out within the same timeframe.

Also The PS2 release might be down to Namco not sure when the PS3 is due to be released. Sony said they'd unveil it before E3 but didn't state in what form. Sonyt have already had to postpone a behind doors showing of it and the Immersion courtcase could take the PS3's controllers and console itself back to the drawing board while its developers acquire or create a new vibration system.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

This is probably the most confusing rumour ever, it's convincing, but it's Spong!

Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

Its not too confusing, its just a rumour, a confirmed fact and an assumption put into one article.

Fact - Namco are not making SC3 for the GC or Xbox, it is a PS2 exclusive.

Rumour - The soul calibur series will be produced for the next generation systems.

Assumption - SC3 is heading towards the Xenon and Revo and will be shown at E3.

Other plausible assumptions can be made with regards to this.

Assumption - SC3 is too remain a PS2 exclusive. It would have been made for the next generations if dev kits were made available in time.

Which leads onto another assumption

Assumption - The Soul Calibur series is to be developed on the next generation of consoles in the shape of Soul Calibur 4.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Well, I hope to see Soul Calibur 4 on the revolution... nice logic there, Gastrain, you aren't leaking information to Spong by any chance? Smilie

Nope, just not jumping to fanboyish wishing.

Err... sorry, you aren't making any sense there...?

I was talking with regards to the logic.

We have this quote:

Yes... that's what the compliment was for, but what is the fanboyish wishing? (I find the word fanboy offensive...) unless you mean Tempo, but I think that his statement is pretty fair...?

I use the term fanboy as liberally as Tempo uses the term whore(ing).

For me fanboyism is an extreme version of wishful thinking which at times can go against the stream of logic.

Namco announces that Soul Calibur series will be on the next generation.

A logical answer - Because SC3 is a PS2 exclusive and development started before next gen dev kits were out then it'll most likely be SC4.

Wishful Thinking - I hope Namco is bringing SC3 to the next gen.

The fanboyish answer - Namco is most likely/defnitely bringing SC3 to the next gen.

The fanboyish comment was with regards to the immeadiate assumption that it would be Xenon and Revolution with no mention what so ever of the Playstation3. Logical thinking would suggest that if SC3 was going onto the next gen then it would be on the PS3 first and foremost.
Sony and Namco have already struck an exclusivity deal for the PS2 so why would Namco not bring it to the PS3.
Namco's exclusivity deal was based on Sony having the highest market share so why would it go to 2nd and 3rd placed companies, not the 1sst placed company.

I pose the obvious question, for all we know, SCIII could be a year old by the time the Revolution launches in Europe, would we really appreciate getting a last generation console on our new Nintendo console? I'd be a little pissed.

Last time I enjoyed a beat 'em up was Soul Calibur on the DC. Bought SC2 but found it was just more of the same. Pretty mush bored with the whole genre. Especially as I find learning all the moves/combos a chore. Gaming is supposed to be fun isn't it?

My DS code for 42 classic games is 5026 2806 4140. Looking for people to play Rummy with. Feel free to PM your code. Also, anyone can add my Wii code if they like, PM me with yours too.

Even then, SC wasn't as good as SoulBlade.

I know that this time Spong may have stumbled upon a half true rumour - atleast. But I feel the need to post this up, if not as a off-topic stab but a warning to not believe everything Spong say.

Image for
Tom Barry [ Reviewer - Editor - Resident Sim-Racer @ Cubed3.com ] 

"Halo Party 6"

Man that would rule.

When exactly was that posted?

well why not on ps3? them

i know the doing a ps2 one that will work on GC and xbox easy

PS2 exclusivity because so.

Sony money and blowjobs Namco give.

Thanks Gastrian, sorry to get angry, I suppose by your definition I can accept the use of the word...

That would be nice, but i still dont see how Namco wouldn't just port them over to Xbox and GameCube when its so easy to do so. Nintendo owners will be waiting the longest then...

test

test

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.