Dissapointing camera

Viewing as a guest Viewing as Guest Last visit: 27.04.2024
Search this topic Search Topic

Welcome to the Cubed3 forums! Join us today - it takes just 20 seconds to start posting! Sign Up for Free Account Login

If there was one feature that I needed more info on the Gizmondo about, it was the camera. Now, I've been told that the camera was 'high quality', but then again I suppose I guess it depends on what you mean by 'high'.

"The Camera has a resolution of 640x480, with 300,000 pixels (0.3mp) though this will shortly be updated through a software update to enable the nvidia chipset to improve the quality to 1.3mp."
Taken from
Gizmondo Central

Now isn't that a bit weak? I think my phine an do at least that, and I was expecting something more like 3mp, not 0.3! Seems like this feature has basically been added to make the consle sound more impressive, but now it just makes me wonder if other features are this weak?

i guess every handheld has its weakness.

Image for

thats pretty shitty but at least there getting it sorted out with 1.3mp.

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Hmm. I'm really stuck as to which handheld to choose. Out of the 3 I'm beginning to head towards the PSP, but the original GBA still feels fine to me. I think I might wait and see what the GBevo can produce? (wow, that's actually a bit off-topic!)

Anyway, another fault I've found with the Gizmondo is that the battery lasts just 3.5 hours! Yes, you can buy a better battery and yes. the battery will be better for music etc, but I think this has killed any chance I had of getting a Giz.

But if it's a firmware update, it's still going to be pretty shite isn't it?

Don't get a gizmondo it has barley any support

XBL Gamertag: James2t3

Even 1.3 is hardly 'high quality', though I guess it's good enough...

To be fair the Gizmondo was shown last September where cameras were still a bit shitty especially integrated ones.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

I guess so. And I've got to remember that the camera is hardly the main feature of the Giz, is it? Still, I wanted something that meant I could leave my digi cam at home, and this just wasn't what I was expecting at all!

Its mainly there to send pictures back and fore other gizmondo's via MMS.

Matthew Evans [ Writer :: Moderator :: King of Impartiality :: Lord of the 15min Thread ] As the wind blows the sand to cover the camel's tracks so does time move to cover the Lord's.
Rejoice for the Lord will taketh his quarter and give much back to his followers.

Like a 'fun' camera...I see. Surely there's a way to get it onto a computer though?

USB2.0 connection.

Actually now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it has Bluetooth as well!

It has all the gadgets and stuff and concentrates mostly on multimedia. If you want multimedia as your number 1 then Gizmondo is right, i guess.
Thing is for games, GBA games could begin to get quite rare, while developers work on DS and PSP games. Obviously the PSP is a mix of games and multimedia. With the DS solely on games. I suppose it depends on what you want, media or games.

As for the camera, that doesn't sound very good quality. However, how often are you going to use it as one?

360 Gamertag: shiptoncraig
PSN: shiptoncraig
Steam: Guess what?

However, how often are you going to use it as one?

Problaby not that often! I just wanted to inform people before they buy, as this is the first time that I've seen any info on the camera quality. Again though, when I think about it, I'd rather the Giz was

Welcome to the Official Forum Topic for Terror of Hemasaurus (PC).

Discuss the game, share your thoughts, post pictures, videos and more.

C3 Bot

Used to process things automatically on Cubed3!!
Please contact jb if there are any problems with C3Bot!

Reply to this topic

To post in the forums please login or sign up to join the Cubed3 community! Sign Up for Free Account Login

Subscribe to this topic Subscribe to this topic

If you are a registered member and logged in, you can also subscribe to topics by email.
Site Feed
Who's Online?
Azuardo

There are 1 members online at the moment.